Disgusted with RCL and Rhapsody Cabin changes!

I believe there have only been 2 completed cruises since the changes, one from Singapore to Sydney, and Sydney to Hawaii. I've not heard any feedback from thise cruises.

Rhapsody is currently in the middle of it's third cruise since the changes, Hawaii to Vancouver, due to arrive in Vancouver on May 11. After that it will start doing 7 day Alaska round trips when I think it's more likely that we will hear some direct feedback.

Hi there - I actually did the Singapore to Sydney cruise (and have posted a review and a link to some cabin pictures) we had a corner aft js but had been lucky to have been contacted by RCCL Aus to be advised/reassured that whilst our cabin no. had changed the position hadn't - not sure if we were contacted because of a major problem last time or whether the Aus office was just more on the ball - I think it will be interesting to hear once the Alaskan cruise season gets well under way because by the sound of it that is when many may find the change in cabins....

Jane

Hi there - I actually did the Singapore to Sydney cruise (and have posted a review and a link to some cabin pictures) we had a corner aft js but had been lucky to have been contacted by RCCL Aus to be advised/reassured that whilst our cabin no. had changed the position hadn't - not sure if we were contacted because of a major problem last time or whether the Aus office was just more on the ball - I think it will be interesting to hear once the Alaskan cruise season gets well under way because by the sound of it that is when many may find the change in cabins....

Jane

Thanks Jane, now that you mention it, I do remember feedback to the effect that the RCCL AUS office was positively proactive about the cabin renumbering.

Bob

I know a lot of people are considering other cruise lines after reading about this (myself included), however isn't Celebrity Also owned by RCI???:(:confused::(

Yes it is.

Just heard back from Diana Dolphin on our onboard credit. I was advised that RCI will NOT agree to ANY additional OBC for other cruisers affected by the Rhapsody re-numbering.

So there you have it. Rather than RCI being fair, and affording the same offer of $500 to everyone, they are going to cherry pick guests for the higher offer.

Don't worry Ms. Dolphin. I got your message LOUD AND CLEAR. And the message was not "Get out there," it was simply "GET OUT !!!"

Just heard back from Diana Dolphin our our onboard credit. I was advised that RCI will NOT agree to ANY additional OBC for other cruisers affected by the Rhapsody re-numbering.

So there you have it. rather than RCI being fair, and affording the same offer of $500 to everyone, they are going to cherry pick guests for the higher offer.

Don't worry Ms. Dolphin. I got your message LOUD AND CLEAR. And the message was not "Get out there," it was simply "GET OUT !!!"

Wow. (in a bad way)

Just heard back from Diana Dolphin on our onboard credit. I was advised that RCI will NOT agree to ANY additional OBC for other cruisers affected by the Rhapsody re-numbering.

So there you have it. Rather than RCI being fair, and affording the same offer of $500 to everyone, they are going to cherry pick guests for the higher offer.

Wow Bill. Just wow. And you guys are Diamond Plus even. I'm just in utter disbelief.

I look at the other posts in this subforum -- with everybody seemingly so happy to sail and excited about RCI -- and I just can't help but wonder if they've seen and really "processed" this thread. This is about as detailed a testament to bad customer service as they come.

It's unfortunate that it hasn't gotten more traction in the news and external to CC. I think a lot of folks that heard this story would steer clear of RCI.

Bill, I hope somehow you can still manage to have a good time on your final RCI sailing. I hope the Rhapsody crew can somehow make up for Miami's incompetence, although at this point it would take something magical. I'd honestly like to shake your hand for somehow maintaining a level of coolheadedness through this that I haven't really been able to pull off.

Truly hope that RCI learns something from this...but based on everything we've heard, I can't say that I think they will.

This might make a better story for Inside Edition than the recent drinking story.

Hey, Adam G. -- It's time to earn your (presumably) millions of dollars you are paid each year -- Fix this problem now.

Since the cruise line (RCCL) can move any passenger from one cabin and reassign them another, the wiser thing would have been to give the cabin originally booked and paid for PRIOR to the renumbering to the original guest. The newer booked passenger could be told that were given an "upgrade" and moved to a new cabin. Very simple solution.

This way everyone is unhappy and it is leaving a bad taste in the mouth.

