Beer on Crown Princess

JOHN 57

wewill be on the Crown Princess on 6 April 2013, and I was wondering. What beers does Princess serve and the prices. Thank you, John

G'day John, Princess also has Heineken, Fosters, Guinness, Dos Equis, Budweiser light and full strength, Bass Ale and a couple of others. prices $5 to $7 for the Fosters big oil can of beer.

As a Coeliac I now longer can drink beer but Princess also stocks Strongbow alcoholic cider which I consume on a hot day, well on a cold day too.

• 2 months later...

Glad to know they have Fosters beer on the Caribbean Princess? Was looking at one bar menu and did not have it on there but I have looked at several and not sure which one is current. Would anyone have a link to a current bar menu? I would think all the chips bar menus would be the same?

• 2 months later...

Princess rebid the beer contract last year and Fosters is no longer available (No loss for the Aussies). Stella on tap at some bars, Grolsch in 16 oz bottles, Newcastle, Corona (not beer) and standard Bud, etc.

Not inexpensive anymore. The 5 for 4 price on some labels is still the best buy but it's not available everywhere on the ship.

I wish Princess would offer some microbrews. Probably wouldn't be economically feasible, but I can dream can't I.....:):D:)

Bob

I know during the summer when they do the Alaskan sailing they do offer some micro brews mainly Alaskan beer not bad. I actually had it on te Island back in November they had some left over. They had the smoked Salmon and the Summer ale and both were good.

So you all are saying the Crown will be sailing from Texas without any Miller products? Man, Miller Lite is pretty much a staple around these parts. We're fine with drinking XX but, I imagine a lot of people are going to be unhappy.

My microbrewery-loving spouse is not happy about these choices, especially since he was recently spoiled on the Celebrity Millenium with the new Michael's Club onboard. It carries 60+ beers, many micro-brews. He had lots of choices of favorites and a few new ones to try.

We have a spring Coral cruise coming up-Fosters would have been ok-guess he will go with Grolsch as he usually does on Princess....oh, well. I may try the cider, tho.

So you all are saying the Crown will be sailing from Texas without any Miller products? Man, Miller Lite is pretty much a staple around these parts. We're fine with drinking XX but, I imagine a lot of people are going to be unhappy.

I agree! Surely Princess remembers the Texan market from the Grand being there??

A micro brew would be to die for ! Did a cruise on both Seabourn & Oceania last year,and not an ale to be found ! Had to settle for a Grolsch on Seabourn and Bud on Oceania. Funny thing is,the bartender on Oceania told me they had Sierra Nevada in the crews bar.

Does Princess serve any domestic (American) beers other than Bud and Bud Light? I'm a Coors / Miller guy. Not a big fan of Bud Light.

Has anyone been on the Crown since it came to Galveston who can update this thread?

We disembarked the Crown yesterday. Great cruise - so far my favorite!

The Husband and I did a bar crawl the last night, sampling a different beer in every bar. My favorite was the Bass and his was Boddington, which he loves, even at home. The Strongbow Cider was nice. We even tried a glass of wine in Vines and an after dinner liqueur in Adagio.

Beer prices ranged from $4-$8 with gratuity, and the wines were $7 and up. I don't remember if Miller was available, but several of our choices were not on the menu, so it might be there.

We learned quickly to share a beer at each bar and were able to check 13 bars off of our list, including the dining room. We "crawled" for over 6 hours, including dinner. It was a fun game!

Archived