7 night radiance of the seas northbound

hotrock

Can anyone tell me if $1500 per person in June is a decent price for a balcony cabin on the ROS? Also, is Northbound better/worse than Southbound? Is the Radiance nice? What makes it "special"? Lots of ???? I know, but I've never been to Alaska! Your experience is much appreciated. :)

For all your questions, and for all the best info on RCI, the best place is the RCI board.

The complexity of northbound vs. southbound is not which is best, but air. Flying in or out of Anchorage and getting to Seward to depart, or from Seward to Anchorage to fly home is the issue. There is lots of info on this board to help you.

Northbound is our favorite and so is the ROS..The sail out of Vancouver past Stanley Park and under LionsGate Bridge is an amazing way to start a cruise..Ending in Seward you have the option of the cruise contracted (Grandview) train that leaves from right next to where the ship docks that will take you directly to the door of the Anchorage airport..However just make sure your return flight home is no earlier than 2:00pm...The 127 mile narrated train trip was one of the highlights of our cruise...We're so excited to do this same itinerary again in May 2013....Enjoy Alaska !!

Both directions are great. :) I don't go with the "do southbound first to rest up" stuff, from people have booked too short, busy cruisetours. My touring never involves this with my planning. :)

You may also want to consider, if you are going to add time for land Alaska traveling before/after the cruise?? I don't do any one ways without it.

I am sailing the Radiance in Sept, but haven't been on that ship yet.

Can anyone tell me if $1500 per person in June is a decent price for a balcony cabin on the ROS? Also, is Northbound better/worse than Southbound? Is the Radiance nice? What makes it "special"? Lots of ???? I know, but I've never been to Alaska! Your experience is much appreciated. :)

Yes, $1500 for a balcony cabin in June on ROS is a decent price. ROS had some refurbishments done last year -- we sailed on the ship a couple of times prior to the refurb. and enjoyed it very much. One of the things we really enjoy about the Radiance is the fact that there is a lot of glass for scenery viewing.

Here is a link which you might find useful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1485779&highlight=all+things+radiance

Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Karen

We are doing the NB on the Radiance next month. Great ship 3rd time on her but first time after last years refurb

Concerning price If you look around you can find some great deals after final payment date. Right now our cruise is $849pp for residence discount or $699pp MIL discount. Those are Balcony prices. They had junior suites for $1050pp when we booked

We are doing the NB on the Radiance next month. Great ship 3rd time on her but first time after last years refurb

Concerning price If you look around you can find some great deals after final payment date. Right now our cruise is $849pp for residence discount or $699pp MIL discount. Those are Balcony prices. They had junior suites for $1050pp when we booked

Those are good prices -- too bad there are restrictions -- don't you wish cruising could be this cheap all the time. :) We are on Celebrity and my balcony cabin has gone up $2,600 since we booked.

Karen

Archived