What's a long wait to you?

Silent Penguin

I was just about ready to add a cruise countown to my signature line, and it got me to wondering what different people consider a long wait between booking their cruise and sailing.

In terms of antipating your next cruise, what constitutes a long wait? The first time I booked us a cruise it was 3 months out. I thought it was an eternity. Ha! While on that first cruise, I booked our second cruise -over 18 months out. Now that, to me, was a long wait!

We booked Alaska about 10 months out and it seemed like forever. Our shortest wait was 72 hours! Booked on Wednesday after lunch for a cruise leaving on Friday!:eek: Right now we're just under 6 months out and it feels like an eternity.:rolleyes:

I book around 2 months in advance. I just booked the Glory June 14th the other day. A long time to me is anything over 60 days. Seeing that countdown on the Carnival website can also be depressing.

A couple of months ago I booked my parents at 4pm Friday, and Saturday they were sipping a DOD. I was booking the cruise, well we were rushing to the airport for them to catch the last flight out of Boston. They forgot so much stuff.

This cruise was booked a little more than 10 months ago (and leaves this Sunday). It was a super long wait. I actually booked this about a month before our Florida vacation last summer! Our previous cruise was booked in November 2008 (election day actually) and we left at the end of February. That was more of a reasonable amount of time.

9 to 14 months for me.

Oddly, I start to feel a little blue, as others have talked about, the last few weeks before the cruise. Maybe because I'm cramming in lots of overtime to make sure there's not a backlog when I get back to work. Or maybe it's the sense that all the planning and anticipation is going to be over soon, and I'll have to wait another year for the next one!

We generally book about a year in advance. This time it seemed like the months were flying by... now we're alittle less than 10 weeks away, and it feels like the days are barely moving. What really sounds nuts is that it's only April 23rd, but 10 weeks from now it's July! Now that doesn't seem possible.

When my DH and I did a B2B sailing on the Carnival Legend, we booked 23 months out: May 2003 for sailing March 2005. We booked that far out in order to get the same cabin. We were in one of the coveted Aft wrap balcony rooms on the Main Deck......Karen

We have worked ourselves up to cruising about three times per year, so whenever the next cruise is more than three or four months away it seems like an eternity. We did a land based vacation for spring break this year so it feels as though the wait between cruises is very long this time! :)

We usually book a cruise as soon as the prices are posted, about 12-14 months out. We learned a long time ago that the earlier you can book, the better. First of all, that's when the prices are usually at their cheapest. Secondly, by making a payment each time we get paid, it spreads out the cost and makes it easier to pay for the cruise. It's fun to have that next cruise booked and to look forward to it, but the long wait can drive you crazy (if you let it).:) Trying to get the lowest price on airfare, well, that's another story.

We usually have 3 or 4 booked at a time. The wait from booking until sailing might be a year or more, but there are often 2 or 3 cruises in between booking and sailing.

Right now we have two weeks booked in July, and Thanksgiving week, and just sailed Christmas week last year. Four weeks in 11 months - not too bad:D

Archived