IOS Hump vs Aft corner

I have reserved a hump cabin on deck 6. Today I saw that a corner aft cabin 9404 is available on IOS. Is it worth switching? (I have a courtesy hold) What are the pros and cons. Does anyone have a photo of the view?

:confused:

Hi,

Both are highly regarded, as you know.

Afts are awesome just a very long walk

on Royal ships to catch an elevator.

We have visited deck 7 corner aft for a while

on one cruise...but we prefer booking deck 6 hump

balconies for convenient location.

Some prefer the long, calorie burning, walk.

Should be a great time either way.

:cool:

I love the afts..however on the INDY (one of my favorite ships) there are steel structures to look past on the afts...I actually prefer the hump on this ship (#9638 another favorite) Enjoy !!

I love the afts..however on the INDY (one of my favorite ships) there are steel structures to look past on the afts...I actually prefer the hump on this ship (#9638 another favorite) Enjoy !!

I agree! I would take the hump for convenient location, and unobstructed view. The Aft cabins on Voyager/Freedom class ships have a lot of beams crisscrossing the view, and to us, it was like overlooking a construction zone (we had the corner aft on deck 10 and didn't care for it at all, even though the cabin was larger and the balcony was huge - that didn't make up for the obstructions)

The obstructed view is what I am worried about. I hear so much about aft cabins and thought it was a great opportunity to scoop it up, however, I love the hump location and view..... Decisions, decisions.

I prefer the convenience of the hump...just steps from the stairs and elevators. When you come and go from your cabin alot, it sure makes life eaiser! Those are some looooong hallways...not long enough to burn significant calories, but long enough to be a ROYAL pain in the ass! Take the hump....unless you're planning a party on your balcony, you'll have plenty of space and an easier life!

Everyone of us has their preferred rooms for reasons. Aft Cabins offer a huge balcony, Mid ship cabins closer to the central part of the ship and certain venues like dining, so it comes down to your personal preferance, and not which cabin is truely better. Although some cabins are better depending on whethere there is obstructed views or not. We personally stay in the mid ship area. I generally will go a hump if available or up to 10 rooms forward of the lifts but that is me. If we can't get a hump cabin then I go past the corner hump rather then being right next to it.

I hope you haven't made the final decision. The Aft is much better, less traffic, and so what if you have to walk 75 yards or more. It is great exercize after having big meals. Having said that, whatever you decide will work well - you will be cruising!

We will be trying out our first "corner aft" on Independence. We have had a "corner aft" on Serenade and loved it. I do know about all the steel bars around the Freedom class, but hope we will enjoy it anyways! We also were able to snag a corner aft for our Explorer cruise to Bermuda in October. This way, we will be able to compare the Radiance, Voyager and Freedom Class corner afts and decide for ourselves which we like better!

Thanks to all. I decided to give up the hump cabin on deck six for a corner aft on deck 9. Definitely worth a try. Either way, I know I won't be suffering. I probably can use the few extra steps of exercise to burn off ten calories or so.....

Thanks to all. I decided to give up the hump cabin on deck six for a corner aft on deck 9. Definitely worth a try. Either way, I know I won't be suffering. I probably can use the few extra steps of exercise to burn off ten calories or so.....

We have been in #9708 RFS on the INDY & LOS but didn't want to compare it to what you're considering (thought you were looking at the lower deck afts) as we have also been in #9638 hump's...So I'm also very familure with the view from aft deck #9...Enjoy !!!

I have stayed in 9406 which is next door a couple of years ago. 9404 has a nice large balcony and if I remember right it has one sunlounger on it (9406 had 2). The view is obstructed but its not too bad and you will still get the sun and but also have a little shelter if it happens to rain.

I will post a picture later of the view from 9406 so you can get an idea of the obstruction.

We have 9404 on the Freedom next month. All the photos I was able to find do not show any obstruction. I will post back when we return!

We have 9404 on the Freedom next month. All the photos I was able to find do not show any obstruction. I will post back when we return!

Correct...on that deck #9 you are high enough to not have it be a problem..even if there was since I was looking from a balcony of a RFS I was probably looking through "Rose Colored Glasses":D

One good thing about the Hump or a cabin near the hump is, if the side you are one is parked portside you will have a better view of watching the later comers trying to make it back to the ship before it leaves them behind.

Ashland, I am glad to see your post. We have #9638 on FOS in Nov. It will be our first hump cabin. And our first JS. We found a heck of a deal on the Indy 2 years ago for a GS. Probably our first & last GS ;) Otherwise, it's been balcony cabins for us

Hi we have just come back off the indy last sat and we had a aft cabin all i can say is you would love the big balcony and the views and no noise from people going past your cabin but you can hear the noise of the sea if you want to look at the views you can go on you tube and type in cabin 6412 independence of the seas that was our cabin see what you think hope this helps george:)

Thanks. I will. From what I have heard so far I think that I will definitey enjoy the bancony.

Archived