Disgusted with RCL and Rhapsody Cabin changes!

Bill, might be worth giving her a holler back.

Some more details with my situation. I actually got my credit increased to $500 a couple weeks ago...I didn't share it with CC at the time for a couple of reasons:

1) While I was a little happier with the extra $300 OBC, I still feel as though this situation has been handled wrong and I think those affected are pushing for the correct solution which is to relocate us back to our original cabins. I would gladly surrender any OBC to the person now in the corner aft in order to get back the cabin I booked. It's easy enough for my wife and I to earn back a few hundred bucks at our jobs, but from a value perspective...well...realistically this is the only trip we'll make to Alaska in our young lives, so I'm not sure how to stick a dollar value on getting a magical view of it.

2.) The offer of the increase to $500 I got was not from corporate (i.e. not from Ms. Dolphin) but rather negotiated through my TA via his district-level RCI reps. Since my situation is an outlier (we actually tried to take this sailing last year, same cabin, and couldn't due to RCI -- long story), I assumed that the way the additional OBC was obtained wouldn't apply to everyone. I didn't want to go and set an expectation for everyone if my extra credit wasn't a corporate-level decision.

That said, if Ms. Dolphin is now involved, that should be a corporate-level decision and should apply to anyone I would think. It's not much, but it's probably the bare minimum damage control to change the public majority's perception of the incident.

Thanks for coming back to update. I've been wondering if there was any truth to the story that RCI was working with the affected cruisers. I'm guessing they are only working with the few customers who are aware of what has been done with their rooms.

I'm still hoping that you get your original room back (and that a corporate-level decision will be implemented here). Otherwise, the customers that don't know about CC really have no knowledge of what to do about the situation or that they've even been moved until they arrive on the ship.

There is no truth to Royal Caribbean working with this cruiser. I have contacted Royal Caribbean several times throughout this affair. I am repeatedly promised a call back that never comes. I am always promised a reply to my emails. No answers there, either.

Working with someone requires communication from both sides. And that is certainly lacking in my case.

There is no truth to Royal Caribbean working with this cruiser. I have contacted Royal Caribbean several times throughout this affair. I am repeatedly promised a call back that never comes. I am always promised a reply to my emails. No answers there, either.

Working with someone requires communication from both sides. And that is certainly lacking in my case.

Bill, do you have Ms. Dolphin's direct contact info? If not, I'll shoot it your way.

Bill, I hope that you see some results with your call.

I am the one that posted on the other thread that I received a call from Ms. Dolphin. I had received an email from her several days ago and I was giving up hope that I would receive any further contact from the powers that be. I wish that I could tell you that we had gotten our cabin back or that I was 100% happy with the results, but it looks like I will have to be happy with the $500 OBC. I did ask why they couldn't just move the second bookers to a new cabin, but I was just told that they were unable to do that. Since I received the call while I was at work I was not at liberty to let loose with all the words I wanted to share. We are taking this cruise with several family members for a very special occasion so I am not at liberty to cancel, but I can assure everyone here that I won't be taking another RCI cruise. And to be honest I am pretty sure that the other family members will definitely be thinking HAL for their future cruises.

Just as a side note...I still have not received a call from my TA at Costco. Ms. Dolphin made note of the fact that my TA had been notified a day ago. Still two days later I haven't been called by my TA with this information.

I am the one that posted on the other thread that I received a call from Ms. Dolphin. I had received an email from her several days ago and I was giving up hope that I would receive any further contact from the powers that be. I wish that I could tell you that we had gotten our cabin back or that I was 100% happy with the results, but it looks like I will have to be happy with the $500 OBC. I did ask why they couldn't just move the second bookers to a new cabin, but I was just told that they were unable to do that. Since I received the call while I was at work I was not at liberty to let loose with all the words I wanted to share. We are taking this cruise with several family members for a very special occasion so I am not at liberty to cancel, but I can assure everyone here that I won't be taking another RCI cruise. And to be honest I am pretty sure that the other family members will definitely be thinking HAL for their future cruises.

Just as a side note...I still have not received a call from my TA at Costco. Ms. Dolphin made note of the fact that my TA had been notified a day ago. Still two days later I haven't been called by my TA with this information.

Beezy, I have an awesome manager contact at Costco Travel now as well if you end up having trouble on that side. One of the most helpful guys I've ever met. Let me know if you end up needing that...

