Captain Circle members

Puttaround

I am taking a Caribbean cruise in November on the Caribbean Princess and was wondering if there is a Captain Circle Lounge ( similar to the diamond lounge on RCCL) for platinum members. We are sailing with friends that are platinum members but are not registered with Cruise Critic.

Each evening, there is a special lounge set up for Paltinum and Elite that has a drink of the day and some corresponding snacks. THe drinks are offered at a reduced price. On every ship, the location and time varies.

I am taking a Caribbean cruise in November on the Caribbean Princess and was wondering if there is a Captain Circle Lounge ( similar to the diamond lounge on RCCL) for platinum members. We are sailing with friends that are platinum members but are not registered with Cruise Critic.

The lounge is usually in a night club called "Skywalkers " . You'll only be able to go with a platinum , elite and someone in a suite. It isn't advertised anywhere except by a Invitation on boarding.

You do not have to be a member of Cruise Critic to attend a Captain Circle event. Any queries about Captain Circle just ask on board:)

No;, there is not a dedicated lounge. On the CB there will be $3.99 drink of the day in Skywalkers every night (not formal nights) between 5 and 7 and also snackies to accompany it. A small menu with this info will be in every Elite, Plat and Suite cabin.

This has nothing to do with Captain's Circle membership; only with Elite, Plat. status or suites.

No;, there is not a dedicated lounge. On the CB there will be $3.99 drink of the day in Skywalkers every night (not formal nights) between 5 and 7 and also snackies to accompany it. A small menu with this info will be in every Elite, Plat and Suite cabin.

This has nothing to do with Captain's Circle membership; only with Elite, Plat. status or suites.

I may have forgotten already, but isn't the $3.99 drink of the day available at all the bars?

I may have forgotten already, but isn't the $3.99 drink of the day available at all the bars?

No. That's Power Hour drinks and only at night at specified times. There is more than one drink choice. Some ships still doing it after 8:00 PM and others (like CB which I just got off) doing it from 9:00 to 11:00 PM.

On the CB, it's held in Skywalkers.

Since you're going on the CB, FYI:

when I was on it just a few weeks ago in Europe, they were off-loading old mattresses from Deck 8 and on-loading new ones in France. Wish they had made it to my deck (Aloha) because the bed was the lumpiest thing I have ever slept on.

I think over the summer, they will complete the switch-out and will have all new mattresses by the time the ship goes back to the Caribbean. Here is a picture of the old mattresses being off-loaded:

232323232%7Ffp5324%3B%3Enu%3D3239%3E%3B7%3A%3E47%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D354367835%3B327nu0mrj

We are platinum, and on the Sapphire in April, we did not receive any invitation or notice of any "happy hour". If your friends don't, perhaps they should ask someone. :)

There was a card left in your cabin. A small card. Perhaps you didn't notice it. Being Platinum, you already know that there's a two hour lounge setup in Skywalkers, or another venue on ship's w/o Skywalkers.

On the CB, it's held in Skywalkers.

Since you're going on the CB, FYI:

when I was on it just a few weeks ago in Europe, they were off-loading old mattresses from Deck 8 and on-loading new ones in France. Wish they had made it to my deck (Aloha) because the bed was the lumpiest thing I have ever slept on.

I think over the summer, they will complete the switch-out and will have all new mattresses by the time the ship goes back to the Caribbean. Here is a picture of the old mattresses being off-loaded:

232323232%7Ffp5324%3B%3Enu%3D3239%3E%3B7%3A%3E47%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D354367835%3B327nu0mrj

Maybe they where changing crew mattresses.

We are platinum, and on the Sapphire in April, we did not receive any invitation or notice of any "happy hour". If your friends don't, perhaps they should ask someone. :)

Specifically, the Captain's Circle host, who should have spares.

We are platinum, and on the Sapphire in April, we did not receive any invitation or notice of any "happy hour".
Don't worry. It's not you. I've received the "invitation" to the lounge only once out of all the cruises I've done since they started. I don't expect one any more.

We are platinum, and on the Sapphire in April, we did not receive any invitation or notice of any "happy hour".

It should have been included among the other mass of papers on the desk when you first get to the cabin. It is easy to overlook if you are not looking for it,

Archived