Favorite Norwegian Cruise Line Entertainers

xenagurl

I just got finished watching a video from a musician that was playing on the Epic who along with his wife and one other musician is performing for Howl at the Moon dueling Pianos on board the Epic. He's an amazing talent and I thought it would be cool if we'd share with each other thoughts, pictures, info etc on performers that we've thoroughly enjoyed while cruising on Norwegian and feel free to add those you've enjoyed from other lines as well. Who knows, perhaps NCL will decide to include them in their lineup as well.

Artist Name: Drew DeFour

Entertainment type: Pianist, Singer

Notes: Drew and his wife Kin are not only beautiful & talented but they're personable, friendly and fun as well. If I didn't find myself at Slam Allen on board the Epic I was at Howl at the Moon enjoying listening to these two along with Michael. Just watching Drew's fingers play is amazing and listening to Kin is a delight. What a voice!

Link to music:

Article about him: ---> Here

I thought Jose & Patty were awesome on the Dawn. Needed a bigger venue every night because people were going to the Atrium very early and people were sitting and standing on all the stairways and we ended up in the internet area every night.

I thought Jose & Patty were awesome on the Dawn. Needed a bigger venue every night because people were going to the Atrium very early and people were sitting and standing on all the stairways and we ended up in the internet area every night.

Cool. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to hearing them live one day.

I've found a link for them: http://www.joseandpatti.net/

Laurie Anne Gardner

Piano player and singer, plus all-around entertainer (funny, personable, etc.)

We saw her on the Gem in November 2011 - went nearly every night. We almost went on a Sky cruise primarily because of her.

I think I remember seeing her name in the Freestyle when I was there in January. Now I wish I'd gone to see her! Very smooth voice.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqN1AS6VDNw

Slam Allen on the Epic

Here's slam sitting in at Headliners with the Howl at the Moon crew. I have to say, the Epic has to be a musician's amusement park. Slam sits in with the HATM crew and vice versa, the Blue Man musicians sit in with Slam and jam...it's like a big musician party all over the ship

Here is one of the jam sessions. Notice all the folks there. lol. The lead guitarist is from the BMG band

Edited by sdmike

I'm with you.;) Here's a vid I shot!:cool:
Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

youngestof9 - He has a nice voice. I wonder if he'll be back on the Epic. I'm not sure if he wasn't there or if I just didn't see him.

Sharkbait : Juggler Duo

They're on the Star! Totally nuts had us cracking up. DH and I even took their juggling workshop which was a blast.

Love Slam Allen, too. We went every night on our 1st Epic cruise. The last one, he was not on board. I believe he is back now, though

Slam is awesomeeeee I'm going to post his info next. He's definitely back. I had a chance to sit down and eat with him in the buffet for dinner on the TA.

Romano Frediani Juggler..

Matt Baker- Cruise director

CDs are sometimes the BEST entertainment.

Edited by xenagurl

Very much enjoyed Murray the Magician on the Star several years ago. Imagine my surprise when I then saw him as a finalist on America's Got Talent! His onboard shows were very, very funny. We also enjoyed Jose and Patty when they were on the the Wind doing the Hawaii and Fanning Island cruises.

We enjoyed hearing the husband/wife team of Arvin and Emily on the Spirit in 2010. Believe they may have been from the Phillipines. They were fantastic. One of the nights they sang Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand tunes in one of the lounges and did a great job.

I'm looking forward to running into many of those mentioned here.

kapoho2 that must have been exciting for him. Hopefully he got more work from the exposure.

Artist: Slam Allen

Entertainment type: Guitarist, Blues Singer

Notes: Slam and his entire band are VERY talented and will capture your attention as well as have you moving to the beat. He loves to see people enjoying themselves so don't hold back with the foot tapping!

Link to music: http://www.myspace.com/slamallen

Dang, I wish my Dawn cruise was tomorrow!

It's so great to see all of you raving about these awesome musicians and performers!

Wish my Jade cruise was tomorrow too! LOL

There are really a lot of fun talented entertainers on each sailing. It's enjoyable watching, listening to and interacting with them.

The guests can be talented too. On one of the Karaoke nights last week someone with a really nice voice was singing Sweet Caroline. Needless to say we all joined in with "bah, bah, bah and so good, so Good, so GOOD" On the Epic another passenger sang Friends in Low Places for Karaoke and a bunch of us solo cruisers decided to be the "friends" and sing the chorus putting special emphasis on Oasis, he got a kick out of it. Good times, good times!:D

Prior to the renovation, Jose and Patty used to perform in Dazzles Lounge. That was the lounge midship which was part of a "walk through". They would get a large crowd when they performed. Folks would stop and listen as they traversed the ship. Standing room only for them.

Another great act was "Fire and Ice". They were an Ike and Tina Turner review. They also packed Dazzles Lounge when they performed.

DAVE HEENAN, DAVE HEENAN AND DAVE HEENAN! HE IS THE BEST EVER!

MATT BAKER cruise director.

I also enjoyed Brenda Kaye and another guy ( i totally forgot his name)...he did presentations on "how to remember things" :o seriously!!!!

The Pearl: Jersey Boys and Sharkbait. the BEST shows of 10 cruises.

Cruising Sun and Gem and would like to know about great entertainers, especially the piano bars. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Kaboochi
Added another question

The Pearl: Jersey Boys and Sharkbait. the BEST shows of 10 cruises.

Cruising Sun and Gem and would like to know about great entertainers, especially the piano bars. Thanks for your help.

On the Gem?

Sinan Ulucay CD! I'm looking to sail the Gem again to see him in action. He's funny squared and has more energy than the energizer bunny. I don't even remember who else was on that ship. Sinan was so...Sinan! I wish he had his own TV show. He's a one stop entertainment shop.

http://www.facebook.com/sinancruisedirector