Any benefit to being a C&A member with only 2 cruises?

I just registered with the Crown and Anchor Society, and linked my other half with it (I presume he is now a member too), and was wondering if there was any point in actually doing it. We have only been on one RCI cruise, with another booked, so we are only gold members. Besides the little coupon book I know about, what does this get us, if anything?

Also, it there any point in registering my kids on this? This will likely be their last cruise with us, but us two may still cruise in the future.

Thanks,

littlesteelo :)

I just registered with the Crown and Anchor Society, and linked my other half with it (I presume he is now a member too), and was wondering if there was any point in actually doing it. We have only been on one RCI cruise, with another booked, so we are only gold members. Besides the little coupon book I know about, what does this get us, if anything?

Also, it there any point in registering my kids on this? This will likely be their last cruise with us, but us two may still cruise in the future.

Thanks,

There are C&A discount coupons available to Gold Members that can reduce the cost of a cruise.

There's no cost to register in Crown and Anchor, so I've never seen any downside to doing it, even if you're not sure you're ever going to use it in future.

For me, the best benefit of being a Gold member is the savings certificates on the website for certain sailings. I got $125 off my second cruise and will get $125 off my third one.

I tried to link my girl friend to my crown and anchor account and it wouldn't work. Said I couldn't link another adult to my account. She lives with me but we aren't married. This coming cruise will be her first and my second so Im a gold and she is nothing yet.

Thanks,

Just because you are an infrequent cruiser to date, as mentioned before, there is no cost or downside to joining. I definately would sign up unless you never expect to cruise again. Somehow I doubt that will be the case - either for you or your children as they get older. In our case we obviously have cruised frequently, but we signed our kids up when they first started cruising with us and now as young adults in their twenties, they are diamond members - and have been for several years. You never know........

I tried to link my girl friend to my crown and anchor account and it wouldn't work. Said I couldn't link another adult to my account. She lives with me but we aren't married. This coming cruise will be her first and my second so Im a gold and she is nothing yet.

ok, what does that have to do with anything?

Really? What did you expect? Just because she is your girlfriend doesn't entitle her to share in your cruise benefits. She should have her own account which will have its own value. And you can link another adult to your account as long as they are your wife or husband or children.

There is a resolution to that little dilemma - Marry her.

By joining C&A you can expect to be invited to a welcome back party, get a Gold member coupon book with some discounts, and you will be a bit closer to the next level of membership with even more perks.As you advance to higher and higher tiers you will receive more valuable benefits, so joining now may seem like just a little step, but it is actually the first step towards some pretty good benefits.

By joining C&A you can expect to be invited to a welcome back party, get a Gold member coupon book with some discounts, and you will be a bit closer to the next level of membership with even more perks.As you advance to higher and higher tiers you will receive more valuable benefits, so joining now may seem like just a little step, but it is actually the first step towards some pretty good benefits.

Not necessarily. I believe there's some minimum number of days (7?) for the party. I didn't get it on my 4-day Jewel cruise (just the coupon book), but in any case I can't see any downside to signing them up. Who knows, they could want to be D+ when they grow up and you'd be giving them a head start.

Roy

Gold C&A benefits:

1.Dedicated Gold C&A check in area in terminal

2. Gold Coupon books

3.C&A Saving Certificates for future cruises

4.Returning guest function during cruise (complimentary drinks and food)

5.Exclusive onboard booking bonus (book future cruise onboard)

6.Double cruise points for booking suite accomodations

7.Same member status as the parent after childs first completed cruise

There are also other special offers that you will receive in the mail and online.

And it's free to sign up. :)

Gold C&A benefits:

1.Dedicated Gold C&A check in area in terminal

2. Gold Coupon books

3.C&A Saving Certificates for future cruises

4.Returning guest function during cruise (complimentary drinks and food)

5.Exclusive onboard booking bonus (book future cruise onboard)

6.Double cruise points for booking suite accomodations

7.Same member status as the parent after childs first completed cruise

There are also other special offers that you will receive in the mail and online.

And it's free to sign up. :)

Hurrah for the dedicated Gold C&A check-in--we got onto Freedom within 12 minutes of passing through security at the cruise terminal!!! Definitely worth joining.

We are gold members and our children got special gifts delivered to them in our cabin. My brother's younger kids got some type of Crayola markers/drawing package and my older children got a Royal Caribbean bag.

As others have said, it's free!

Hurrah for the dedicated Gold C&A check-in--we got onto Freedom within 12 minutes of passing through security at the cruise terminal!!! Definitely worth joining.

Its the choice that counts. We are Diamond now and on our last cruise, we were able to walk right up to the counter to check in while the regular line was pretty long. Our friends who are D+ checked in a little later and the regular line was shorter. You never know -- but it is great to have the option.

To OP, the benefits may not be that great for Gold, but if you ever hope to be at a higher level, you have to sign up eventually.

Really? What did you expect? Just because she is your girlfriend doesn't entitle her to share in your cruise benefits. She should have her own account which will have its own value. And you can link another adult to your account as long as they are your wife or husband or children.

There is a resolution to that little dilemma - Marry her.

You can't register her because she has not cruised with Royal Caribbean yet. You become eligible to join the Crown & Anchor Society AFTER you complete your first cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Yes as the others have said no cost and benefits. I just recently booked my 2nd RC cruise and was able to use the C & A savings cert. on top of a really great senior rate! Join by all means! At times I've received coupons in the mail as well.

You answered my question I was going to post :D How long does it take to pass through the security part?

Do both husband and wife join or is one account all that is needed?

Hi

I would join up everyone in your family it doesn't cost anything and then everyone will be gaining points. And that would be great for your children if they choose to cruise on their own when they are older.My 14yr old will be Emerald after our next cruise.:) Like everyone said it is Free to join so it can't hurt:)

Do both husband and wife join or is one account all that is needed?

Hi

I would join up everyone in your family it doesn't cost anything and then everyone will be gaining points. And that would be great for your children if they choose to cruise on their own when they are older.My 14yr old will be Emerald after our next cruise.:) Like everyone said it is Free to join so it can't hurt:)

And... if both of you join, will get two Ultimate Value booklets in your cabin.

That is incorrect. If you live with your girlfriend, AFTER her first cruise, you can link accounts together just the same as husband/wife. She will then have the same "status" as you. So, as the two of you continue to cruise together you will both have the same status. The only reason you cannot do it right now is because she has not taken a cruise yet. It is not because you're not married.

I lived with my late "boyfriend" for 15 years. We had our own reasons not to marry.

I have lived with my current boyfriend for 3 years. He has been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises and he carries my platinum status--and will move to Emerald when I do after our next cruise.

I didn't know there was a check in area for C&A Gold members. Does this mean we don't have to stand in the really long line? :)

Do we have to bring proof of membership, or will that show up on our papers when I print them?

It is a new benefit for Gold Members. It should be on your documents so long as you are C&A members.

Archived