All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

Got off the Breeze last weekend; it was our first cruise. I commented at dinner to our young adult kids that one of them should have ordered a certain item so that I could have had a taste. I didn't think any staff were anywhere near me. Within a few moments that item appeared on our table. My jaw literally dropped. That's never happened in any home-town restaurant I've been to. It was great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Am considering a New Years Eve cruise on the Breeze. Last sailed on the Dream in 2010, and I loved the layout of that ship. However, the Mrs. is concerned with the "cut backs" she has been hearing about with Carnival (family style dining, severe trimming of the menu (cold soups gone, etc.), increasing the number of tables each waitstaff serves, etc.). We've always loved the dining rooms and are a bit concerned about the cuts. She is also looking at some RCCL cruises about the same time, but the additional costs per person on the RCCL ships are giving us reason for pause. Are the cutbacks on Carnival not that big a deal or are they enough where we may want to consider looking at the RCCL cruise? Thanks for any insight!

I never thought to ask this before we went and I took a very heavy bag of quarters!! Seeing as we are Canadian it took me a while to get them all!!

LOL, I never thought about that. I've received a number of Canadian coins from change machines over the years. Sometimes they get mixed with USD coins.

• 1 month later...
Best thing is hitting the soft-serve on the way to pick up the younguns from Camp and then getting more on the way back to the room.

I was hitting that soft serve before breakfast! Turns out it is great for hangovers!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Am considering a New Years Eve cruise on the Breeze. Last sailed on the Dream in 2010, and I loved the layout of that ship. However, the Mrs. is concerned with the "cut backs" she has been hearing about with Carnival (family style dining, severe trimming of the menu (cold soups gone, etc.), increasing the number of tables each waitstaff serves, etc.). We've always loved the dining rooms and are a bit concerned about the cuts. She is also looking at some RCCL cruises about the same time, but the additional costs per person on the RCCL ships are giving us reason for pause. Are the cutbacks on Carnival not that big a deal or are they enough where we may want to consider looking at the RCCL cruise? Thanks for any insight!

If you decide to go on the Breeze for New Years Eve, join the roll call below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1864097

Just booked the Breeze sailing 8/10! Started looking at the pre-cruise documents on Carnival and one of the questions in the Camp Carnival section mentioned kids being allowed to swim alone. How deep are the pools on the Breeze and are they used for parties by kids in the 12-14 yr old clubs?

Thanks