High diver on allure

When we were on the Mariner recently there was a clip on the ship TV of a diver taking the plunge from about 80 feet into what appears to be a shallow pool on the ship. Has anyone witnessed this , and if so , do you have an idea how deep the water is ?

Yes, it is part of the Aqua Theater show on both Oasis Class ships. I don't know the pool depth, but it is deep. They also have rescue divers under the water with tandom air lines.

This feature is something I'm really looking forward to witnessing on my upcoming Allure cruise...just 39 more days! I love all the reviews but try to skip through any pictures of the aqua theater shows so I can enjoy all of the surprises in person! It has been tough! :D

Yes the ship IS moving and is part of the Aquatheater shows. I believe the pool is about 17 feet deep and is the deepest pool at sea.

What actually makes it interesting is that the floor of the pool gets raised and lowered, sometimes in sections throughout the show. The floor is lowered, creating deep water for divers, and then within seconds it might be raised again to accommodate acrobats who appear to be walking on water. It's really quite something to watch!

I had the last balcony aft on the boardwalk. I got to watch them practice the show from my balcony. I probably saw parts of the show 5-10 times and coudn't stop watching. They're amazing.

This feature is something I'm really looking forward to witnessing on my upcoming Allure cruise...just 39 more days! I love all the reviews but try to skip through any pictures of the aqua theater shows so I can enjoy all of the surprises in person! It has been tough! :D

Ditto here! LOL!

When we were on the Mariner recently there was a clip on the ship TV of a diver taking the plunge from about 80 feet into what appears to be a shallow pool on the ship. Has anyone witnessed this , and if so , do you have an idea how deep the water is ?

I think it is closer to 62 feet, just over 18 meters, but it is still impressive. We had cabin 12329 and the platform they jump from is about even with that deck, and the surface of the pool is basically at deck 5, so they are jumping about 7 decks.

I believe that they stated the pool was 17 or 18 feet deep..

Archived