"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / May 11, 2012

Here are the last few for today. More pics tomorrow. Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

The different shades of blue are amazing. . .

D33.JPG

This is the lagoon view from the top of the cliffs. . .

D31.JPG

This one one of the views on the way to Flatts Villiage

D52.JPG

Flatts Village should be in every ad for Bermuda. . .It is so beautiful here

D53.JPG

The Beach was beautiful at Elbow Beach resort

D47.JPG

We make it back to our home for one last night in Bermuda

D82.JPG

Radio, looks like not very many people made it to the Elbow beach or Warwick beach.

That's the same way it was last week when we visited Bermuda.

The water temp was too cold to swim, but a few brave people got in.

Your pictures say it all, Bermuda is so breath taking, the ocean in so many shades of blue and the whole island is so clean. Can't wait to go back in the warm weather so that we can enjoy the beautiful beaches of Bermuda.

Have a safe trip home..

Enjoy your last day at sea!!

Radio it is so great to have another one of your LIVE cruise reports.I have been looking forward to this one since we go to Bermuda in Oct fot 3 nights on Explorer out of NJ. You should look into that one since you want to do 3 nights. Pat

Radio - if you have any spare time left - can you check and see what the future cruise people know about the Baltimore schedule for next year? I've been patiently waiting for RCL to post the schedules, and I'm still waiting.

I want to book while I'm on Enchantment in a few weeks.

Awesome pictures. We are doing Bermuda for the first time - and the preview has been great.

Ahhh, I am just catching up with this review - thank you so much for taking time to post for us!

We were on Enchantment last month (April 7th sailing) and your photos are making me wish my tush was planted in my favorite chair in the Solarium! I think your first photo of that pool was taken from the exact spot, LOL. :cool::D

Enjoy the rest of the trip!!

Ahhh, I am just catching up with this review - thank you so much for taking time to post for us!

We were on Enchantment last month (April 7th sailing) and your photos are making me wish my tush was planted in my favorite chair in the Solarium! I think your first photo of that pool was taken from the exact spot, LOL. :cool::D

Enjoy the rest of the trip!!

We enjoyed the dinner menu very much,did anyone try the escargot?;)

-JH

Hello everyone. . .We left the Pier at Kings Wharf at 12 Noon. We are heading back to Baltimore and are scheduled for a 7AM arrival on Thursday.

I am not very happy to be leaving Bermuda, but I am glad to say that I had a wonderful time with my friends and family. I keep saying that I would like to come back and stay a week or so to this beautiful island, but it never seems to happen.

I am thinking of booking my next Bermuda Cruise while on board, and the Future Cruise Consultant has suggested that Grandeur of the Seas will be sailing from Baltimore to Bermuda for 7 Night Cruises next Summer.

We still have a lot of cruise left, and I still have 2 more nights of relaxation.

I have several tours scheduled today and tomorrow, and there are still a lot of activities that have been planned by the Enchantment of the Seas activities crew.

We have a formal night again tonight, and I will try to make it to the Production show that will be held later. The Love and Marriage Game Show is tonight as well. . .I will try to make it to one of them.

Here are a few pictures from today. . .I will try to get a few more up tonight. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Some last minute Cruise Passengers head back to the dockyard on the SeaExpress Ferry

E16.JPG

We have a final view of the Dockyard just minutes before Sail away

E14.JPG

The dock workers are waiting for the word to release the ropes. . .

E17.JPG

Enchantment of the Seas pulls away from the Pier slowly

E22.JPG

We pass by Norwegian Dawn as we begin to leave.

E23.JPG

So Long Bermuda. .. I’m sure our paths will cross again. . .

E24.JPG

Thanks! It is nice that these longer Bermuda cruises allow for a few days at the port! On our cruise last May we stopped on the way back from the eastern Caribbean and the 9 or so hours just weren't enough! We will go back this fall though!

Hello everyone. . .We left the Pier at Kings Wharf at 12 Noon. We are heading back to Baltimore and are scheduled for a 7AM arrival on Thursday.

I am thinking of booking my next Bermuda Cruise while on board, and the Future Cruise Consultant has suggested that Grandeur of the Seas will be sailing from Baltimore to Bermuda for 7 Night Cruises next Summer.

We still have a lot of cruise left, and I still have 2 more nights of relaxation.

I have several tours scheduled today and tomorrow, and there are still a lot of activities that have been planned by the Enchantment of the Seas activities crew.

I know this has been rumored but I think this is the first "official" word of that. I just hope the Grandeur has nearly as good a crew as Enchantment.

Thanks

Roy

Radio - if you have any spare time left - can you check and see what the future cruise people know about the Baltimore schedule for next year? I've been patiently waiting for RCL to post the schedules, and I'm still waiting.

I want to book while I'm on Enchantment in a few weeks.

I know this has been rumored but I think this is the first "official" word of that. I just hope the Grandeur has nearly as good a crew as Enchantment.

