Did anyone really enjoy falmouth

elou

Did the Chukka Beach excursion -- beautiful beach.
Did you book this before your cruise with a lunch for $49.00?? I thought I read somewhere that if you book on board you can book this same excursion w/out a lunch for $29.00.

Did you book this before your cruise with a lunch for $49.00?? I thought I read somewhere that if you book on board you can book this same excursion w/out a lunch for $29.00.

We booked onboard for about $25 without lunch. It was a great deal. The beach wasn't resort quality, but it was pretty and had plenty of chairs.

We're doing it again in December.

You can book onboard without lunch. I remember looking at both.

We also went to Chukka but we booked onboard (Freedom) and with the lunch. It was a good jerk chicken and salad. The beach was nice and we had 4 or 5 "guards". A couple were police officers. No one approached the beach area who wasn't supposed to be there, except a couple of dogs lol. It was our first trip to Jamaica and we enjoyed it. We love the Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee so we brought some back. I wish we'd bought more.

We booked onboard for about $25 without lunch. It was a great deal. The beach wasn't resort quality, but it was pretty and had plenty of chairs.

We're doing it again in December.

Great, thanks!:) Do you recall how long the ride is and what transportation was provided?

Great, thanks!:) Do you recall how long the ride is and what transportation was provided?

We went by minibus and it was about 15 minutes. Going we went through town for a "tour" if you can call it that, but returning we came straight back. They run return buses regularly starting at like 1. There are several groups there at one time since they have multiple start times.

We also went to Chukka but we booked onboard (Freedom) and with the lunch. It was a good jerk chicken and salad. The beach was nice and we had 4 or 5 "guards". A couple were police officers. No one approached the beach area who wasn't supposed to be there, except a couple of dogs lol. It was our first trip to Jamaica and we enjoyed it. We love the Blue Mountain Jamaican coffee so we brought some back. I wish we'd bought more.

We went by minibus and it was about 15 minutes. Going we went through town for a "tour" if you can call it that, but returning we came straight back. They run return buses regularly starting at like 1. There are several groups there at one time since they have multiple start times.
Thank you!:)

Are there any cool shops in the port area, or is it all the same stuff basically? Been to Ocho a ton of times.

Been there twice on Oasis, same stuff, you need to book an excursion.

Are there any cool shops in the port area, or is it all the same stuff basically? Been to Ocho a ton of times.

I do not shop. But, I did check it out with the DW.

Got some of the best Cuban cigars I ever had.

But, if you are a shopper, I think there is quite a bit there for you.

we wanted to explore the local area by foot .but the need for guards makes me think twice.does anyone have info about the outside of port area.

we wanted to explore the local area by foot .but the need for guards makes me think twice.does anyone have info about the outside of port area.

The port area is not like some that are "in town". We saw some people, when we were heading to the beach, who did go to the town area, but going outside the port isn't "touristy". It's pretty poor and from what I remember, not someplace I'd want to wander around in.

We went outside the gate and explored the local area, never encountered any issues. Purchased some rum from the local grocery store, was 1/4 the price of the port stores AND RCCL didn't even bother to "hold" it for me.:D

CC.jpg.2c8727a9e87f713d1fb6d9a34c9676fa.jpg

We also explored the town and went to Club Naz for Jamaican Food---Curried Goat, Jerk Chicken, Oxtail Stew, and Red Stripe Beer. A lot of other cruise passengers found this restaurant and had a good time.

Big Ray

Okay, I am already nervous about going to Jamaica every time I even think about doing a WC cruise. Now I am reading posts about "guards" and even saw someone's pictures posted that showed guards on the beach. That doesn't help. What is with the guards? Is Jamaica really THAT dangerous?

Well maybe we're not that picky, but our goal is to enjoy Falmouth when we go in November. We'll take a ship sponsored tour - thinking about the horse and buggy ride at Good Hope Estate. Maybe not the most exciting thing in the world but we'll be on vacation! It'll be fun!

Okay, I am already nervous about going to Jamaica every time I even think about doing a WC cruise. Now I am reading posts about "guards" and even saw someone's pictures posted that showed guards on the beach. That doesn't help. What is with the guards? Is Jamaica really THAT dangerous?

It can be. For the most part the guards are there to keep out vendors and other people from harassing the tourists. That said, Jamaica is not one of the islands where you want to go exploring by yourself. Your best bet is one of the organized excursions either with RCI or a reputable third party. You will find several recomendations/reviews on the Jamiaca board.

Archived