"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas- Bermuda / May 11, 2012

Thanks for the updates. My family will be on Enchantment next February for a 9 day Southern Carribean cruise. We chose the Port of Baltimore and the Enchantment due to the airfare costs to Florida and Puerto Rico during the school vacations and the fact it will be a 9 day cruise.

We figure that if airfares to Baltimore in February are high, we can still drive down from Boston. Again, thanks for the updates and we look forward to more as you enjoy your cruise.

Smitty

Radio, thanks once again for taking us all along with you on your cruise. Not only is the ship sailing full, but with all the posts so far looks like the virtual cabins are all full too.

I had the opportunity to sail from Cruise Maryland in 2009 (wanted to sail one last time on the NCL Majesty before it left the fleet). Embarkation was quick and efficient, staff very pleasant, and the sailaway going under the Key and Chesapeake Bay bridges was cool. Thumbs up to Cruise Maryland. Thanks for your sailaway pics which brought back some nice memories.

Looking forward now to your reports and pics from Bermuda. I never tire of the island. I hope I can get back there again this year, but until then I'll visit through your words and pics.

Will you be renting a scooter? Wish I felt comfortable doing that because you can get to so many areas that you don't see when traveling by bus or ferry. Have you found any places off the beaten path that you would recommend?

All the time you put in to sharing your vacations with all of us is very much appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful cruise with blue skies and calm seas.

~~Maun

Thanks for the updates. My family will be on Enchantment next February for a 9 day Southern Carribean cruise. We chose the Port of Baltimore and the Enchantment due to the airfare costs to Florida and Puerto Rico during the school vacations and the fact it will be a 9 day cruise.

We figure that if airfares to Baltimore in February are high, we can still drive down from Boston. Again, thanks for the updates and we look forward to more as you enjoy your cruise.

Smitty

Yes we drove to Baltimore as well. A great port to sail from and parking is inexpensive and close by to the entrance! If I were youy I would just drive

:)

Radio, we just got off EOS yesterday morning and if we had know the famous (or is that infamous?) Radio was getting on, we would have cleaned up the ship a little more. Enjoy our favorite quite zone, the Viking Crown.

I've been waiting for this cruise since following your last on Celebrity a short while ago...very anxious to hear all about the Enchantment........love Bermuda...it was the destination of our 1st cruise and I very much look forward to returning there in the near future.

Smitty

Smitty, check Southwest from Manchester NH down to Baltimore. My sister lives outside Boston and I can often find one way flights for $79, especially by booking early. Flight time is less than 90 minutes and depending on how many people are in your party, it's often cheaper than driving. And definitely easier than battling the Mass Pike, New York traffic, Jersey Turnpike, and I-95!!!

Thank you for all the pictures. Brings back memories of our November 2010 cruise on Enchantment. Loved cruising out of Baltimore. You are right they have it down to a science. Looking forward to following you through your trip. Happy cruising!:)

Smitty, check Southwest from Manchester NH down to Baltimore. My sister lives outside Boston and I can often find one way flights for $79, especially by booking early. Flight time is less than 90 minutes and depending on how many people are in your party, it's often cheaper than driving. And definitely easier than battling the Mass Pike, New York traffic, Jersey Turnpike, and I-95!!!

Yes, thank you for the tip. Manchester is very familar to me and have flown Southwest quite frequently to Florida destinations and to Baltimore, not for a cruise but to watch my Red Sox play the Orioles.

My intention is to fly out of Manchester for this sailing, but I am not sure what the prices will be as this is our February school vacation period. If the airfares are reasonable I will fly out of Manchester to Baltimore, but if not we will drive the 10 hours and drive right up to the port.

Of course, Southwest's schedule is only until November 2nd, so time will tell if we fly or drive.

Smitty

Radio....hope you have a great cruise. We are sailing in 13 days. Also on the enchantment to bermuda. Suggestions on the ship and at the port of bermuda. Do you anything about hogpenny and swizzle Inn, are they near each other...anything about horseshoe bay? Any info you have would be great.

thanks!:D

Hello everyone. . .We are having a great weather day here onboard Enchantment of the Seas. We are currently about 350nm from Bermuda and are sailing at about 19nts. Captain Andres Ingebrigtsen (known as Captain Anders) suggested it was about 71F, but it feels a lot warmer. The sun is strong, and many passengers were taking advantage of the good weather out on the pool decks. . .

Our Cruise critic Roll Call set up a few informal events today, including a Meet and Mingle up in the Viking Crown Lounge as well as a Slot Pull and an informal lunch in the Main dining room. The Cruise director (John Blair) has set up dozens of activities for all passengers today in all parts of the Ship.

It is a nice relaxing day as we head toward our 1st port of call at Kings Wharf, Bermuda. The Norwegian Dawn will be with us in Bermuda. She arrives early while our scheduled time to dock is 3PM. We will be in Bermuda until 12 noon on Tuesday.

We have the Captains Gala Event tonight, as well as a Formal dinner in the MDR. There is a Production Show tonight in the Orpheum Theater (Can’t Stop the Rock)

Here are a few pics from this morning, and a few from this afternoon. I will try to get a few more up later tonight.

Radio

We are graced this morning with a beautiful sunrise

B1.JPG

With few clouds in the sky, it appears that it may be another sunny day

B2.JPG

The sun shines in on the Crown and Anchor Study this morning

B4.JPG

The Centrum seems to wake up this morning as the sun shines in. . .

B5.JPG

It’s still a little cool out early this morning, but I feel the day will get much warmer

B7.JPG

A cooking demonstration was being held in the Centrum this morning. . .

B8.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

A view from the Viking Crown Lounge just before our meeting this morning

B9.JPG

The Viking Crown Lounge might be the most relaxing area on the ship

B10.JPG

Ahhh. . .Blue Skies, and blue water is lovely to look at.

B11.JPG

The sun is very strong on the Solarium (Deck 9)

B12.JPG

The pool decks were packed this afternoon

B14.JPG

Gorgeous pictures as always Radio. And you're getting such nice weather! Say hello to Meg, Ken, Deb, Wally and Terri for me. I can't wait to make the same trip on the EX in Sep. My new passport arrived today and I'm ready to go.

Gorgeous pictures Radio!!! Thanks for the beautiful sea day!!!

Carol, I see you are sailing as well on Nov. 4th!!! I really have to find someone who would like to go with me!!!!!!

Cheryl

:DHi Radio; Once again I thrilled to follow your Live from the Enchantment posts. My DW likes to spend a lot of time in the Solarium Pool. On our last cruise onthe Freedom the Solarium pool was on the COLD side. If you have a chance could you please check the pool temperature?:D

Beautiful pictures, as always. Sea looks very calm. Sometimes it is a little rough going to Bermuda. Ours last month was like the seas that you are having. Hopefully the sea will be just as calm when we go this week.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It is greatly appreciated by so many people.

Gwen :)

When did they change to Starbucks?

Ooh, I know this one! It was about half way through the 5 December cruise last year (I know this because I was on the cruise, not because I am an Enchantment über geek :) )

Sorry to butt in, Radio, have a great cruise.

What do you mean the Enchantment is leaving!!!!??????????

Is the Grandeur still sailing?

Cheryl

It is rumored that the Enchantment is going to replace the Monarch of the Seas next year in Port Canaveral, Florida.

Yes the Grandeur is still sailing.

Thank you for you wonderful live from reports!!! It is so generous of you to spend so much time and effort to keep us all in the cruise with you!!!

We have to wait until July for our cruise but now I feel a taste of it!!

Archived