"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / May 11, 2012

Honey Stung Chicken is better from room service, if available. And it comes with sweet potato fries. Bon voyage. You'll be off the ship by the time I board on 5/17. I'm visiting Baltimore for the first time and I'll probably eat breakfast at Miss Shirley's and tour the Aquarium before heading to the ship. I have time to check in at 2 pm.

Radio I know there is a Starbucks but do they also serve regular coffee. In March on the Explorer I was very disappointed that they only served specialty drinks. Would love to know as I will be on the Enchantment at the end of this month, and if not i will bring my Via packets. Thank you and have a wonderful cruise.

Have a great cruise Radio!

Would love to see some pics of the bathroom in your room. Do you have the new shower enclosure?

Yes, this cabin has the New Shower enclosure . . The safe is in the closet. . .not in the above the TV like the standard Balconies.

(I like it better above the TV)

Radio

;);)

New "Voyager Class" style bathroom. . . (w/Shower enclosure)

A16.JPG

The sink area is set up the normal way

A17.JPG

A view from the Balcony in. . .

A8.JPG

Very excited for our virtual cruise together! Good practice for the real one in November.:D

Wishing you and your fellow appliances calm seas. Can't wait to hear all about Bermuda. I would love to cruise there!

Very excited for our virtual cruise together! Good practice for the real one in November.:D

Wishing you and your fellow appliances calm seas. Can't wait to hear all about Bermuda. I would love to cruise there!

Shar, we cruised on Freedom together in Aug.2009????? I was living in NJ and I went with my friend Barbara from Long Island.

Cheryl

Dan from Canal Winchester!

We left Powell yesterday morning around 8 am. Made two stops, one in Washington, PA for an early lunch, and one stop for gas on 68 west of Hagerstown (Clear Spring, I think) The drive was really easy and pleasant, and we got to our hotel right around 3:30.

We are staying at the Sleep Inn on Fallsway. It is clean, and reasonably priced (I think $106 for the night, inc. Taxes).

Last night, we walked into Little Italy for dinner and a quick stop at CVS. We had dinner at Chipparelli's, which was about a 10 or 15 minute walk. Had dessert at Vaccaro's. Fantastic!

Let me know if you have other questions. We're planning on getting to the port this morning around 11 am. Will park at the port.

Linda

Sounds great. We are going the same routes so looks like we will encounter a nice drive. Right now we are booked at the Holiday Inn Express. I know there is nothing around it, but they do offer a shuttle to the inner Harbor area. We are doing the Cruise and Park package.

Hope you have a great cruise:)

Thanks to radio for his live updates too!!

Dan

Shar, we cruised on Freedom together in Aug.2009????? I was living in NJ and I went with my friend Barbara from Long Island.

Cheryl

Of course I remember! That was the year of the hurricane scares!:eek:

Robyn and I are headed out again in Nov. The two of you should join us.

Enjoy your cruise. I saw the ship twice today, once when I picked my neighbors up at the Cruise Terminal (they had not so great weatherl, but a wonderful time) and at 5:30 when I was walking my dog in a park that is on the bay. What a fabulous day to set sail! Hope that this fantastic weather continues and that you have a wonderful cruise. We love Bermuda and the Enchantment!

Of course I remember! That was the year of the hurricane scares!:eek:

Robyn and I are headed out again in Nov. The two of you should join us.

I know Meg from a previous cruise and i'm looking into joining ya'll. Unfortunately Barbara is no longer well enough to travel, but i'm looking for someone to go with!!!!

Cheryl

I know Meg from a previous cruise and i'm looking into joining ya'll. Unfortunately Barbara is no longer well enough to travel, but i'm looking for someone to go with!!!!

Cheryl

I'm sorry to hear that. Give her my regards.

Hopefully you will find someone to join you.:)

Hello everyone. . .Good Morning. Welcome to DAY 2 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas. Sorry for no post last night. . .It seems that the connection last night was not “Radio friendly”, but this morning I have a very fast connection, and away we go. . .

We pulled away last night right at 4:30 as scheduled. . .The weather was perfect sail away weather with sunny skies, and mild temps (72F) We passed the Key Bridge at around 5PM, and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge by around 6:30PM. The skies were blue, and a local TV news helicopter filmed our sail away from the Port of Baltimore.

The Entertainment staff was pout on the pool decks at sail away for about an hour. They were encouraging passengers to hit the decks with lots of music and dance. It was a festive atmosphere as we pulled away from port last night.

I was able to have a delicious dinner at Chops last night, and I can tell you that it was very good. I was joined by 3 Cruise Critic members (CruiseLover58, megr1125, and MedicKen. We had a great time, and it was nice to have some great conversation over a very nice meal. . .

After dinner I tried to get a wireless connection, but it wasn’t going to happen. . .I tried in my cabin, the Library, and up on deck 8. . .argh@#$%.

I was unable to go to the Welcome Aboard Show last night, as there was only one Show at 7:15PM. There was lots of Live Music last night though. . .Boleros (Deck 5), Centrum (Deck 4), and the Schooner Bar (Deck 6) all had lots of passengers and good music.

I am posting this morning from the Viking Crown Lounge, up on Deck 11, and I am looking forward to 7AM when Café Latte-Tudes opens. I will be able to have my first cup of a delicious Starbucks Café Americano. I went to the Concierge Lounge earlier this morning (5AM) to grab a cup of coffee, but was surprised to see that there is no half and half. . .really? Come on. . .

Here are a few pics from Sail Away, and there will be many more pics today as my connection appears to be very stable and very fast !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

We pull away from the pier slowly. . .

A22.JPG

There were lots of passengers out on the decks

A20.JPG

The music was very good

A19.JPG

We pass under the twin spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge

A29.JPG

The Chesapeake Bay was very calm last night

A34.JPG

The Chefs at chops were very good. . .I highly recommend having dinner there.

A33.JPG

Thanks Radio for your live reports!!! My dad and step mom are cruising with you on their very first cruise. I look forward to your many pictures to see if I see them in any!

Stephanie

Radio,

I am hanging along with you for another cruise, always enjoy your posts.

We are thinking about that same cruise for late July, I want to get back on the Enchantment before it is moved out of Baltimore.

Archived