From the link posted in this thread, we have learned this:

Grandeur of the Seas returns to Baltimore, Md. on May 3, 2013 to take over for Enchantment of the Seas, currently deployed in Baltimore through early April 2013. Grandeur of the Seas was Royal Caribbean’s first ship deployed in Baltimore from 2004-09, and is currently undergoing an extensive revitalization to deliver a host of new dining venues – including six new specialty dining choices, technological upgrades and new entertainment features, as well as a refresh of all furniture, carpet, upholstery and staterooms. Families with toddlers can take advantage of the newly installed Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, which cater to the cruise line’s youngest guests, age 6 to 36 months. Guests also will enjoy an oversized LED video screen offering entertainment as guests lounge by the pool, and take in a new high-flying experience, where aerialists glide through the ship’s five-story atrium.

Throughout the year, vacationers can choose among a variety of itineraries to Bermuda, Bahamas, and the Eastern and Western Caribbean. In the summer, the itineraries will alternate between seven-night Bermuda sailings, featuring a two-night call at Kings Wharf, and seven-night sailings to the Bahamas, calling at Port Canaveral, Fla.; Nassau, Bahamas; and CocoCay, Royal Caribbean’s private island paradise in the Bahamas. In autumn, Grandeur of the Seas will alternate between six-night Bermuda and eight-night Canada and New England sailings. The winter season will consist of rotating 10-night sailings to the Eastern and Western Caribbean as well as eight-night sailings to the Bahamas. These sailings will open for sale on Thursday, May 17, 2013.

ETA: As for Enchantment:

Enchantment of the Seas arrives at Port Canaveral on the heels of the transfer of Monarch of the Seas to Royal Caribbean’s sister cruise line Pullmantur. Starting Apr. 13 2013, Enchantment of the Seas offers a 12-night Southern Caribbean sailing from Baltimore to Port Canaveral before inaugurating her year-round service, sailing three- and four-night Bahamas itineraries from the port starting April 25. Enchantment of the Seas also is scheduled to be revitalized in Dec. 2012, to offer guests more onboard amenities and refreshed spaces for a rejuvenating Bahamian getaway.

Theron

Yeah, I feel your pain Radio,

Leaving beautiful Bermuda stinks..

We said the same thing when leaving Bermuda, we need to stay longer.

Radio, are they serving escargot on the Enchantment??

For some reason they did not serve it while on the 5 day cruise on the Explorer last week.

Have a great evening!!!

Radio, thanks so much for the info you have been providing about your trip and while you were in Bermuda. It gives me lots of ideas when I do this same cruise in a couple of months. I see you will have two formal nights. Can you give me the times for the theater shows so I can plan MTD? I appreciate you taking time to answer everyone's questions and sharing your trip with all of us.

Thanks.

Does any one know if they have the Quest on the Enchantment? I am cruising on her June 8th and would love for my daughter to see this game show, I always have so much fun at it.

Yes, at least for the times I have been on it.

Yeah, I feel your pain Radio,

Leaving beautiful Bermuda stinks..

We said the same thing when leaving Bermuda, we need to stay longer.

Radio, are they serving escargot on the Enchantment??

For some reason they did not serve it while on the 5 day cruise on the Explorer last week.

Have a great evening!!!

no snails....can't get them...they've been replaced with bay scallops in a similar garlic sauce.....the people that ordered them enjoyed but missed the snails......

Does any one know if they have the Quest on the Enchantment? I am cruising on her June 8th and would love for my daughter to see this game show, I always have so much fun at it.

yes......in fact it was last night.......

Radio, thanks so much for the info you have been providing about your trip and while you were in Bermuda. It gives me lots of ideas when I do this same cruise in a couple of months. I see you will have two formal nights. Can you give me the times for the theater shows so I can plan MTD? I appreciate you taking time to answer everyone's questions and sharing your trip with all of us.

Thanks.

the shows depend on the day..sometimes 7:15, 7:30....some are later..

we were able to see the shows eating dinner at 6...however, i did not really go to any shows....we were too busy......:D

hope that helps..

Radio, Do they only do one show a night in the main theater??? I guess I thought they would have two different show times to accommodate both early and late diners.

most of them are 2 shows per night, except for the 1st night, last night and there was one other show...i think the CD did a neil diamond tribute..that only had 1 show....but it was late....VERY late...10:45--i know as my room is above the theatre...

most of them are 2 shows per night, except for the 1st night, last night and there was one other show...i think the CD did a neil diamond tribute..that only had 1 show....but it was late....VERY late...10:45--i know as my room is above the theatre...

Meg, go and enjoy the rest of your cruise!!! ......and please have a foofoo drink for me!!!

Patty

Radio,

I am taking the same 6 night cruise on the Enchantment on 25 May. I have been looking forward to it. But seeing your beautiful pictures and reading your daily reports - now I am really EXCITED. :D

This is my first official cruise - my days on a Navy destroyer dont count.

Archived