Did we get a bargain

We recently booked a guarantee inside on Liberty of Seas out of BCN..

Immediately our cabin was assigned, and we were given a Promenade Cabin on Deck 6

Is this good? Did we get a good deal for Guarantee inside or is this standard?

Anyone got this before and what is a promenade(communicating) cabin ?

Sorry about all questions :)

Cheers

Do you mean "connecting"? That's a cabin that connects to another via a connecting doorway inside the room. If you don't need the connecting door, it remains locked. It's just like a hotel room with connecting rooms.

assuming this is the 5/28 cruise in your signature, I took a glance at the available PR's. all available ones are connecting on the site I checked, but the door will be locked, of course.

Deck six is convenient. Noise level depends upon what is below you. If you are over a gift shop, great. if you are over a nightclub, you may hear the music on your cabin should you retire early. Take a look at the deck plans. there are available PR cabins on deck 8...RCL sows not have to let you switch, but they usually will allow you to switch to a different cabin in the exact same category. If you post your current cabin number, people will chime in whether a better choice is available.

Jeepers, I meant connecting, not communicating......sorry (dawwww)

Thanks folks, nice to know we are at top of list for guarantee inside. We seem to have been placed over the hoof and claw (what a name) pub however, I wonder if you sit at your window can you see and hear all the festivities if you were too lazy to actually go down there?

Would it be better to have a cabin on the 8th deck, so no one can see in?

Yes, you can look out the window and see the festivities. You need to remember to keep your curtains closed when you are in the room otherwise the people across the way and the people in the promenade will be able to see into your cabin. (Even on deck 8, the people across can see in)

I would look and see if there is a cabin above a more quiet spot than the pub, or look at what's available on deck 8. Then call (or have your travel agent call, if you used one) and switch. Deck 8 should be quieter than deck 6 and closer to the pool and buffet deck. But, as another poster said, deck 6 is our preferred location because it is a quick flight down to the promenade and the evening dining and entertainment venues

If you plan to be out partying late, you may be happy with your assigned cabin. But if any of you turn in any earlier, you may not like the noise. I only saw one other PR on six...it was down by guest services...not much to see, IIRC. I would change to deck 8 rather than stay over the pub. You'd still need to close the curtains or others can see in. Still, I think the PR is better than an ordinary inside, IMHO.

Deck 8 is quieter BUT you can't look straight out the window, the windows lean down so you have to look down to see anything. Wish I had a picture to explain. I loved my deck 6 promenade, no issue with noise but we were not above the pub. For parade watching & 70's Dance Party deck 6 is wonderful!

BonVoyage

Dawna

We had a Prom cabin on the FOS on deck 6. We loved it and actually booked the same cabin on the next cruise. We did not think it was noisy at all. When they had the parades, you could barely hear any noise. It was nice being able to sit and watch the parades. Just remember to close the curtains when changing or whatever.

Also, our cabin was a connecting and could not hear any noise from next door.

We have our first deck 6 promenade cabin booked for our next cruise and I'm very excited about trying something new. I love being where all the action is.

To answer the original question and quote a movie at the same time, "That'll do pig, that'll do". You did great! You got the best category for your guarantee. I also think deck 6 is a good location and better than 8 because it's a quick single flight down the stairs, it's close for a good view, and deck 6 windows aren't those weird "I'm falling" windows that tilt down like deck 8. From the promenade looking up, you can't see much past a foot or two into the room, from what I remember. Most had their curtains open and I couldn't see anything. In fact, my husband and I were laughing about taking some funny cutouts and taping them in the window everyday...like have a Justin Bieber one day, a Dr. Evil with his pinkie finger in the corner of his mouth the next day...see if anyone would even notice. :cool:

We had a Prom cabin on the FOS on deck 6. We loved it and actually booked the same cabin on the next cruise. We did not think it was noisy at all. When they had the parades, you could barely hear any noise. It was nice being able to sit and watch the parades. Just remember to close the curtains when changing or whatever.

Also, our cabin was a connecting and could not hear any noise from next door.

were you over the pub? If not, that may be the resin it was quiet. If so, may be you were in the pub (or elsewhere) having fun during the busy pub drinking and music festivities? I would love deck six PR, but would not want to be over the pub.

were you over the pub? If not, that may be the resin it was quiet. If so, may be you were in the pub (or elsewhere) having fun during the busy pub drinking and music festivities? I would love deck six PR, but would not want to be over the pub.

I have had a promenade room above the pub. It was on Adventure not Liberty and we got it as a GTY . The relative position is the same.

I didn't even think about changing I was just happy to go on a cruise. It was a really good price.

It was a little noisy just during the evening, but apart from one evening when we noticed the singer and the last night parade when I should just have gone down to watch instead of packing, it was not really a bother. The tv would have covered it.

Now as to the snoring of the man in the next room. I thought of recommending a good ENT consultant.

I went on to get PR rooms last year, I did avoid the pub because I had a choice, but if that was what we got on a GTY I would still be perfectly happy.

Change if you can, but if you cannot I am sure it will not spoil your wonderful cruise.

Hi could someone in uk tell us how to see which cabins are left ? We have been given a cabin on deck seven for our cruise on 8th May on the Liberty of the sea but was wondering if there was any chance of moving to a balcony if they had some left for a little extra?

We were actually in cabin 6295 and I believe the pub was across the promanade from us. The perfume shop was below us.

.....From the promenade looking up, you can't see much past a foot or two into the room, from what I remember. Most had their curtains open and I couldn't see anything. In fact, my husband and I were laughing about taking some funny cutouts and taping them in the window everyday...like have a Justin Bieber one day, a Dr. Evil with his pinkie finger in the corner of his mouth the next day...see if anyone would even notice. :cool:

From the cabin across the prom, you can see directly into the room.:eek:

Hi could someone in uk tell us how to see which cabins are left ? We have been given a cabin on deck seven for our cruise on 8th May on the Liberty of the sea but was wondering if there was any chance of moving to a balcony if they had some left for a little extra?

There are THREE balcony cabins available on the entire ship. They are category D1.

Archived