I know others have posted about this as well...but what a ROYAL screwup. I am so upset that RCCL does not have the courage to do what is right by the passengers that booked early on the" NEW" RHAPSODY. If you booked an aft cabin on deck 8 prior to January---your cabin # has been changed and you are no longer aft. Someone who booked well after you has been booked into your aft JS. Everyone has a story and everyone wants their room back. We booked the aft as this is a dream trip for us to Alaska. We only wanted an Aft cabin. Had we not been able to book one, we would have picked a different week! Everyone just wants RCCL to step up and tell us WHY?? Why treat loyal customers with such disrespect?

I would be just as angry as you if this happened to me, why would RCCL do this?? Makes no sense.

I am the one that posted on the other thread that I received a call from Diana. I had received an email from her several days ago and I was giving up hope that I would receive any further contact from the powers that be. I wish that I could tell you that we had gotten our cabin back or that I was 100% happy with the results, but it looks like I will have to be happy with the $500 OBC. I did ask why they couldn't just move the second bookers to a new cabin, but I was just told that they were unable to do that. Since I received the call while I was at work I was not at liberty to let loose with all the words I wanted to share. We are taking this cruise with several family members for a very special occasion so I am not at liberty to cancel, but I can assure everyone here that I won't be taking another RCI cruise. And to be honest I am pretty sure that the other family members will definitely be thinking HAL for their future cruises.

Just as a side note...I still have not received a call from my TA at Costco. RCI made note of the fact that my TA had been notified a day ago. Still two days later I haven't been called by my TA with this information.

"Did ask why they couldn't just move the second bookers to a new cabin, but I was just told that they were unable to do that". Now where is the logic in that? I would of asked her why since they moved you with no problem. You are a gem taking this the way you did my hats off to you if she said that to me I would of not let her off the hook that easy I would keep asking why they were unable to move the second bookers and yet you were moved...

I understand that this whole situation and solving it is not easy and that someone is going to be upset one way or another..I really think RCL could of stepped up and managed this situation better if they were forthcoming and communicated honestly and yes it was going to cost them money and yes people are going to still be upset as part of the fix.. so which is the easy way out in RCL eyes is what it comes down t. It is easier to have one group of people mad at you then two groups. One group is all ready upset why upset a second group.

This has nothing to do with right or wrong with RCL it has to do with how is the best way they can handle this situation for them they probably weighed the pros and cons and decided that this is the route they would take with minimal backlash. Public relations wise this has been a failure for them but they will ride this wave sorry to say and it will pass until the next public relations mishap comes along.

.I feel sorry for those who cabins were bumped and I do hope RCL will do right by you I would say that getting your cabin back is not going to happen.. So decide what it is you want and go from there..

"Did ask why they couldn't just move the second bookers to a new cabin, but I was just told that they were unable to do that". Now where is the logic in that? I would of asked her why since they moved you with no problem. You are a gem taking this the way you did my hats off to you if she said that to me I would of not let her off the hook that easy I would keep asking why they were unable to move the second bookers and yet you were moved... "

When the aft people got 'moved', did the cabin number stay the same? I assume this is why they can't force the second bookers to move.

When the aft people got 'moved', did the cabin number stay the same? I assume this is why they can't force the second bookers to move.

Yes, this is the crux of the situation. Everyone kept their cabin "number", it's just not the location they originally booked.

Smells to me like the people that got those cabins are 'connected' so someone in RCL corporate... Only reason I can figure they would take so much flak and still hold this stupid position of not restoring the original bookings... Wonder if they channeled those cabins to VIPs or someone they are kissing up too... ;)

Anyhow, not much you can do about it other than vote with your feet and move on to another line. My family, while loving the ships, has decided to look elseware because of the lousy ports that RCL is focusing on. Maybe we will give Princess another couple of runs...

Think we need another 'new' unafliated line. NCL is just plain boring and the Carnival brands have been cost cut to death. At least the food on Princess has not been changed over to the $1/day/person model Carnival is using on their ships but give them time... RCL and Carnival are getting way to comfortable in owning everything in site...

"Did ask why they couldn't just move the second bookers to a new cabin, but I was just told that they were unable to do that". Now where is the logic in that? I would of asked her why since they moved you with no problem. You are a gem taking this the way you did my hats off to you if she said that to me I would of not let her off the hook that easy I would keep asking why they were unable to move the second bookers and yet you were moved...

