NCL OBC -on board credit free!! $100

vicnkojo

Just wanted to let folks know that I received my brochure in today's mail, with the letter dated July 19, 2012. Instead of calling the 866 # in the letter, I did contact my travel agent, who took the code from the letter and after putting me on hold for several minutes, came back and said it was applied to my account. I just checked myNCL.com and the $100 OBC is there. We booked in early June, 2012 for a cruise on the Epic on 1/5/2013. So just to let you know there is hope for someone with an existing booking! We recently went on our first NCL cruise in March, 2012, so we are not frequent cruisers with NCL.... yet!!

I hope my TA does that good when I get the brochure!

Does your letter that was enclosed with the book have a "Client ID" on it? My letter dated July 5, 2012 only has "BNCL-HSN and then a 10 digit number" up in the right hand corner (very small print) and nothing else......NCL is looking for a 9 digit number. I scanned in the letter to my TA but still no results.....

Sorry for the late response! I have a newborn, so free time is very limited :)

I gave the 10 digit number to the person I spoke to with Costco travel and she called NCL to figure out how to apply it. I am not sure what was said because I was just placed on hold. When she returned to the call, she said the credit had been applied.

I booked the breakaway in July and read about HSN OBC. Sent email to our Personal Cruise Planner on NCL after receiving my catalog and letter that took about 1 wk to get:). Gave my client id (very small print on right hand corner of letter) and asked for $100 HSN OBC. Received updated confirmation today. Thanks CC for helping me get an additional $100 OBC. No problems.

Thanks again,

:)

I emailed my online travel agent the other day after I had received my booklet (it took a couple of weeks to get). I sent her all of the information on the promotion. Today she emailed me a copy of the $100 OBC. (I booked this cruise last November and am past final payment) I am a happy cruiser tonight!

Just call the 866 number on the letter and asked if they could verify that OBC was posted to my lattitudes #. He confirmed, so I asked if it could be attached to my November reservation, which is almost at final payment since they could for a "friend of mine"-hey, we are all friends here! He transferred me to group sales, who immediately said yes!

Our TA was finally successful in getting the $100 obc applied to my upcoming December cruise after one of the NCL PCCs (recommended by someone on our roll call) confirmed that he was finally able to see the credit on my profile (it took over a week for the credit to show on my profile and I have yet to receive the brochure in the mail). I now see the $100 credit applied to our Dec. cruise which was booked before July, however my previous $50 obc that was showing for this cruise is no longer showing so will have to look into that. My reservation was not rebooked as the reservation number remains the same, my room and rate are the same. Not one step of this process has been easy as I could not even apply on the hsn website as their form wouldn't take Canadian addresses even though it stated applicable to Canadian residents; had to phone NCL to get them to manually apply for the brochure credit. Persistence seems to be paying off but I am not convinced the $100 is worth all the time and frustration....

Woohoo, I didn't have to work too hard for mine. I booked my cruise last month and final pmt was Aug. 3. It took 2-3 wks to get my brochure. They didn't even ask me for the tiny number at the top of letter! I studied this thread about an hr last night before calling the number that is open until midnight. Gave my res# to them and asked to check my OBC. She said I was under a group res (didn't know that), so she transferred me to Group dept. The group rep found my credit and applied it, no problem! I love getting an extra $100 for an hour of work.

Meanwhile, when my catalog hadn't arrived, I ordered two more. I had given a fake email so I was afraid it wasn't coming. So, we'll see if I get extra latitudes numbers. EEK...

I have 2 cruises scheduled next year with NCL. I was able to get the $100 OBC on 1 cruise that I booked directly with NCL. The other cruise I booked with a TA, I had her call and get the $100 OBC but the rep told her that the cruise had to be booked between 7/1/12 and 8/31/12. I told my rep that's not what the letter states, it says ENDING 8/31/12. She was no further help.

Anyway, has anyone received this $100 OBC on 2 booked cruises?

Ordered my booklet from HNS and it arrived on Tues. The letter did not have a code number anywhere, but it did have a barcode that my barcode reader at work was able to decipher. Emailed the number to my TA asking if the $100 could be applied to one of our upcoming cruises -

Epic rebooked a few weeks ago moving from Jan 2013 to Dec 2013

POA May 2013, or

Epic Sept. 2013.

She emailed back that $100 had been applied to the Epic cruise I had rebooked - "above and beyond" the credit of $225 I already had! And she told me to hang onto the email "just in case." Checked NCL account online last night and there was the $100 credit already posted on my account.

Easiest $100 I ever got:) With all that OBC, It should be a really great cruise:D

We did. We booked a quick 4 day on the Sky which was paid in full since we booked only a couple of weeks before sailing. A couple of days later I found out about the HSN promotion and applied on line for a brochure. I waited a week or so and no brochure yet. I called a few times and was denied because it was for new bookings only. This cruise was booked through a TA so I called them about it and the OBC was applied right away.

