National Park Passport Stamps- Glacier Bay National Park

kmpjdd

I have one of those "National Park Passports" that you can get stamped at all of the National Parks that you visit. I will be bringing it with me to AK because we are going to Denali NP and I want to get it stamped there.

However, I was wondering if anyone knows if the National Park Rangers who board the ship in Glacier Bay bring the Glacier Bay stamp with them?

I have one of those "National Park Passports" that you can get stamped at all of the National Parks that you visit. I will be bringing it with me to AK because we are going to Denali NP and I want to get it stamped there.

However, I was wondering if anyone knows if the National Park Rangers who board the ship in Glacier Bay bring the Glacier Bay stamp with them?

I am pretty sure they did have one on the Golden Princess last summer. They had tables set up with all sorts of information and I think they had the stamp there too.

We are going to the Hubbard glacier on the Radiance. Does anyone know if they have NPS stamps on that cruise, too?

These stamps are one of my favorite things to collect.

Why would they? Hubbard Glacier is not a national park :confused:

Frugal--I have not been to AK, yet--so I am not an expert. I was under the impression that the Hubbard glacier is part of the Wrangell--St Elias park. If you look at the map of the park area the Hubbard glacier seems to be in the southern section. :confused:

Frugal--I have not been to AK, yet--so I am not an expert. I was under the impression that the Hubbard glacier is part of the Wrangell--St Elias park. If you look at the map of the park area the Hubbard glacier seems to be in the southern section. :confused:

Hubbard is part of the US Forrest Service and is not a National park.

sherryf and mapleleaves-

thanks for your help! I had never seen that part of the NPS website, and I am excited that they list the stamp as one of the things that the ranger brings onboard.

I'm also surprised that so many people know about the National Park Passports. For those who care, there is a "Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park" in Skagway (http://www.nps.gov/klgo/index.htm ) that appears to be right near the railway station.

I'm also surprised that so many people know about the National Park Passports. For those who care, there is a "Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park" in Skagway (http://www.nps.gov/klgo/index.htm ) that appears to be right near the railway station.

I got a Klondike Goldrush NPS stamp in Seattle. I will be sure to get the stamp in Skagway, too.

I also have the National park stamp book. I used it last year.

Yes I got mine stamped at Hubbard Glacier It is in Wrangell-St Elias NP and Pres

If in Seatle make sure you go to Klondike gold rush it starts here and goes up to Skakway. y

you should go to the Nation park site

find the cancellation stations and print it out.

Let me find a link

Mary

Hi

If you have the large book not the small one. Take out a few pages and bring those with you leave the book on ship. Remember always ask at a place you visit they all will have stamps or cancellation stamps

Not all places will have stamps I would get a blank page stamp and hope next year a stamp will be available.

Mary

For those who care, there is a "Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park" in Skagway (http://www.nps.gov/klgo/index.htm ) that appears to be right near the railway station.

And here's a link to Seattle's unit of the Klondike Gold Rush National Park. It's located near Pioneer Square. And it's free.

http://www.nps.gov/klse/index.htm

I also have the National park stamp book. I used it last year.

Yes I got mine stamped at Hubbard Glacier It is in Wrangell-St Elias NP and Pres

Mary

Mary-- thank you for the link. Getting these stamps is great fun. I am glad I can get one for Wrangell-St Elias NP.

But, having this complete list is even better!!!:)

I love the idea of this National Park Passport Book, i've never heard of it before! I will look into getting one before my Alaska cruise this season.

I wish they also had this kind of book for the Canadian National Parks... :)

I know for a fact that you can get the Passport Book stamped while in Glacier Bay National Park. At least you could on the Golden Princess. The Park Service set up a very nice display and gift shop onboard. And my wife was able to get her Passport stamped there. Here's a photo of the Park Ranger display area.

(And don't forget to take the passport with you into Skagway. The Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park has the stamps in the Visitor Center, located in the historic train station.)

5881885823_9490efa353_z.jpg

Glacier Bay National Park by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Make sure you get the cancelled stamp on your pages. some places might not have photo stamp. I started with the small one but then got the large on,No need to bright the whole book along Just get the area where you ar going, I have purchased all the photo stamps. No way i will be able to fill it.

Mary

Archived