Wow Calvin Klein Beautiful and Affordable

I have to say that I am so impressed with evening gowns that have come out from Calvin Klein over the last few years.

Many of the styles are very flattering on even short pear shaped ladies like me. I've even found some of them at Ross for under $50.

Here's the one I just bought in Red:

pCKI1-10622848v275.jpg

It is so hard to see the detailing in the black one, so you might want to visit the we page. Mine is red jersy and other than hemming fit perfectly.

Two years ago I tried on this one, but I really needed one size bigger:

pCKI1-11006987enh-z1.jpg

So I bought one similar to this instead:

pCKI1-10651551v275.jpg

It is a little greener in color and has a slightly different bust. I'll post a little thumbnail of the actual dress:

greendress.jpg.781fd065c4d250259c926b59c8ff63c5.jpg

My daughter, wants me to get a bib necklace to go with the new red one, which is the black one above.

Something like this:

03603412_zi_goldtone?$c7thumb$

what do you think?

You have to like the style necklace and look good wearing it. I dont look good wearing them. I dont think I would like it with this gowns neck, it looks like a boat neckline, close to the collarbone... Personally, I would wear a short necklace and nothing that lays on the gown..

I agree that bib necklace doesn't look quite right - but if it's close (length wise), would need to see the pieces together.

With the minimalist Calvin Klein styles, I prefer a chunky cuff and moderate earrings, no necklace. Personal preference:p

My daughter, wants me to get a bib necklace to go with the new red one, which is the black one above.

Something like this:

03603412_zi_goldtone?$c7thumb$

what do you think?

Very Holly Golightly, (did I spell that right - "Breakfast at TIffany's"), anyway I think it would look great on you.

audrey-hepburn-costume(1).jpg

I agree that bib necklace doesn't look quite right - but if it's close (length wise), would need to see the pieces together.

With the minimalist Calvin Klein styles, I prefer a chunky cuff and moderate earrings, no necklace. Personal preference:p

like-button.jpg

Very Holly Golightly, (did I spell that right - "Breakfast at TIffany's"), anyway I think it would look great on you.

audrey-hepburn-costume%281%29.jpg

Only if I can wear the Tiara too!!!! :D

Probably what I'll do is bring the dress with me. I was thinking something trendy rather than classic. And more chuncky than delicate.

This would be more classic, do you like this better:

1085791?wid=180&hei=180&op_sharpen=1

and this one more on the trendy side:

959033?wid=180&hei=180&op_sharpen=1

I like the second one... And may I add you have the figure to make that dress dynamite, and I agree that it is a clean classic minimalist look, but we add personality to what we wear.

So I chattered on to say... I can't wait to see what you choose!:D

The cruise isn't until March of next year. We are doing BTB 7 days with the teens over their Spring Break next year. I love formal night and because of the BTB we will have 4 over the 14 days.

I may not buy my necklace till closer to the cruise, but I am excited that I have 4 gowns to wear. I prefer a long gown to a shorter dress. I have the dark green one, and the black one above and I have bright turquoise dress and a new midnight blue empire style.

I'm taking my daughter to look at Dillards today because they have marked down their gowns to 65% off. She needs one more dress. Wish us luck.

Archived