MARAPRINCE

This might make a better story for Inside Edition than the recent drinking story.

Hey, Adam G. -- It's time to earn your (presumably) millions of dollars you are paid each year -- Fix this problem now.

I think it is interesting how fast Adam wrote about the Inside Edition program when he felt RCL was done wrong by the media and he did not wait weeks upon weeks to respond to that, yet he is mum when RCL does not do right by its customers.. There seems to be something wrong about that.

I

Thanks Jane, now that you mention it, I do remember feedback to the effect that the RCCL AUS office was positively proactive about the cabin renumbering.

Bob

Although at least one Australian passenger lost her corner aft even after RCI Sydney had contacted her to assure her that she wouldn't.

Unbelievable. I am so sorry that you have been given the royal shaft.

Bill, I feel so bad about this and I bet RCL still does realized the damage they have done which shows just how short sightet and norrow minded RCl can be. or maybe they just do not care which is worse.. I keep shaking my head in disbelief over how bad the whole situation has been handled.

This whole event shows how not to take care of a customer and they had every opportunity to make this situation right and they chose not to. unbelieveable

Stock Holders meeting coming up at the end of May.

We now have two threads running on this, and the mods need to merge them, as I just posted an idea on the other thread, that might just wake up RCI to this situation, and get them to make it right.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1599091

Go towards the end, and look for the big, bold, "I have an idea"

When all else fails, you try to take it public with consumer advocates at Miami TV stations, and I already found two sources for this (see other thread). The rest is up to you.

The take it to TV thing has already been mentioned several times.

The TV stations reports on such problems tend to only want to help people in their viewing markets.

I still hold out hope this can be all worked out. Maybe just maybe a light will come on and the right thing will happen.

Back to the TV markets I would work the network that has had all the reports about the problems on the Brilliance and George Smith , they were on it less than 2 months ago AGAIN.

Get into someones ear at TMZ , I do believe that Harvey who host the show is a lawyer.

I agree, The other story was just biased sensationalism- this story is an travesty committed by RCI on their own customers. I hate to see all the cruise line bashing going on of late, but there are simply no words to describe the disappointment this incident gives me in the Royal Caribbean brand.

I am appalled at their behaviour and and flabbergasted that they are refusing to rectify a problem they created. I will not be booking a cruise with them this year specifically due to this issue. It is very upsetting (and I am not even effected).

I think a lot of cruisers have no idea of what has happened because the title doesn't really alert the reader to what occurred.

Perhaps it would have garnered more attention if it read:

Royal Caribbean takes back my dream corner aft and resells it to another cruiser.

I think it is interesting how fast Adam wrote about the Inside Edition program when he felt RCL was done wrong by the media and he did not wait weeks upon weeks to respond to that, yet he is mum when RCL does not do right by its customers.. There seems to be something wrong about that.

I

speaks volumes..

I am quite disappointed to read this. I can't help but wonder how it would play out on Inside Edition that RCI's position is that people are buying a room number. RCI can then shuffle those numbers around anyway that they please. And just as long as you get the same number it is all good. Yeah, that should play out real well. :rolleyes:

If hubby and I got that note, we'd be out of there in no time, thrilled and over the $300 credit. We're such cheapskates, we could probably make that last the whole cruise!

I think that anyone who can afford to book a corner aft would rather have the view and wraparound balcony then a few hundred dollars (and that only for those who complain). I doubt such a luxury would ever be in my reach. Perhaps, some splurged for a once in a lifetime experience only to have their dream view sold out from under them.

I book regular balconies and it wouldn't make much difference to me if they re-numbered my room and gave me another- but i can totally understand the disappointment of the people affected by this room-switch.

They bought on good faith the cabin with the best views on the ship in a location that is known for spectacular views,

No logic and extremely bad business.

The take it to TV thing has already been mentioned several times.

Then why doesn't someone do it?!!

Oy!!!!

I'm not going to. I have no dog in this fight.

Ya' know, you can lead a horse to water, but....

:rolleyes:

Any changes made after the fact will cost the line a few dollars. It really is all about the bottom line. Cruising has become so popular that this type of problem may become more common since there are so many new customers

that will fill the ships. Hopefully, this will be resolved in a fair manner and your trip will be enjoyable!

Archived