Can Kids Order Off Adult Menu?

We are cruising on FOS May 27th. We have two boys, 9 & 10 years old. I was wondering if they will make them order off a kids menu or if they can order from the same menu we do in the MDR. Our boys have always been great eaters and like to try anything. They are small kids but the traditional smaller portions of kids menus no longer fills them up! Besides, I love watching them try new things and I don't want to squelch that on the cruise!

Absolutely!! In fact, they will probably be given an adult menu, and if you want the children's menu, you'll have to ask for it.

My daughter sometimes orders the soup and the dessert off the children's menu, and the appetizer and entree off the adult menu.

(We sometimes order the ice cream sundae on the children's menu for ourselves!)

We are cruising on FOS May 27th. We have two boys, 9 & 10 years old. I was wondering if they will make them order off a kids menu or if they can order from the same menu we do in the MDR. Our boys have always been great eaters and like to try anything. They are small kids but the traditional smaller portions of kids menus no longer fills them up! Besides, I love watching them try new things and I don't want to squelch that on the cruise!

Absolutely, they can order from the regular menu or you can order from the kids menu, anything goes.:p If something comes with a sauce they don't like, you can have that left off or changed. There is a tortellini dish my son wanted but it came with blue cheese sauce, he had it changed to marinara and all was good.:)

Absolutely - they can order from the adult or kids' menu - or something from each. Oh, and so can you. Hint - the chicken noodle soup on the kids' menu is terrific and the mac and cheese makes a nice side sometimes. They'll even bring out a plate of steamed veggies if you ask since it seems the veggie portions tend to be a bit skimpy.

Our boys have always been great eaters and like to try anything. They are small kids but the traditional smaller portions of kids menus no longer fills them up!

Aww, they sound amazing! They will love all the food options on Freedom. You'll have a fabulous time! Be sure to take them to the Café Promenade for afternoon cookies, and also I'm sure they will love Sorrento's Pizza.

Have fun!

Absolutely!! In fact, they will probably be given an adult menu, and if you want the children's menu, you'll have to ask for it.

:D Yes, that's true and normally older kids (5-11) love getting the "adult" menu first and deciding for themselves if they want to look at a children's menu before making a decision.

My kids love the Adult menu. I find its a wonderful way to expose them to new foods. if they don't like it they will bring them something else.

I think maybe once or twice we have sent back or exchanged cause they didn't like what they got.

Biggest problem is when you get home. Hard to put them back on the kids menu once they have tasted the adult options. DS used to love popcorn shrimp.....until he tried lobster. :-)

My kids love the Adult menu.

Last cruise, son was 14, 90 pounds.

At least two appetizers and two full entres every night.

And what anyone left, he finished.

Definately learned something about eating well and trying all kinds of different foods.

When we walked into the dining room for the first time we were asked if we needed "children" or "teen" menus. My daughter is 16 and my son is 13. We said no, the regular menu was fine. We weren't asked again the rest of the week.

Menu will be similar (not exactly) to this: http://www.cruisegoers.com/mariner/food/menu-and-pictures-day-1/

Point the word "food" near the top to see other days. This web page has great pictures of the foods and actual menus.

While I do not encourage kids (or adults) to waste food, I think a ship is a great time to try something different and unique. If you or the kids order something you don't like, order something else -- in fact, the waiter will likely insist on bringing you something else. Most of the un-ordered food on the ship is thrown out anyway -- sad, but true. My grandkids usually loved the fruit soups. I bet your kids will too. You or your kids are not limited to one entree. I often get two entrees because I want to try both -- like the Duck and the Fillet of Beef (1st formal night). Order as many starters (appetizers) as you want too. Same for desserts. Then go to Cafe Promenade (deck 5) for more dessert. Fun times.

Archived