I also have a cruise in February which was booked the beginning of July. I called and the OBC was also applied immediately. For the February cruise, there are 7 other couples coming with us so after I was able to get our OBC applied I filled out the online form for the others. I waited a few days and called NCL and had their OBC applied as well. None of them have the brochures that I know of. I now have three brochures.

Ok, I called an NCL rep to ask if there was a $100 credit waiting for me in my file for our Gem cruise for Easter 2013. She dug around and finally said, "no, ma'am, the $100 HSN credit was applied to your Breakaway Thanksgiving 2013 cruise".

So ... you can only get one (1) $100 credit if you have multiple cruises booked.

Ok, I called an NCL rep to ask if there was a $100 credit waiting for me in my file for our Gem cruise for Easter 2013. She dug around and finally said, "no, ma'am, the $100 HSN credit was applied to your Breakaway Thanksgiving 2013 cruise".

So ... you can only get one (1) $100 credit if you have multiple cruises booked.

Not true...for us anyway. The $100 credit can be applied to each lattitude account. We used the credit attached to mine for our upcoming cruise and then the other $100 credit was applied to our cruise in 2013. ;)

"The $100 credit can be applied to each Latitude account."

Really? If each Latitude member is eligible, would my DH and I be able to use 2 coupons on the same cruise? That would be too good to be true.:)

That would be brilliant! Is it true????:eek:

Really? If each Latitude member is eligible, would my DH and I be able to use 2 coupons on the same cruise? That would be too good to be true.:)

Only if you book two cabins.....it's one per cabin.

Yup...too good to be true. Only one credit per cruise:mad:

It sounds like you and I are working with the same travel agent. My assigned agent sucked, and so I demanded to be changed. The new lady was awesome, but she left last week. Now I can barely get a call-back. Won't be booking with this TA again.

I guess I spoke to soon. I finally did get in touch with our new agent and spoke to her about this. She had had another person call her that morning so she took my client number and got the credit applied today.

As a point of reference, we booked a while ago, and had made final payment (though it wasn't quite due). We did not need to rebook (if we had we would have lost our kid's sail free saving).

I was just going to give up, but this thread made it seem so possible. :)

Another happy customer. I sent an E mail to my travel agent, with Client ID number, and Cruise confirmation, within 30 minutes I received an E mail back saying the $100.00 was on my NCL confirmation!

So anyone should be able to get the $100 OBC, even for existing reservations.

Sounds like I will be able to have another specialty dinner!

Got it finally!! I know I said I was giving up and I meant it, then I read how many others were still getting it, so I thought one more try (my 4th). I cruise early September, so I am well past final payment. I called this AM spoke to a rep that said no (for all the reasons we have heard before), when I pushed him he said he would have a supervisor call me before noon. Never heard from anyone, which annoyed me. I called late this afternoon and explained to the new rep what had happened this AM and asked if I could speak to a supervisor, that I would hold rather than take a call back. She came back onto the line within a few minutes and said they had applied it. I've received my e-mail already. BTW, she told me there was no notation that a supervisor was going to call me back, just that I had been told no. My advice, actually speak to a supervisor, don't let the PCC do it for you. Good luck to all.

I tried this...I received my brochure today thanks to this thread! Unfortunately we booked through a web agency and were given an OBC when we booked...I was told that they cannot be "stacked". Hm. I don't want to give up so I will try again tomorrow and see if I can get someone else. A little persistence has never hurt anyone, right??

A big thanks to the op and all who provided encouragement! Just made my call and at first was told it was for new bookings only but then I mentioned that the letter said bookings by 8/31 and she looked under my latitudes # and said the credit was there. Yahoo! :) It now shows up on my reservation when I log in!

I have called 7 times, the most recent being tonight. I spoke with a supervisor who refused to apply the credit to my Sept. 2012 cruise, and said if I wanted to apply it to my oct. 2013 cruise I'd need to cancel/rebook (which would ultimately cost more). She refused to give me the name of her Supervisor or anyone else I could speak with. She said the only thing I can do is write to the CEO. Unbelieveable - she just kept touting the official policy for new bookings only and says she can't speak to why anyone else has received the credit. I'm frustrated with this whole situation. I know it's only $100 bucks, but it's the principle of the thing that gets me.

I'm back!!

I have been trying to get this since I last posted...couldn't give up! After 4 phone calls to 4 different numbers, I learned my Latitudes accounts have indeed been merged together, although I never got an email. The last person I spoke with at NCL ALMOST applied it, but then said that my booking was paid in full and she couldn't do it. (???????). I was then advised to call the online booking agency (Travelocity) and reached an agent who wasn't too keen on helping me. I pushed him and he called NCL. After being on hold for 15 minutes....IT'S ADDED!!!!! I just did a happy victory dance!!

Archived