Cafe al Bacio questions --

pens429

Does the premium drink package include everything at Cafe al Bacio (I've noticed the gelatos have a price associated with them - are these included) ?

How was your experience here -- crowded? peaceful atmosphere? good coffee (comparable to starbucks)? open all day?

I love a good caramel macchiato - and have a feeling I may be spending a lot of time at the Cafe ...

Gelato is not included but all the coffee drinks are.

We love Cafe al Bacio and spend time there every morning and sometimes in the afternoon as well. Its a very relaxing atmosphere and the service has always been top notch. The coffee is exceptional, enjoy!!

Cafe al Bacio was one of my favorite places on the ship.

I am a coffee snob and loved their coffee, morning afternoon and night.:D

It was never really crowded.I would return from excursion and go to the cafe for a nice cup of coffee or fancy tea and always a gelato. I had the NApreminum beverage package.

After I was relaxed, I would get a big bottle of San Pellegrino to take back to stateroom while I freshen up before going to the Sunset Bar for sailway.

You will love this area.

Does the premium drink package include everything at Cafe al Bacio (I've noticed the gelatos have a price associated with them - are these included) ?

How was your experience here -- crowded? peaceful atmosphere? good coffee (comparable to starbucks)? open all day?

I love a good caramel macchiato - and have a feeling I may be spending a lot of time at the Cafe ...

I love Cafe al Bacio. Very nice ambiance and the coffees and teas are excellent. I even have purchased some of the Lavazza coffee back home I liked it so much. I would say it is at least as good as Starbucks. Not sure of the exact hours, but it opens fairly early and closes fairly late. Have always had very friendly staff working there on my cruises (one cruise we wife even became Facebook friends with one of the baristas). They sometimes have live music at the Cafe such as the Acapello group or guitarist. It is a great venue to relax and people watch.

I also love Caramel Macchiatos and they are great at Cafe al Bacio. They also have really good complimentary snacks available there. The only thing I wish they would add to the menu is freshly brewed non espresso based coffee (all their coffee is espresso based beverages). The closest to regular coffee would be an Americano (shot of espresso poured in hot water).

Just about the only item not included with your package would be gelato (but there is good free ice cream in the buffet area during the afternoon and evening).

Open 7am-1am....so available to enjoy most any time of day/night !!

Woody

Even got a latte-to-go on the last morning before disembarking... your drink pkg is still good that morning!

That was my main hangout. I'd read there or watch movies I'd downloaded to my iPad. You know the buffet has a speciality drinks area you can use your premium drink card, don't you? I also used for speciality non-alcoholic drinks in bars. I'd started the cruise with the standard pkg, but upgraded once I saw the value.

Love love love the cafe! We never found it to be overcrowded. I would stop there each day on my way to breakfast. Most evenings on the way back to the room. And several times in between. I love it as much as Starbucks.

all the coffee is made expresso way one cup at a time. Ask for Americano, it is epresso with hot water added. It is a great cup of coffee.

Sorry I don't drink decaf, so don't know. I am Danish and can drink coffee till the wee hours of the night and go right to sleep. My Danish grandmother said it is our life blood.:D

all the coffee is made expresso way one cup at a time. Ask for Americano, it is epresso with hot water added. It is a great cup of coffee.

Sorry I don't drink decaf, so don't know. I am Danish and can drink coffee till the wee hours of the night and go right to sleep. My Danish grandmother said it is our life blood.:D

And I always thought I was of Scottish descent....but I too must be Danish, because I am the same way !! :D And on our Baltic cruise this past summer, I did enjoy several wonderful cups of coffee at three different coffee-shops in Copenhagen !!

I am at Cafe al Bacio as they open for the morning at 0700...for the first of my MANY, MANY Double/Double Large Lattes !! After the Molecular Bar...my favorite place to be onboard !

Enjoy

Woody

Can you get just a plain cup of coffee or do they have to be the specialty coffees? Also if it's just specialty can you get them decaf and lowfat/sugar. I know' date=' don't slam me for that one.:rolleyes:[/quote']

They have skim milk, Splenda, and sugar-free vanilla syrup. We had a decaf cappuccino almost every night. I am speaking about the Cova Cafe, but assume Cafe al Baccio has similar offerings. Therese wonderful coffee drinks made the non alcoholic Bev package totally worthwhile for us!

Great place.

We had the Premium Non-Alchoholic Package and used the Cafe several times a day. Water, sodas, snacks (all free), iced and hot coffees and teas.

The gelato was on the other side of the room. There is a charge.

They offer flavors of ice cream and soft serve in the Oceanview from 7 in the morning until night for free.

I was very surprised the cafe was open the morning we were getting off. We stayed there until out number was called. It made for a nice send off.

(better then the terrible line to get our bags and go through customs.

The cafe was never crowded and had very good service. Location is nice too. RIght on the way to our elevator.

I unfortunately had to quit drinking caffinated coffee because of my stomach. Now if I have caffine I am a shaky mess.:eek: I still sneak a "real" cup once in a while.;)

Great place.

We had the Premium Non-Alchoholic Package and used the Cafe several times a day. Water, sodas, snacks (all free), iced and hot coffees and teas.

The gelato was on the other side of the room. There is a charge.

They offer flavors of ice cream and soft serve in the Oceanview from 7 in the morning until night for free.

I was very surprised the cafe was open the morning we were getting off. We stayed there until out number was called. It made for a nice send off.

(better then the terrible line to get our bags and go through customs.

The cafe was never crowded and had very good service. Location is nice too. RIght on the way to our elevator.

They have skim milk, Splenda, and sugar-free vanilla syrup. We had a decaf cappuccino almost every night. I am speaking about the Cova Cafe, but assume Cafe al Baccio has similar offerings. Therese wonderful coffee drinks made the non alcoholic Bev package totally worthwhile for us!

Thank you both for the info. I can't wait.

Even got a latte-to-go on the last morning before disembarking... your drink pkg is still good that morning!

How did you pay for the coffee? The account should be settled and no cash transaction is allowed on the ship.

Ricky

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone......one of our little secrets!

We like to go there on disembarkation morning and have coffee and a croissant and people watch! We try not to rush off the ship!! Makes for a relaxing disembarkation morning!

Now, don't tell anyone! :p

How did you pay for the coffee? The account should be settled and no cash transaction is allowed on the ship.

Ricky

Probably with the beverage package since there would be nothing to add to the shipboard account. Departure morning...another good reason to have the beverage package!

Woody,

Enjoy your latte today in the cafe. :) I have to wait another 7 months until I am on another Celebrity cruise.

You do know that a latte is milk with coffee and a cauppucino is coffee with some hot milk and only drunk before 10 am according to the Italians!

Our Scottish and Danish ancestry lead us both of us back to the Vikings!!!

Those Vikings were everywhere.:cool:

I'm sure the espresso varies from ship to ship, and anyone that knows espresso knows it will certainly vary based on grind and tamp. On the Summit 3/24 sailing the folks had no idea what tamping was and surely didn't adjust the grind. I was underwhelmed by the quality of the espresso, and my wife was downright p!ssed that they had no carmel for her milky drink. I had the premium alc and was never charged a dime at Bacio. Never went to the gelato station, never saw anyone in line either.

Archived