Any benefit to being a C&A member with only 2 cruises?

You answered my question I was going to post :D How long does it take to pass through the security part?

Getting through security is dependent upon the facility you are departing from, the number of people in line, etc., so it's difficult to say. It could take 10 minutes or an hour.

I am a new C&A member too! I have only reached Gold status. I wonder.. when do you rec. the savings booklet. I have a cruise booked for this Sept on the Allure. Do they mail it to you before the cruise? Or is it waiting for you in your cabin? What kind of savings can I look forward to? Last question.. The welcome back cocktail party, is it for all C&A members or do they divide the parties btw Gold/Platinum/etc?

Thank You

I am a new C&A member too! I have only reached Gold status. I wonder.. when do you rec. the savings booklet. I have a cruise booked for this Sept on the Allure. Do they mail it to you before the cruise? Or is it waiting for you in your cabin? What kind of savings can I look forward to? Last question.. The welcome back cocktail party, is it for all C&A members or do they divide the parties btw Gold/Platinum/etc?

Thank You

If you go to the royal caribbean website and click on the crown and anchor section and login you can have a look at the savings certificates...sometimes I get emails from them, but not always so its best to login and have a look for yourself

I completely forgot that there were savings certificates and I booked last week! I wonder if I can still apply the certificate if I call my TA? My TA charges $25 or any changes after booking so it might be a small savings.

Not necessarily. I believe there's some minimum number of days (7?) for the party. I didn't get it on my 4-day Jewel cruise (just the coupon book), but in any case I can't see any downside to signing them up. Who knows, they could want to be D+ when they grow up and you'd be giving them a head start.

Roy

My husband and I joke about that all the time. Do we want to try other lines, or invest in taking RCI cruises to give our future kids (G-d willing) a shot at D+?

The coupon booklet should be in your cabin. If not, then go down to guest relations, and they'll give you one.

I completely forgot that there were savings certificates and I booked last week! I wonder if I can still apply the certificate if I call my TA? My TA charges $25 or any changes after booking so it might be a small savings.

Applying a coupon should NOT be a change.

If it is, FIND A NEW TRAVEL AGENT.

JMO, of course. :)

Thank You

You will find your savings coupon book in your cabin. It should be on the desk in your cabin. There will be coupons for buy 1 get 1 free drinks, drinks discounts, onboard shopping discounts, and some free internet use on the ship (it's not much though). You will also have an invitation to the welcome back party in your cabin also. It is for all C&A members and no they do not divide you up by your level.

• 2 weeks later...
You will find your savings coupon book in your cabin. It should be on the desk in your cabin. There will be coupons for buy 1 get 1 free drinks, drinks discounts, onboard shopping discounts, and some free internet use on the ship (it's not much though). You will also have an invitation to the welcome back party in your cabin also. It is for all C&A members and no they do not divide you up by your level.

When we were on FOS in January 2012, there was a cocktail reception earlier in the week for all C&A members. Later in the week there was another that platinum and up were invited to. We were not, being gold members.

Dad and I will be going on cruise in just over a couple of weeks. I'm a C&A Gold member and my Dad hasn't never cruised before.

Can we both still go through the C&A members check-in? Saying that, I think I've booked assistance at the port.:)

Dad and I will be going on cruise in just over a couple of weeks. I'm a C&A Gold member and my Dad hasn't never cruised before.

Can we both still go through the C&A members check-in? Saying that, I think I've booked assistance at the port.:)

Yes, you should be able to check-in together.

Also, you may want to look into the Bring A Friend promo:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/BringaFriend

It is a new benefit for Gold Members. It should be on your documents so long as you are C&A members.

Where is this in our cruise docs? I couldn't find any info besides there being special check-in for Platinum or higher levels. Maybe because we are going out of the port of Barcelona -- different terminal set-up?? Or I could just be looking in the wrong place :confused:

There's no cost to register in Crown and Anchor, so I've never seen any downside to doing it, even if you're not sure you're ever going to use it in future.

For me, the best benefit of being a Gold member is the savings certificates on the website for certain sailings. I got $125 off my second cruise and will get $125 off my third one.

I just booked our second RCI cruise. I looked at the savings certificates and none of them were for our sailing. How often do they change the certificates? If one shows up for our October sailing, can I get it applied? Does everyone get the same certificates or do D or D+ pax get better or more certificates?

Thanks!

~Denise

By joining C&A you can expect to be invited to a welcome back party, get a Gold member coupon book with some discounts, and you will be a bit closer to the next level of membership with even more perks.As you advance to higher and higher tiers you will receive more valuable benefits, so joining now may seem like just a little step, but it is actually the first step towards some pretty good benefits.

When or how do we receive the 'coupon book?' thanks!

I just booked our second RCI cruise. I looked at the savings certificates and none of them were for our sailing. How often do they change the certificates? If one shows up for our October sailing, can I get it applied? Does everyone get the same certificates or do D or D+ pax get better or more certificates?

Thanks!

~Denise

Certificates change every quarter, so the next ones will come out a few days after July 1. You can apply them to booked cruises. The sailings for which the certificates can be applied are the same for all levels, however there is a difference in the amount of the certificate based on C&A level.

When or how do we receive the 'coupon book?' thanks!

The coupon book is automatically delivered to your stateroom, and should be there when you board or shortly after.

Certificates change every quarter, so the next ones will come out a few days after July 1. You can apply them to booked cruises. The sailings for which the certificates can be applied are the same for all levels, however there is a difference in the amount of the certificate based on C&A level.

Thanks very much for the fast reply!

~Denise

• 7 months later...
That is incorrect. If you live with your girlfriend, AFTER her first cruise, you can link accounts together just the same as husband/wife. She will then have the same "status" as you. So, as the two of you continue to cruise together you will both have the same status. The only reason you cannot do it right now is because she has not taken a cruise yet. It is not because you're not married.

I lived with my late "boyfriend" for 15 years. We had our own reasons not to marry.

I have lived with my current boyfriend for 3 years. He has been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises and he carries my platinum status--and will move to Emerald when I do after our next cruise.

Thank you for this civil reply! Unlike some of the others. This was exactly the info I was looking for. I'm a gold barely but my bf of 11.5 years (whom I live with) is going to be his first RCCL cruise. Was wondering if I could link him up with my acct after we return. And we also have our own reasons why we're not married.

Hi We booked our second cruise and then registered with the C & A - as the booking was in my Husbands name I assumed i was also a member which was wrong - I went on the Fequently asked questions on their website and a live chat box came up asking if I needed help I asked about C & A and they passed me to them, who told me I wasn't automatically added with my DH, she asked for booking ref and added me, then in the post we got a letter each welcoming us and £35 off our next cruise each, which we redeemed with our TA !

I got a question... I will advance to the next level before my wife does. On the next cruise I will advance, my wife will not. This will be the first cruise for my kids. Will our children be at my level or my wifes?

You and your wife should be at the same level. If not, call C&A and have them link you. If your children are under 18, they should also be at the same level, but they may have to cruise first. Mention your children to C&A also.

Archived