Booking question - Can I get the room that sleeps 4 for just 2 people?

nattie

I am looking into booking my next cruise and normally we get Caribe balcony with inside directly across from it or as close as possible. For the sailing I have in mind, the closest inside is a quad. When I try to book it for 2 people it shows unavailable, BUT if I try to book for 4 people in one room it shows up. Same for adjoining balcony rooms I have scoped out.

My questions is if and when the quads become available for two people per room booking.

Thank you in advance for any info.

I ran into the same thing for a January 2013 cruise on the Emerald. So I asked the future sales consultant about it on my cruise this past May. I was told that they do hold back some rooms that sleep more than two but he could override that right then and there if I wanted to book but also that they would also make them available as bookings progressed. I chose to go with my TA instead for the discount she gives me and in June many cabins became available. Probably the timing more than anything else but I think you will have better luck getting what you want if you speak to a person rather than using the on-line approach.

Good luck!

I am looking into booking my next cruise and normally we get Caribe balcony with inside directly across from it or as close as possible. For the sailing I have in mind, the closest inside is a quad. When I try to book it for 2 people it shows unavailable, BUT if I try to book for 4 people in one room it shows up. Same for adjoining balcony rooms I have scoped out.

My questions is if and when the quads become available for two people per room booking.

Thank you in advance for any info.

They may never become available for just 2, Princess consistantly sells out their cruises so they will need all the higher occupancy cabins.

Sometimes the quads/triples will open up for double bookings but there is no way to tell when.

The longer you wait the less availibility there will be of a location that you desire.

Cruises are capacity controlled.

They need the quad/triple cabins for just that reason. ;)

I think sometimes they hold them back so they can punish GTY bookings by assigning them at the last minute. Then two people get the cabin and get to spend glorious days on board bumping their heads and shoulders contsantly into these stick-out-from-the-wall-when-closed beds.

(Yes, I know on some ships they do not stick out from the walls. But they have when I have been assigned this type cabin.)

I'm a single with a quad cabin for Aug 15 to Alaska. I figure they will change me and am waiting for the call . I booked a little late online and that was what was available. The cruise is full so they should be switching people about now. I am wondering if I should just call them and get it over with.

get to spend glorious days on board bumping their heads and shoulders contsantly into these stick-out-from-the-wall-when-closed beds.

I cruise as a Solo; spent 30 days, on the Ruby, last October, in a "four sleeper".

T'was very awkward bumping into the Wall Beds.

After a few black/blue marks, I was very cautious.

Thank you for all the replies. I am looking for December 9 sailing on Ruby, but I am open on timing and also will consider Grand. I'll look again after final payment deadline and see what I can score. If I can't get the location I want, we will just look into different dates and itineraries.

I did actually email an agent requesting a quote on the rooms I wanted and could see as available. He said the quad is not available without any further explanation. Need new agent, I guess...

I think sometimes they hold them back so they can punish GTY bookings by assigning them at the last minute. Then two people get the cabin and get to spend glorious days on board bumping their heads and shoulders contsantly into these stick-out-from-the-wall-when-closed beds.

(Yes, I know on some ships they do not stick out from the walls. But they have when I have been assigned this type cabin.)

;) Totally been my experience when Iv booked GTY.

Of course sometimes the opposite happens--they'll have quad cabins available but won't book them as a quad because they've already reached capacity for that sailing. People here have posted of this problem in the past when they wanted to add an additional passenger or two to a cabin that could accommodate them.

I got one of those cabins last year(just my sister and I). And yes, I was thinking I could easily bump my head.

Of course sometimes the opposite happens--they'll have quad cabins available but won't book them as a quad because they've already reached capacity for that sailing. People here have posted of this problem in the past when they wanted to add an additional passenger or two to a cabin that could accommodate them.

I have had this happen with mini-suites. By definition, every mini can accomodate three people. But there are many times when a sailing is showing availability for a party of two in a mini, but when you try to book for three people, all the minis show up as "sold out". The cabins are certainly available. But they won't put three people in them.

;) Totally been my experience when Iv booked GTY.

I just got my GTY assigned today for my cruise in 1 1/2 weeks :) Besides no upgrade, I was assigned a quad cabin. Now that I think about it, last year we booked a GTY and were in a quad cabin as well. Fortunately, it is the Sapphire which I assume is the same style as the Diamond was last year. Those pullmans were flush with the ceiling.

The best was on RCI last Feb where i booked a GTY and was assigned a Handicap Accessible, talk about space!

My Princess Personal Cruise Vacation Planner told me that they try to not assign 2 people to a quad cabin until after final payment date. Then they will move people into them for upgrade purposes (ie. double inside to quad balcony).

My experience has been inside gty to inside quad.

Archived