New Suite Perk

dickinson

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I was just checking the list of the suite perks on the Princess web site and found this:

NEW! Complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening

Does that mean that my dh and I can go to either Sabatini's or the Crown Grill and not have to pay for it? If so, which is the more preferred restaurant?

Thanks.

I haven't heard of that one but we get the same perk when we use our AMEX platinum card and it has to be used the first night also. Wonder if they will allow us to come another night? - probably not

Did it just start?

Wow, just off a suite on the Crown Princess btb TA and then 12 day Med. It must be a brand new perk because it was never mentioned on either of the "embarkation" days nor was anything written anywhere. Would've loved a Crown Grill dinner instead of another "Sailaway Dinner" in the MDR.

SwissDave - that is exactly where I read it although I didn't get it as a flyer. We are sailing on the Golden in 2 weeks (yeah!!!). I thought I would print out the perks so I wouldn't forget them and saw it. I just went to Princess.com and put suite perks in the search field.

The flyer mentions priority embarkation at tender ports. Has anyone used that perk?

Yes. They give you a priority tender ticket. That means when you're ready to go ashore, just go to where the tenders are loading and get in line. You don't get to skip that line, but you don't have to go to a restaurant and get a tender ticket with everyone else.

The flyer mentions priority embarkation at tender ports. Has anyone used that perk?

It says "Priority embarkation and disembarkation at tender ports."

There are two ways to interopret this.

First way is that when you board the ship on day 1 (embarkation), you get priority boarding and then when you are in a tender port you get priority to disembark. This is the way it has worked for a long time.

Second way is that at tender ports you get tender priority for both disembarkation and embarkation. If that is true, it is different from how it has been in the past when priority does not apply when returning to the ship on a tender.

I suspect the first way still applies and the wording on the sheet is poor, but I could be wrong.

Yes. They give you a priority tender ticket. That means when you're ready to go ashore, just go to where the tenders are loading and get in line. You don't get to skip that line, but you don't have to go to a restaurant and get a tender ticket with everyone else.

Elites have tender priority too. They no longer give us prioity tender tickets. Now, the procedure is to join into the tender line where they're loading and show our "black cards".

It says "Priority embarkation and disembarkation at tender ports."

There are two ways to interopret this.

First way is that when you board the ship on day 1 (embarkation), you get priority boarding and then when you are in a tender port you get priority to disembark. This is the way it has worked for a long time.

Second way is that at tender ports you get tender priority for both disembarkation and embarkation. If that is true, it is different from how it has been in the past when priority does not apply when returning to the ship on a tender.

I suspect the first way still applies and the wording on the sheet is poor, but I could be wrong.

I'm sure that wording will be the cause of lots of arguments in the future when people demand to cut in the tender line for returning to the ship.

I spoke with a rep at Princess who hadn't heard of this so it must be verrry new. I think I'll call my travel agent during the week during business hours to see if they can find out when this starts and if it will apply to my cruise in 12 days. I sure hope so!!!!!

Wow, that's a really nice perk! I like the Crown Grill better than Sabatini's. But, it really depends on what type of food you like. As much as I like Italian food, I really love a good steak, baked potato, and side dishes paired with a nice wine.

We have a full suite on our upcoming Greek Isles cruise, and Princess rep told us that the new "no cover charge on embarkation night" was just being put into effect as of June 1, 2012.

We are looking forward to taking advantage of it, as we do like Crown Grill and Sabatinis.

I'm sure that wording will be the cause of lots of arguments in the future when people demand to cut in the tender line for returning to the ship.
I agree. Up until now, priority tendering has only meant you can get in line for the tenders without having to get a tender ticket, not that you could jump the line and push ahead of anyone else because you're "special." It has never included returning to the ship via tender because when you get to the tender area, everyone just gets in line. Maybe that has changed but if so, I don't think that's right even though I am Elite.

We have been getting this through our AMEX Platinum Card as well,but have found on every trip they were willing to let us pick the night. We just called and asked as soon as we got onboard.

When you get to your suite is there a list of the perks or do you just have to know what you are entitled to? I printed them out off of Princess' website but some things need more clarification. For example by request we can get canapés as an hors d'oerve. When do we order? On formal night we can get either chocolate dipped strawberries or individual chocolates. How do we request and when which we prefer (dh doesn't like strawberries)? We can make a reservation for anytime dining... how far in advance do we do this?

Thanks.

When you get to your suite is there a list of the perks or do you just have to know what you are entitled to? I printed them out off of Princess' website but some things need more clarification. For example by request we can get canapés as an hors d'oerve. When do we order? On formal night we can get either chocolate dipped strawberries or individual chocolates. How do we request and when which we prefer (dh doesn't like strawberries)? We can make a reservation for anytime dining... how far in advance do we do this?

Thanks.

There is a card to fill in that is left each day. For the first day they leave an assortment of canapés. Leave the card on the door handle when you go out to breakfast and steward will take it to room service.

I take the list of perks with me, just incase there is any question about what you are entitled to - but havent needed it yet.

Call the dine line to book table for first night if not doing the new free speciality dining. Then just make a standing booking for each night after.

Archived