Well she struck again.

bobontheblue

The upgrade Fairy has been a busy again. This trip to Alaska on the Sapphire Princess will be a first on all accounts. We have never been to Alaska nor have we sailed on Princess. We booked a AD gty and have been upgraded to a AA. midship mini. We were well prepared to wait till the Sept 22 sail date, but this is great to know this far in advance. Thank you Princess we look forward to all you have to offer.:D

The upgrade Fairy has been a busy again. This trip to Alaska on the Sapphire Princess will be a first on all accounts. We have never been to Alaska nor have we sailed on Princess. We booked a AD gty and have been upgraded to a AA. midship mini. We were well prepared to wait till the Sept 22 sail date, but this is great to know this far in advance. Thank you Princess we look forward to all you have to offer.:D

Your AD mini suite was 100% covered, the AA one is 100% open to the cabins above. so many (me included would think twice about taking that "upgrade") No difference in cabin size, just up one deck (from Emerald to Dolphin)

No matter where your cabin is enjoy you sail, the Sapphire is a beautiful Ship.

Since the poster booked a guarantee, Princess was probably planning all along to put them in a Cat. AA. The people who book specific AD minis don't want to be upgraded and mark their bookings accordingly.

Are the catagory AD's covered on all ships or just certain ones? Is there an easy way to find out whether you have a covered, partially covered, or uncovered balcony? I'm in a BA hoping upon hopes to get upgraded to a mini, but I am in no way holding my breath on that one.

You sound genuinely pleased with this upgrade. I am sure it will meet your expectations and your cruise will be wonderful. Enjoy!!!

Since there are only a handful of AD cabins -verses a full deck of AA, AB and AC cabins, almost everyone who books an AD gets upgraded. Those who really want an AD cabin, often mark it as no-upgrade as they don't want to give up the covered mini suite deck.

Enjoy your cruise. You are basically moving from an aft location with a covered deck to a central location with an open deck.

Congrats on your upgrade. My choice would be midship/uncovered as well. Seems you knew what you were doing when you booked gty. My luck if I booked that way I would get exactly what I booked and I am not a fan of the Aft.

Thank you all for your happiness with our upgrade. We are pleased as we did NOT book a particular AD cabin as they were all sold out at the time of the booking. I took all your advice from this site and looked at all the options and knew we would be happy with any cabin in the mini suite cat. ALASKA open balcony luv in it. Not bad for a first time cruiser with Princess. Happy sailing everyone.:)

We loved our midship minisuite and had no problem with an uncovered balcony. The only issues would perhaps be rain, but that's what they make hooded jackets for!:). The extra sitting area in a minisuite, IMHO, more than makes up for any lack of overhang on the balcony. Enjoy!

Just back from the Diamond - had a mini suite (AC) and sat on the balcony more than any other cruise! The weather was beautiful and sunny all week, not a drop of rain!

The day we were at Glacier Bay the sun was right on us, it was down to short sleeve shirts (and we're from Florida so anything under 75 feels cold to us!)

You'll love your mini :)

I just want to say I'm JEALOUS!!!! Our sailing is the end of July on Sapphire to Alaska. We also booked a guarantee and I check my email and the website about 100X a day (well, maybe only 5-10 times..LOL). We still have not been assigned our cabin.

I know....it could be up until boarding. I have sailed 12 times before with 8 of them in guarantee cabins and I am generally always assigned within a week of booking, sometimes the next day. --Granted only once on Princess but also in a guarantee room. It is the anticipation. I'm happy with the category...I was not thrilled with the actual rooms (only 2 choices) in that category so I booked the guarantee hoping for the upgrade. While I will be fine with those two cabins, I'm still hoping for the better option!

OK..will..stop....obsessing!

Archived