Cigar Lounge on Freedom of the seas

It's so funny how someone asks a question about where they can smoke and all the non smokers have to jump in and tell how they don't like smoking.

The question wasn't "how many people like or dislike smoking"

I smoke and I always get a balcony room so I can go outside on my balcony and have a smoke when I feel like it. If it offends the neighbors "sorry" but smokers have so little rights as it is and very limited places to smoke. There are cruise lines that don't allow smoking on balconies I'd suggest to those that are offended to try one of those lines.

Last cruise I was on the cruise line had just started the no smoking in the sports bar, that bar was empty 90 percent of the cruise. See it seems to me that it's not really the fact that non smokers wanted to use this bar it was the fact that they just didn't want smokers to use it.

We use the lounge as a quick sneak in and out to the outdoors to get to the Helipad.

Never knew the purpose of lounge.

Happy that they provide this service.

The lounge actually looked nice, small but nice.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

• 7 months later...

I'm gonna bump this thread instead of starting a new one. Is the Connosieur Club still used as a cigar lounge on Freedom of the Seas? I'm sailing in a little bit and this is something that interests me. This is my first cruise so will my regular seapass get me into the CClub? Or do you have to have a gold card?

I'm gonna bump this thread instead of starting a new one. Is the Connosieur Club still used as a cigar lounge on Freedom of the Seas? I'm sailing in a little bit and this is something that interests me. This is my first cruise so will my regular seapass get me into the CClub? Or do you have to have a gold card?

The Connosieur Club is still the cigar lounge. You wont need your Seapass to enter the club......Only if you are buying a stick or ordering a drink.

Yes, it is still there. You just walk right in. There's no privilege to gold card holders for the CC.

The Connosieur Club is still the cigar lounge. You wont need your Seapass to enter the club......Only if you are buying a stick or ordering a drink.

Yes, it is still there. You just walk right in. There's no privilege to gold card holders for the CC.

Awesome thank you for the info! I can't wait for my E. Caribbean cruise on Freedom!

Awesome thank you for the info! I can't wait for my E. Caribbean cruise on Freedom!

I'm on that cruise too (week 2 of a back-to-back). I'll probably see you in the lounge.

Having been on several different ships, the original question is a good one for those of us who enjoy cigars. When I sailed Oasis, what they provided for cigar smokers was insufficient. I wish I had known in advance, so I could have prepared and set my expectations accordingly. I'm cool if there is no smoking, I just want to know in advance.

Enjoy your cruise! :) I was on the same cruise one year ago today. I absolutely LOVED Freedom of the Seas! What a wonderful ship and crew.

We missed Coco Cay because of rough seas but St Thomas was great and St Maarten was even better.

My BF is a cigar smoker and it looks like we will be on the June 9th sailing of Freedom. What kind of cigars are available for purchase? Can he buy Cubans on board?

No Cubans on board. He can but them in certian ports. We always bring our own stash and love the cc. We meet the best people there.

So where on the Oasis can you smoke a good cigar?

Deck 17 in the suite guests reserved area after 7:00 pm. It's an open air bar and you can't use it before unless you are a suite guest. There is also a smoking area port side near the pool that is supposed to be for cigarette smokers but there were cigar smokers there too. It's almost comical watching the faces of the unsuspecting nonsmokers that walk through there. It would make a great video. I've heard that Allure had a cigar night on the upper deck of the solarium but I never witnessed it and don't know if they do it on the Oasis. If they do, it should be posted in the Compass.

My BF is a cigar smoker and it looks like we will be on the June 9th sailing of Freedom. What kind of cigars are available for purchase? Can he buy Cubans on board?

If you're on the western itinerary, only buy your Cubans from La Casa del Habano. There's one in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Falmouth. The Falmouth store is right at the pier and brand new. Anywhere else chances are high they could be fakes. On the eastern, there's one in Marigold.

If you're on the western itinerary, only buy your Cubans from La Casa del Habano. There's one in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Falmouth. The Falmouth store is right at the pier and brand new. Anywhere else chances are high they could be fakes. On the eastern, there's one in Marigold.

Thanks! We will be on the western route, so there will be lots of places for him to pick them up.

I always enjoy the variety of people that come through the C-Club. I have met officers, a variety of nationalities and then on Mariner it was right next to the lounge where the Diamond event was held each evening, so even though I wasn't a Diamond I met many of them who came to the Club to have a cigarette. Earlier in the afternoon it is usually deserted and a nice place for a cigar and a quiet read.

Has anyone ever had issues bringing their own cigars on board? I've never been on a cruise before so this is all new to me. I'm probably going to pick up a few cigars in Orlando before I head to port. The people at the pier won't hastle me if I bring them in my carry on bag onto the boat?

Has anyone ever had issues bringing their own cigars on board? I've never been on a cruise before so this is all new to me. I'm probably going to pick up a few cigars in Orlando before I head to port. The people at the pier won't hastle me if I bring them in my carry on bag onto the boat?

I bought two hard case travel humidors and put them in my checked luggage. Never had a problem.

Same here. No problem at all bringing your own cigars on board. I bring my travel humidor which always stays in my carry-on. Security (airport or otherwise) has never asked about it, even when one of my earlier ones was a metal canister with a dial on it filled with dynamite-looking objects (cigars). Also, no problem bringing any cigars purchased on shore back onto the ship.

No problems here. FWIW, I fly so I make sure to put my cutter in my checked baggage.