Ever heard of anyone leaving the ship mid cruise because they did not like it?

I am going to throw the BS flag back at you ! I Never said that I have been on the Oasis 6 times! you'll have to prove that one!

As for the spelling of Navy you have me there on that one did not do spell check or pro0f the post at 7:30am!

As for the only being interested with RCI ships that not true either !You'll have to prove that one as well!

So is your "never again" statement about Carnival based solely on your being on one of their ships for a few minutes?

gonna throw my BS flag at this poster.

-I think it's safe to bet that someone with 25 minutes in the NAVY, let along 25 YEARS would know how to spell NAVY.

-this poster stated in another thread that he's been on Oasis 6 times and are the only ships with RCI he is interested in being on.

Doesn't add up.

I agree. You don't spend that type money and then leave the ship. My BS meter went off big time with poster. Need some boots to read that post.

From a prvious thread......

Title of the thread....

Will never leave royal again

Posted By micco69

icon8.gifUs to we just got back from the Carnival Dream...

Us to we just got back from the Carnival Dream never again on Carnival after 25 cruise that one was the worst ever!!!

Looks like that is what you are saying.

True but I never left the dock I was on the ship for 4 hrs and left didn,t like what the ship had to offer and I did not take the cruise! . As for the Royal statement I think they have better ships and cleaner and so does celebrity.

I am going to throw the BS flag back at you ! I Never said that I have been on the Oasis 6 times! you'll have to prove that one!

As for the spelling of Navy you have me there on that one did not do spell check or pro0f the post at 7:30am!

As for the only being interested with RCI ships that not true either !You'll have to prove that one as well!

He was probably referring to this post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33551602&postcount=1116

It looks like you were responding to cruisingator's post but didn't quote the op properly.

BTW you said the Oasis cruise was the second time you left a ship early. In the post I linked above you said it was the only time you ever had to remove yourself from a ship.

Agree. Wonder what would have happened if he left his Navey ship "because it did not feel right"?

Also posted this back in December

"Us to we just got back from the Carnival Dream never again on Carnival after 25 cruise that one was the worst ever!!!"

Rather hard to get back from a cruise if you don't go on it. Sounds to me like they went on the cruise.

Again, BS. Funny though. :)

I travel everywhere with a "white noise" machine. Usually it helps. For instance, last week I was at my daughter's house-- when the machine is on a higher setting, I could not even hear her baby cry. I consider my little machine as an insurance policy for a good night's sleep!!

I used to travel with the machine, now I use my iPhone app for that...White Noise sure does work for me too. :)

True but I never left the dock I was on the ship for 4 hrs and left didn,t like what the ship had to offer and I did not take the cruise! . As for the Royal statement I think they have better ships and cleaner and so does celebrity.

So 4 hours on a ship that didn't go anywhere was your worst cruise ever? Really?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33551602#post33551602

ZING!!!

FYI: if you click on someone's handle you can see their previous posts.

been on carnival 3 times with one being the dream. OMG the best sleep I have ever had in a long long time. I love their beds.

My mom hated the cruise she said to many kids, but she never was a kid person. If I would have known about the carnival guarantee I bet she would have left the ship at the first port and we would have gladley seen her off as she was complaining the whole time. LOL, but I did not let it stop us from having fun. So she is not going with my dad and us this time

I had a horrible experience on a Carnival ship. When boarding the ship there were two Carnival employees (I assume to greet you and say "welcome aboard") so engrossed in a personal conversation that anyone could have walked on. No big deal so I go check out my stateroom. I booked the highest category oceanview stateroom. The window was so filthy - had handprints and food, yes food smeared all over it. I check out the bathroom. Toilet seat up with human waste left in there - so gross. :eek: I went down to the pursers desk and said that I don't think my stateroom had been cleaned yet. The girl at the desk told me that it was, without even checking. She continued to argue the fact that all staterooms are cleaned prior to the guests coming on board. I asked her to just have someone check it out and to clean it. She rolled her eyes at me but assured me that it would be taken care of. So I decided to go to the buffet and grab so lunch. Big, hairy guy in line at the buffet with no shirt on and grabbing food with his hands - not the tongs that are provided. :eek: I went up to one of the managers and pointed this out to him. The manager told me "We can't MAKE him use the tongs or upset any passenger by telling him to go put a shirt on!" :confused: OK so I check out the other part of the buffet line - NOTHING looked edible. I wouldn't feed ANY of that slop to my dog! There were lots of other little incidents too but I won't bore you with them! I went back to my stateroom (few hours later) and nothing had been cleaned up. :mad: I then decided to get off this ship before I got norovirus or any other number of things!

BTW - I have enjoyed over 30 cruises after that disgusting incident! Mostly on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean - anything but Carnival! :D

I travel everywhere with a "white noise" machine. Usually it helps. For instance, last week I was at my daughter's house-- when the machine is on a higher setting, I could not even hear her baby cry. I consider my little machine as an insurance policy for a good night's sleep!!

