Flight scheduling....

Good morning...looking for input on flight scheduling. We sail from long beach..and fly in and out from Phoenix. ( very short flight)
We arrive the same day we embark... ( I know this is taboo for some...but we have to.)
And we fly out the same day we disembark...
Southwest has about a million flights into LAX..I am just not sure the ideal time to fly in / fly out...
Thanks!

[quote name='hannahsmomtoo']Good morning...looking for input on flight scheduling. We sail from long beach..and fly in and out from Phoenix. ( very short flight)
We arrive the same day we embark... ( I know this is taboo for some...but we have to.)
Southwest has about a million flights into LAX..I am just not sure the ideal time to fly in / fly out...
Thanks![/quote]
[B]I would personally rather be hours early and less stressed. (flight delays...etc.). We always get the 6am flight if we do not fly in the day before.
As far as going home...try to get a flight after 12noon. (Just to be safe).
[/B]

Agree!!! fly in as early as possible...keep in mind, weather delays happen, human error, etc etc...and for your return flight, you never know what kind of weather you may encounter (?September, right?!?). Delays happen, medical evacuations delay ships, etc etc etc.

Better safe than sorry...I would go even later, like 3 pm, if you only have a short flight.

The first time we cruised on the Pride was out of Long Beach. We flew in from Las Vegas. We took an early flight and got to LAX after 9. The cab ride from LAX to the port was about 40-45 mins. I would suggest the early flight or maybe even flying into Long Beach if you can.

Agree with everyone about early in and I'd also plan mid afternoon (3ish) for outbound.

The thing to remember is it's only about 30 miles from LAX to the terminal BUT that is on I-405 which can be one of the MOST congested freeways ever. If there's a major traffic accident anywhere along the route your delays can be awful. Sadly experience talking here. It's taken me 4 hours to make the same trip in the past!!

[quote name='hannahsmomtoo']Good morning...looking for input on flight scheduling. We sail from long beach..and fly in and out from Phoenix. ( very short flight)
Thanks![/quote]

As you know there are multiple flights every hour from PHX to the LA area airports, and weather is rarely an issue. Pick an early time (don't do one of those gosh awful 6:00 a.m. things) between 8 and 9, even if it is canceled there are probably 10 more before noon. Coming back get one after about 11:30 to allow enough time to get to the airport.

It is amazing to read all the don't do it go early replies. the PHX - LA flight market is one of those where those things don't apply like they do most other places because of the always good weather and the dozens of daily flights between those two points. You could even take a noon flight from PHX and make the ship with no real problem.

Don't mean to Hijack the thread but I too have a question regarding flights.

We are cruising from Miami on a Saturday and are flying in from LAX- Los Angeles leaving Friday night
Will a 5:45 am scheduled flight arrival into Florida be ok?

This is our first time having to fly into a port and unfornutaley because of my schedule I cannot get into Florida a day before.

[quote name='zqvol']As you know there are multiple flights every hour from PHX to the LA area airports, and weather is rarely an issue. Pick an early time (don't do one of those gosh awful 6:00 a.m. things) between 8 and 9, even if it is canceled there are probably 10 more before noon. Coming back get one after about 11:30 to allow enough time to get to the airport.

It is amazing to read all the don't do it go early replies. the PHX - LA flight market is one of those where those things don't apply like they do most other places because of the always good weather and the dozens of daily flights between those two points. You could even take a noon flight from PHX and make the ship with no real problem.[/quote]

Glad you are familiar with my market... your post made me feel better...
There are something like 27 flights that morning... Thank you... I will be cautious but not overly crazy....
I appreciate all the responses!

Out of curiosity, I just checked to see what times Southwest offered on those dates.

Going to LAX, I would be on the 8:05 flight that lands 9:30 LA time. Period. By the time you get out of airport and on your way, figure an hour after you've landed just to be on the safe side.

Going home, the 1:55 flight is fine.

[quote name='Georgie562']Don't mean to Hijack the thread but I too have a question regarding flights.

We are cruising from Miami on a Saturday and are flying in from LAX- Los Angeles leaving Friday night
Will a 5:45 am scheduled flight arrival into Florida be ok?

This is our first time having to fly into a port and unfornutaley because of my schedule I cannot get into Florida a day before.[/quote]

You should be OK. Maybe but would plan on something to do AFTER you arrive because I do not know when they would be able to start taking your luggage. Hope you do not have any delays and your flight works out OK for you.

[quote name='Kevin T Brown']Out of curiosity, I just checked to see what times Southwest offered on those dates.

Going to LAX, I would be on the 8:05 flight that lands 9:30 LA time. Period. By the time you get out of airport and on your way, figure an hour after you've landed just to be on the safe side.

Going home, the 1:55 flight is fine.[/quote]

Thank you for taking the step and looking at the flights I appreciate it !!!!!!!!

[quote name='scrappy5901']We are flying in the evening before we leave but are going to try the ship transfer when we return. Anyone have any issues using this method to get back to the airport on time??[/quote]

You may want to start a new thread for this new topic....

Archived