Explorer 9 Day Bermuda and Caribbean has 3 Formal Nights !

I just returned from the May 10th sailing of Explorer to Bermuda and the Caribbean (9 nights) and we, as well as the previous cruise, had 3 formal nights. Even though the cruise docs (and on-line) said two, there were 3. Friday, Sunday, and Thursday.

Plan accordingly

Steve

I just returned from the May 10th sailing of Explorer to Bermuda and the Caribbean (9 nights) and we, as well as the previous cruise, had 3 formal nights. Even though the cruise docs (and on-line) said two, there were 3. Friday, Sunday, and Thursday.

Plan accordingly

Steve

That is weird..I wonder if they recently changed this. Have done a couple of 9 days on the Explorer and it was 2 formal nights. I think 3 is too much...IMO :o

How was your cruise? Did you like the Explorer?

Quite likely it will be different by next April.

I know, things can change in the blink of an eye. I guess I will just have to expect the unexpected and go with the flow!

That is weird..I wonder if they recently changed this. Have done a couple of 9 days on the Explorer and it was 2 formal nights. I think 3 is too much...IMO :o

How was your cruise? Did you like the Explorer?

The cruise was fantastic, despite the 15 foot seas and gale force winds on the way home (the first time I've seen them hang the "bags" on the stairwell railings).

btw, Here's how I dressed for the formal nights:

1st night. Black suit, white shirt, tie.

2nd night, Black suit jacket, white pants, blue shirt, no tie

3rd night, no jacket, black pants, pink shirt, no tie

Imagine if this continued :)

Steve

I know people hate me because I say this on here all the time but these formal nights should be done away with altogether. They are outdated, and 3 on a 9 night cruise it totally ridiculous.

I know people hate me because I say this on here all the time but these formal nights should be done away with altogether. They are outdated, and 3 on a 9 night cruise it totally ridiculous.

I don't hate you, but I certainly don't agree. We (DW and I) both enjoy the formal nights. Sorry you don't.

That being said, I do agree that 3 on a 9 night is a bit much.

:cool:Your opinion only. Try Carnival, or Windjammer or room service. You have options. I like a couple of formal nights:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

The cruise was fantastic, despite the 15 foot seas and gale force winds on the way home (the first time I've seen them hang the "bags" on the stairwell railings).

Steve

OMG....15 foot waves? I don't know if I would have been scared or enjoyed the experience.

PS....LOL OVER YOUR WARDROBE SELECTION:eek:

Steve

pSS...Where in Northern Jersey? What county?

:cool:Your opinion only. Try Carnival, or Windjammer or room service. You have options. I like a couple of formal nights:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

And I'm not telling you NOT to dress up, have at it, buy a 10,000 dollar Tux, just get rid of the the actual formal nights. Its outdated and most don't follow the rules anyway. RCCL doesn't enforce because they know the dinning room would be empty and a useless room.

And I'm not telling you NOT to dress up, have at it, buy a 10,000 dollar Tux, just get rid of the the actual formal nights. Its outdated and most don't follow the rules anyway. RCCL doesn't enforce because they know the dinning room would be empty and a useless room.

Enough already... if you want to have a war go elsewhere, dont hijack my thread !!!

Steve

Plan accordingly

Steve

Sadly yet another occurrence of pre docs, and website, not matching ship operations. In December all our docs for our 12 night Enchantment cruise said 2 formals, including the day by day planner we got once onboard...and low and behold a third appeared!

I don't care how long the cruise is, 1 is plenty, 2 is overkill, and a third is just plain silly!

OMG....15 foot waves? I don't know if I would have been scared or enjoyed the experience.

PS....LOL OVER YOUR WARDROBE SELECTION:eek:

Here's a picture that one of our fellow CC-ers took of a ship passing us during the storm (we were headed north, the ship was going east).

634446231_roughseas.jpg.98b2ca832c4966ea90f3c141a04060f5.jpg

that's just another example of the right hand not speaking to the left...

as right on their website..there SHOULD only be 2......

That said...i had 3 dresses on my 6 night (hey, you never know right) AND i DO like the selection of attire as outlined by the OP!!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

that's just another example of the right hand not speaking to the left...

as right on their website..there SHOULD only be 2......

That said...i had 3 dresses on my 6 night (hey, you never know right) AND i DO like the selection of attire as outlined by the OP!!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

IMHO, 1 or 2 is ok, but they should enforce the dress code for the dining room on the other nights... No shorts, no ragged jeans, etc. Keep it nice, like an upscale restaurant.

Steve

Archived