Looking for Flights to FL

SuperExcited25

To my knowledge, most airlines don't charge for carry ons. Checked bags is another subject.

For more specifc help on your flights, specifics are required, such as planned flight dates, and airports involved. From the West Coast, you either need to do a redeye going to Florida, or, much more seriously recommended, fly in AT LEAST one day early. From most Florida Airports you can get back to the West Coast with a 11-11:30 departure the day you get off the ship. We just did in December.

First of all, welcome to Cruise Critic.

It would be very helpful if you would tell us which port you will be using in Florida. There are five potential ports and we can't help unless we have some idea of your destination.

As of yesterday Spirit and Allegiant are charging for carry ons. There is no way we can predict which airlines will add this fee by your flight in December.

Frequent flyers/cruisers reccomend an overnight in your port city prior to the cruise, especially in the winter months.

It is always good to post your flight plans BEFORE you book if you have questions. There are superb posters (not me) who fly to and from the northwest who can give you great advice.

We look forward to being of assistance.

I guess we can start with finding out what you mean by "flight time sucks"?? Specific details of what you want, what you are finding, cities, dates and the rest all help out.

From SoFla, you can easily leave in the early afternoon and return to Washington by that night. You'll make a connection because there is only one non-stop from SEA to MIA on AS, and the times don't work for same day cruising flights. I'm going to assume that is what you say "sucks".

Face that you will either have to make at least one connection on the return or wait a day.

Now, where were we?

Is there any way to make your own flight

What does this even mean? Are you asking if you can decide what time you wish to fly and ask the airline to schedule it for you?

Agree, AS has only one nonstop flight, and you can't make the return. You're going to have to have a connection on the way back. It's the way it is when you live on the west coast.

Sorry, I was mostly just ranting. Im very new to all of this and have absolutely no idea what Im doing. Our port will be Port Everglades. We will be flying into fort Lauderdale. I think ive solved the problem. Im just going to have to suck it up and deal with the flight times. I wish we had a private jet :) Thanks!

Archived