I had this same thought process when I talked to Diana . It's the lack of logic that makes this so infuriating. It's not that they're "unable" to move those folks -- it's that they won't. You could tell everything she said was just a canned response.

It there were logic here, we wouldn't have a 30k-view, 25-page thread on this. If there were logic here, there would be some folks cheering for RCI instead of the folks affected (like with the tobacco thread). That's not the case. They don't care about me and my wife, or our business long-term. So be it.

Yes, this is the crux of the situation. Everyone kept their cabin "number", it's just not the location they originally booked.

Actually -- that's not accurate for me. Originally I was moved from 8588 to a different number altogether.

Actually -- that's not accurate for me. Originally I was moved from 8588 to a different number altogether.

Wow, didn't know that was happening too. So you were moved to a different number, and that different number is not the same cabin location you had originally?

Wow, didn't know that was happening too. So you were moved to a different number, and that different number is not the same cabin location you had originally?

Correct. I guess it's possible that my TA noticed what happened and attempted to get me closer to the corner aft that than the "new" 8588 was...but I'd be surprised if they did that without telling me.

Everyone here says the same thing..."Makes no sense". Still RCL has absolutely NO explanation as to why they cannot give the cabins back to the original bookings. After all this time, and Alaska cruises begining this month...I cant imagine they will budge. All we all want is the cabin location back and they refuse.

Beezy, I have an awesome manager contact at Costco Travel now as well if you end up having trouble on that side. One of the most helpful guys I've ever met. Let me know if you end up needing that...

Chris, thank you for the offer. I would love to have the contact info for Costco Travel. It has been another day with no contact from the TA and I am thinking that perhaps a call might just be in order.

Dale, I would have loved to argue with this woman until we were both exhausted, but unfortunately I was at my work when she called. I was at work the first time that I was contacted regarding this problem and I spent several hours with numerous calls on the phone. That day was definitely an abuse of work time and I didn't feel that it would be fair of me to devote any more of my work hours to this issue. I don't think that anyone at the office wanted to hear that conversation again. Maybe secretly that was all part of their plan :confused:

Dale, I would have loved to argue with this woman until we were both exhausted, but unfortunately I was at my work when she called. I was at work the first time that I was contacted regarding this problem and I spent several hours with numerous calls on the phone. That day was definitely an abuse of work time and I didn't feel that it would be fair of me to devote any more of my work hours to this issue. I don't think that anyone at the office wanted to hear that conversation again. Maybe secretly that was all part of their plan :confused:

Beezy I hope you do not think I was questioning you I was not that remark RCL told you was so absurd and illogical it made no sense to me. I really do think you have been a good sport through this. I can understand why you did not arque with her at the time..

Chris, thank you for the offer. I would love to have the contact info for Costco Travel. It has been another day with no contact from the TA and I am thinking that perhaps a call might just be in order.

Drop me an email and I'll send it your way: fly4aday at yahoo

Beezy I hope you do not think I was questioning you I was not that remark RCL told you was so absurd and illogical it made no sense to me. I really do think you have been a good sport through this. I can understand why you did not arque with her at the time..

Dale, no worries, I took no offense at the comment at all. We just keeping plugging along and hoping that all will turn out well in the end. It is still a cruise after all. How bad can it truly be. ;).

So are current May cruisers the ones who have been affected by the changes/moves? If so, we should start seeing some reports here if someone gets onboard to find their corner aft is now on the side. That's a situation that would bring people to the internet to complain.

I feel sad for those that lost their prize cabins.

I have an aft for my anniversary cruise in October. Booked more than a year in advance to get a choice cabin. I would be furious if it suddenly was the same number but no longer aft.

I can't see why RCL is not moving on this one:cool:.

So are current May cruisers the ones who have been affected by the changes/moves? If so, we should start seeing some reports here if someone gets onboard to find their corner aft is now on the side. That's a situation that would bring people to the internet to complain.

I believe there have only been 2 completed cruises since the changes, one from Singapore to Sydney, and Sydney to Hawaii. I've not heard any feedback from thise cruises.

Rhapsody is currently in the middle of it's third cruise since the changes, Hawaii to Vancouver, due to arrive in Vancouver on May 11. After that it will start doing 7 day Alaska round trips when I think it's more likely that we will hear some direct feedback.

Archived