Oak Room on Prinsendam

Steirisch

Hey Gail - the one nice thing about the Prinsendam is it does have some solo cabins:):) as I understand.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from - the memories would probably be too much:(

Smooth seas and following winds wherever you sail:)

Jacqui, you're half right. I've never figured out the solo cabins on the Prinsendam, as they're the most expensive. I just went on the HAL web site and checked prices for your transatlantic and my Amazon explorer:

These prices do include the single supplement for regular cabins:

Lowest inside ® 3,038 and 7,519

Solo inside (Q) 4,089 and 9,399

Lowest OV (G) 3,038 and 8,478

Best OV © 3,678 and 9,758

Solo OV (Q) 4,549 and 10,599

I've never understood that pricing but the solo cabins seem to be consistently more expensive than exclusive occupancy of a dual cabin.

Your crossing looks like a bargain and very attractive if it wasn't so close to my Pacific crossing on the Symphony.

Roy

Jacqui, you're half right. I've never figured out the solo cabins on the Prinsendam, as they're the most expensive. I just went on the HAL web site and checked prices for your transatlantic and my Amazon explorer:

These prices do include the single supplement for regular cabins:

Lowest inside ® 3,038 and 7,519

Solo inside (Q) 4,089 and 9,399

Lowest OV (G) 3,038 and 8,478

Best OV © 3,678 and 9,758

Solo OV (Q) 4,549 and 10,599

I've never understood that pricing but the solo cabins seem to be consistently more expensive than exclusive occupancy of a dual cabin.

Your crossing looks like a bargain and very attractive if it wasn't so close to my Pacific crossing on the Symphony.

Roy

Well better to be half right than half wrong;)

I know the Prinsendam can't beat the Symphony for you so I won't try to lure you = but the 31 day is a really, really nice itinerary and either segment isn't half bad either;)

It doesn't make sense about the solo pricing versus the occupancy of a dual cabin - really strange = but I don't do the bean counting for HAL - so what do I know?

Edited to say - Roy I hope I thanked you and Ruth for your help with our last Prinsendam cruise. if I didn't please forgive me. You two were a great help - thanks to you we sailed and are sailing again. May all your cruises be wonderful.

The help on these boards is always appreciated

Edited by kazu

Wasn't the Tropic Bar fun with old Frank? as you say, Ah Memories! :)

Oh, Frank Gusto! How I miss him every time I enter a Piano Bar.

Rest his soul.

"Never too busy to say 'hello'", and how he "piped" you to your seat, then picked up where he left off, without missing a note. I still have a bunch of his "funny money" that he would give if you could stump him on a song, or name an obscure tune he played.

Hey Gail - the one nice thing about the Prinsendam is it does have some solo cabins:):) as I understand.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from - the memories would probably be too much:(

Smooth seas and following winds wherever you sail:)

She's Sailing with us on Zuiderdam 11 May 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D Can we say Joanie is doing a HAPPY HAPPY DANCE????

Joanie

The Oak Room is a very pleasant but small room that is sort of an extension of the library. When we were on it 2 years ago, Frank Buckingham, the Port Lecturer, held forth there at a desk, so the room was often a bit noisy. However, other times, it is cozy…but small. No fireplace going anymore, and no smoking.

• 1 year later...

The Prinsendam is not Crystal. But in many ways it is a lot better, and other ways lacking. Best to take it for what it is and enjoy the itinerary and most likely far larger cabins. We had a Neptune Suite recently on the Prinsendam right next to the CrowsNest and were perfectly happy just moving between those two venues and the upper outdoor decks for the entire 28 days, with a few forays down to the Neptune Lounge and daily trips to the Pinnacle for BL or D. Loved it better than being cramped on the Crystal in an OV for pretty much the same price.

The OakRoom may have been a smoking room like found on the Crystal Symphony near the piano lounge, but is now merely an alcove and gathering area with living room ambiance near the Library and Coffee Cafe.

There are far more public spaces on the Prinsendam than we found on the Symphony. But the public space flow is a bit awkward to find them all, esp the aft deck pool area which requires penetrating the spa area and steps to reach it or searching for the mini elevator. It's worth it, but you may not even know where to look for it absent your deck plan map.

Edited by OlsSalt