oasis class ships in the med

could anyone tell me if any of the oasis class ships will be doing any itinaries in the med in the near future.

There are only two Oasis class ships: Oasis and Allure and they have long term commitments to sail from Ft. Lauderdale, so don't expect to see either of them sailing in the Med anytime soon. There is also a question as to which, if any, Med ports are able to accommodate ships of their dimensions.

could anyone tell me if any of the oasis class ships will be doing any itinaries in the med in the near future.

It's not likely. They make up a big bulk of the cabins available in the Caribbean for Royal Caribbean.

Probably the closest thing to one of the Oasis Class ships doing the Med is Norwegian Epic. Don't think you will see any RCI Oasis class ships there at least in the near future.

Not in the near future unless they need to go back to Europe for their 5 year drydocks in 2014 and 2015. Wouldn't that be a wonderful TA!!!!!

That would be so nice. How did you find out that they had to go to europe in 5 years for their drydock?

Also, all the flowers/trees and whatnot are all designed for Caribbean seasons/weather...

Not sure the Oasis ships as currently designed would do well in the Mediterranean, probably need a good update/change to do that (just a guess).

Not a chance.

The 'twins' are set up to perform efficiently together...you

might say 'purpose built ships for purpose built port areas'.

Oasis/Allure...the economy of scale:

1. Alternate same east/west Caribbean 7 day routes.

2. Both load at same specially remodeled Terminal at PE.

3. Both use same piers at destination ports. As

mentioned... no tendering.

4. Supply chains from food to diesel fuel are in place at Ft Lauderdale.

Na...no way could they separate the 'twins' for

far off adventures. Just my opinion.

:cool::cool:

After cruising on Allure last week, I am a little skeptical of how the Oasis class ships would handle rough seas during a TA. We were on the 14th deck and she seemed to sway back and forth constantly due to her height. It was MUCH more noticeable versus our prior cruises on smaller ships (which have always been on the top stateroom deck).

But they are magnificent ships. Just a little too big for our tastes.

Not a chance....

Also agree, no way. With two Flow Riders these sisters are perfect for 7 nighters in the Caribbean, not port-intensive European itineraries. Their size alone is the factor; Nassau harbor had to be dredged to accomodate Oasis. I don't think any of the European ports could handle her, let alone trying to tender in, say, Santorini. A logistical nightmare.

Not a chance.

The 'twins' are set up to perform efficiently together...you

might say 'purpose built ships for purpose built port areas'.

Oasis/Allure...the economy of scale:

1. Alternate same east/west Caribbean 7 day routes.

2. Both load at same specially remodeled Terminal at PE.

3. Both use same piers at destination ports. As

mentioned... no tendering.

4. Supply chains from food to diesel fuel are in place at Ft Lauderdale.

Na...no way could they separate the 'twins' for

far off adventures. Just my opinion.

:cool::cool:

Oasis/Allure don't fuel in Fort Lauderdale....they fuel in St Maarten

After cruising on Allure last week, I am a little skeptical of how the Oasis class ships would handle rough seas during a TA. We were on the 14th deck and she seemed to sway back and forth constantly due to her height. It was MUCH more noticeable versus our prior cruises on smaller ships (which have always been on the top stateroom deck).

But they are magnificent ships. Just a little too big for our tastes.

When the Oasis was brought over from where it was build the captain sailed it directly into a hurricane with waves up to 80 feet, not only is this well documented, he personally told me this when I was onboard last year. He also told me it was the smoothest ship he ever been on.

When the Oasis was brought over from where it was build the captain sailed it directly into a hurricane with waves up to 80 feet, not only is this well documented, he personally told me this when I was onboard last year. He also told me it was the smoothest ship he ever been on.

Did he tell you how two lifeboats were permanently damaged?

He does this happen on an western sailing ?:eek:
They don't need to refuel every week.

Exactly MM:)...they only fuel every 2 weeks

Sounds like only half the story....yes, Oasis had a VERY rough ride across the pond trying to stay on schedule as planned for the inaugurals. However the journey also resulted in a good amount of damage that ultimately made a change in the wave-break on Oasis and then Allure. 2 lifeboats were damaged and had to be removed....they then had to make a permanent alteration so this wouldn't occur again....if you look closely you will see that there aren't 2 lifeboats sitting all the way up front on Allure. Also the rough journey resulted in some of the lower deck forward balcony glass getting broken. They also had some damage in the promenade...keep in mind also that none of the stores had merchandise at this time or they would have had even more damage and none of Central Park was planted at that point. And as for the captain saying it was the smoothest ship....many people who were on the crossing will I am sure debate that.

Another thought, looking at the Med stats for this year, prices are low for the cruise and there are still so many unbooked cabins all summer. If they can't fill Liberty, they would have no hope of filling Oasis.

Another thought, looking at the Med stats for this year, prices are low for the cruise and there are still so many unbooked cabins all summer. If they can't fill Liberty, they would have no hope of filling Oasis.

The initial appeal of Oasis or Allure might well allow them to fill those ships regardless of the way Liberty and other RCI ships are doing in Europe this season. How long that interest would continue is a matter for debate, but the reality of the situation is that RCI's commitment to sailing both Oasis and Allure in the Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale for years to come, and the lack of European ports that can handle a ship of that size makes the OPs wish unrealistic. As I recall the transatlantic crossings were quite rough, but they did not carry any revenue passengers who could comment on the experience, only crew and workmen who were still putting finishing touches on the ships when they arrived in the US. I'd be interested in learning which ship's Captain made that claim. If Bill Wright was the source of the comment, I suspect that there were some qualifying remarks that have been omitted.

thank for all you,r posts. i know that rc have a contract with fort lauderdale pa.

my brother read somewhere that one of them was comeing over to drydock in europe and that they were going to do a few routes in the med before returning.

but have never been able to find out anything else.

Archived