We always use a sound machine at home and now I have an app on my iPhone that does the same thing, so I use that when traveling. It is great not having to carry the sound machine but still reaping the benefits.

Yes we did on the 1st day of the carnival dream we got on the ship looked around then went to our cabin it was openned we went in look at it laid the bed an it felt like sleeping on a rock our bagges showed up at the same time . We walked around the ship one more time then went back to the cabin my wife & I looked at each other and said this does not feel right for us here so we said lets get the hell off the ship before we were stuck there for 7 days . Grab our bags went to front desk told them we were leaving we did,t like there ship and they lead us off the ship with no problems lost the cruise money but the ship didn,t feel right for us.

2nd time it was on the Oasis of the seas we made it as far as Nassau and got of the ship this ship was way to crowed for us and it felt like a circus to us there must have been 2000 kids on the ship running around so we said this won,t be enjoyable for us so we went to the front desk settled our bill told them we were leaving and left the ship.

We have over 25+ cruises and I had 25 yrs in the Navey that was the only 2 times we have ever left a ship because we didn,t like it or it didn,t feel right to us.

Then you are not sailing on the Oasis 11/24/12? Noticed you on the roll call

After reading all this, I just want to make an offer...I'm now retired. I have my "cruise clothes" in a designated closet and my suitcase is stored under my bed. I have a current, valid passport. I have a credit card, just itching to be used and time on my hands. The next cruise any of you get on and have a "feeling" you can't get rid of, please contact me. I will gladly arrange travel to the port and take your place. I would only need about 30 minutes to drop the dog at the doggie spa to leave for the airport in anticipation of the first frozen drink during sail-away....Just sayin'.....:p

Very funny :D:D

Wow a few years ago I did a cruise on a Carnival ship and was getting off her and onto the Adventure of the Seas for the second week. The Carnival Ship was awful, the crew was rude, and the room was not cleaned properly, and I wish I could have gotten off, however I did not make it ruin my cruise I had the Adventure to look forward too and it was fantastic and sold me on RCI. I was a previous Celebrity cruiser but because of the itinerary chose the Carnival ship (hindsight I should have done B2B on the adventure) I said all that to say this a couple of years later because of a group of friends I went back on that same Carnival ship and was gonna tough it out for the sake of the friends, and when I got on board you would have thought I was on a totally different ship. It was one of the best cruises I had. Everything was cruise perfect!!! Sometimes it happens that things aren't exactly perfect and I know we pay a lot of money and expect to get what we paid for, but sometimes things happen to disappoint us but I NEVER let it ruin my vacation or would consider getting off! A cruise is what you make of it.

Now I just did a b2b on the Oasis 4/28-5/12 and was amazed that for the amount of people, crew, and children on board I never felt crowded until parade nights which is to be expected. I loved it and so much so we booked b2b on the Allure for the same time next year. So as you can see everyones opinions and perceptions are different and that's okay!

Sometimes it happens that things aren't exactly perfect and I know we pay a lot of money and expect to get what we paid for, but sometimes things happen to disappoint us but I NEVER let it ruin my vacation or would consider getting off! A cruise is what you make of it!

So true!

I would personally never underestimate that " gut feeling" if it's strong enough. I've been on over 50 cruises and had 2 that just didn't sit right from day 1. One was a RCI cruise and one was a Carnival. I'd had MANY good Carnival cruises leading up to that one, but by the end of the 1st day I'd had so very many small issues compounded on more small issues, compounded on a medium issue, a LARGE issue that I strongly thought about leaving and would have, had I not been part of a large group of friends. We all complained after the cruise and were awarded a pretty significant OBC for a future cruise which we'll probably never take. The RCI cruise was just hellacious and as it turned out it was the final cruise of that particular ship before it was sold off, and it was in such filthy disrepair w/ such an apathetic crew that I'd rather have been at home floating around my pool. In both cases, I wish I had disembarked early. Cut my losses and run.

In Economics there is a theory of "sunk cost". (costs incurred that cannot be recovered). I'd already paid the money so why add insult to injury by spending an unpleasant week. THe money was paid, and staying onboard wasn't bringing it back.

I've had other cruises that were far from perfect but that "feeling of impending doom" was never present as it was on those 2 particular cruises. If I get that feeling again, I'll be homeward bound in a heartbeat.

What is right for one person isn't necessarily right for another. I'd never criticize someone for staying on a cruise that they felt uneasy about. Not sure why the person who had the "feeling" was verbally jumped on for leaving the cruise early.

Many years ago on a Carnival ship (which as has been sold) the A/C broke and a partial refund was given to anyone that wanted to leave at the next port. We hung in there and the A/C was kinda fixed for the rest of he cruise. On the positive side, drinks were free, we received a nice refund, and a future cruise credit, which we never used because that was our last Carnival cruise.

Archived