Just off the EURODAM IN ROME !!

fuzzywuzzy

Hello everyone: I will post a more indepth trip report later but just to say we had a great cruise from FLL to Rome. Arrived here this morning right on time with smooth sailing all the way except maybe for one day last week on the ocean when we had grey skies/rain/and large swells. But after a day, the ocean calmed down and it was lovely but cloudy until we reached the Mediterranean where it was warmer and calmer seas.

It has been CLEAR blue skies the last number of days and today in Rome it must have reached at least 26C !! Quite hot but no humidity.

Ship was on Code Red for the last number of days !! You know what that means all you experienced cruisers. The crew had to serve EVERYTHING. No more nice hand towels in the public washrooms, etc.

LOVED the Eurodam!! A beautiful ship!! Gorgeous flower arrangements and orchids. Crew/staff are awesome and ship is immaculate. Food was delicious and plentiful. Now we are wearing it off walking around Rome !! What a city !! OMG. I'm overwhelmed but also amazed. Our first time. Weather is gorgeous. The last few days have been beautiful in the Mediterranean. Very calm sea and lovely temperatures.

We are staying at the Hotel Gambrinus in Rome - lovely room. More on that later too.

Thanks for your report - and I know on a transatlantic that code RED is no fun:eek: Glad you enjoyed it just the same and looking forward to hearing more:)

I forgot to mention that I did not notice any major vibrations on the Eurodam - just maybe a few times when in bed but then suddenly it disappeared again. Nothing to be too concerned about. We did have our cabin midship on the 5th floor but I still didn't notice any noticeable vibrations elsewhere either.

Just got in late last night from Rome... I concur with all that fuzzywuzzy said, but did notice the swells a little more as we were in a corner aft suite. The vibrations were there on occasion, but nothing major.

We had a wonderful Meet & Greet! We also participated in a CC Slot Pull and the Cabin Crawl. Eurodam is gorgeous - great crew- fabulous Tai Chai Instructor, Ross - Good food - overall a wonderful trip - and the MOST gorgeous floral arrangements ever!!

Will post a review later today - but wanted to let all know that the Eurodam is doing well!:)

Thank you for your report! We are boarding next week on the 4 May sailing out of Civitavecchia!

Forgive me as I'm not as experienced as some of you...what is a Code Red? :confused:

Code Red is when there are too many sick people on board (usually NORO) to prevent the spread - there are quarantine measure put in place. everything is served - no salt and pepper shakers (packets instead), etc.

hot tubs, pools etc are often closed - it doesn't ruin the cruise but it isn't something any of us look forward to:eek:

Archived