"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / May 11, 2012

Grandeur going to drydock and then it is rumored to come to Baltimore next April. The last cruise listed for Enchantment in Baltimore is a 12 night leaving April 1st.

I'll place my bet on the Jewel coming to Baltimore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Radio for the great photos! The sunrise pics are beautiful!

If possible could you get a photo of the bungee trampoline? A friend will be doing the Bermuda itinerary later this month and promised me she would do the bungee trampoline.

Enjoy your cruise... even more than we are!:D

Thanks for the info Eng 23!

Is the Monarch going out of service?

Glad to hear the Grandeur is still afloat as well!

Cheryl

Monarch of the Seas is leaving the Royal Caribbean fleet. Monarch's last cruise is March 29th 2013. Monarch is being sold to Pullmantur Cruiselines. This is the same cruiseline that the Sovereign of the Seas went to, Pullmantur is a subsidiary company of Royal Caribbean International.

Monarch of the Seas is leaving the Royal Caribbean fleet. Monarch's last cruise is March 29th 2013. Monarch is being sold to Pullmantur Cruiselines. This is the same cruiseline that the Sovereign of the Seas went to, Pullmantur is a subsidiary company of Royal Caribbean International.

Thanks! I learn something new every day!!!! Will Majesty be with us for a while or is she leaving as well?

Cheryl

Hello everyone. . .I stayed up a little later tonight than I usually do because I took a little nap earlier before dinner.(or you could say I was watching the "news") The Captains Gala Event was tonight in the Starlight Lounge. The Captain spoke a little and was able to introduce all of his Senior Staff. I like that Captain “Anders” has a witty sense of humor. The best quote tonight was “ When I am finished here, I need to get up to the Bridge to look for Bermuda in Mapquest”. The Passengers love his sense of humor as well. . .

We had a nice dinner, and we decided to catch some of the show before heading up to the Cigar Bar in the Viking Crown Lounge at 10PM. We hung out there for a little while listening to the Party Music with DJ Dan (They were in the Forward section of the VCL)

Here are a few pics form tonight. . . There will be lots more tomorrow !

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . .

Radio

Portrait and Family photos were being taken all over the Ship tonight

B21.JPG

The Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers were the stars in the Orpheum Theater Tonight.

B24.JPG

They were very talented. . .

B25.JPG

The Viking Crown Lounge tonight, just before the crowds came in. . .

B28.JPG

The view aft from atop at the Viking Crown Lounge (Deck 11)

B29.JPG

A view form Deck 9 of the Viking Crown Lounge

B30.JPG

Once again the sea called and I had to book!!! Love reading each report and glad you got to watch the news. My hubby likes that....said he was reading the news in his chair earlier..lol

thanks so much for taking time out for this....have fun with the gang....Hi to Meg!!!!

Thanks Radio for the great photos! The sunrise pics are beautiful!

If possible could you get a photo of the bungee trampoline? A friend will be doing the Bermuda itinerary later this month and promised me she would do the bungee trampoline.

Enjoy your cruise... even more than we are!:D

Yes, I will try. . . .The Jump Zone opens today. I will try to to get a few pics.

Radio

;);)

Is there any way you could find out if they plan to stay in Newport longer on the next cruise cruise. Apparently they stayed longer on the last cruise (due to tendering taking longer than expected) so the ship sailed at 8 pm instead of 6 pm. No time change has been indicated on the website so I'm wondering if they will need to stay longer in Newport for all cruises. Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. I'm enjoying your reports.

Radio, your beautiful pictures are getting me antsy. Our next cruise isn't until Jan :eek: The more I see of the Centrum on Vision and Radiance class ships the more I wish one would homeport in Galveston. I love meandering around the Voyager class Promanade, people watching, etc. but to me there's nothing like SEEING the sea after I answer the call royally ;), especially when booking inside cabins. My favorite port is Bermuda. Enjoy every moment, and, thanks for letting us tune in.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :D

Hey Radio - if you or one of the others get a chance, could you try to find out how late in Sep they will be offering Harbor Nights on Wednesday in Hamilton? I've seen comments that the last one is Sep 5, but I've also seen comments that it goes through Sep.

Thanks.

Carol

Thanks for posting this LIVE review. Really enjoying it. I will be on the Enchantment on 7/12.

The photo of the Centrum is really impressive. I love the fact that there are wall-length windows throughout the space. The only other RCI ship I have been on is the Adventure of the Seas which seemed very inward focused and lacked the great sea views (if I remember correctly!). My husband and I also like cruising NCL, but unforunately, they seem to offer ships that are focused on what is INSIDE instead of the water. This Centrum reminds me of the oceanviews and glass elevators on the Celebrity Millennium class ships - my favorites! Excited to sail on this older ship because it's more connected to the water.

thanks, AJ

Is there any way you could find out if they plan to stay in Newport longer on the next cruise cruise. Apparently they stayed longer on the last cruise (due to tendering taking longer than expected) so the ship sailed at 8 pm instead of 6 pm. No time change has been indicated on the website so I'm wondering if they will need to stay longer in Newport for all cruises. Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. I'm enjoying your reports.

The Captain will make that call. There are factors, including weather, arriving late, etc that determine if they need to or can stay longer. We were in Key West an extra hour in March on EN because we arrived late. We arrived late because we were on an altered itinerary and we had to wait for two other ships to leave. We have only stayed late out of our 11 cruises in two ports. Once in Key West and once in Labadee. They normally don't alter every itinerary just because they did it once in a port.

Radio, you're having great weather. Have a wonderful time!

Good morning Radio, can u see what the weather is for May 20-21..I hear rain and lots of it....is it like the Caribbean where you got an hour or two than back to sun?

Hey Radio - if you or one of the others get a chance, could you try to find out how late in Sep they will be offering Harbor Nights on Wednesday in Hamilton? I've seen comments that the last one is Sep 5, but I've also seen comments that it goes through Sep.

Thanks.

Carol

The Bermuda attractions website says through October and says it will run 20 consecutive weeks starting April 25th. Here's the link: http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_0000b2.htm

Thanks for posting this LIVE review. Really enjoying it. I will be on the Enchantment on 7/12.

The photo of the Centrum is really impressive. I love the fact that there are wall-length windows throughout the space. The only other RCI ship I have been on is the Adventure of the Seas which seemed very inward focused and lacked the great sea views (if I remember correctly!). My husband and I also like cruising NCL, but unforunately, they seem to offer ships that are focused on what is INSIDE instead of the water. This Centrum reminds me of the oceanviews and glass elevators on the Celebrity Millennium class ships - my favorites! Excited to sail on this older ship because it's more connected to the water.

thanks, AJ

AJ, if you like water views you would LOVE the Radiance Class ships!! The Brilliance is my favorite!!!! Radiance Class is very open!!!

The Bermuda attractions website says through October and says it will run 20 consecutive weeks starting April 25th. Here's the link: http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_0000b2.htm

According to the article, the last night will be September 5. We are sailing on Explorer on 10/28/12, so guess we won't get to see this. Sounds like it is a really nice night!

RADIO: How are the seas? We have not been to Bermuda, and have heard lots of stories of how high the seas are getting there. We are sailing the end of October, and hoping Mother Nature has settled down by then, and we have nice flat seas!

Love all your pictures of Enchantment. We have sailed several times on her, and love her!

Archived