Q-Sine or Normandy or both on Summit

Doylestown5518

If you had to choose - which specialty restaurant would you choose if any. I hear the MDR is so great why spend the money on the specialties. I'm a bit of a foodie and love pâté de foi gra which I noted on the Normandy menu. Thx::confused:

We did both last week. I enjoyed Normandie but I'm not sure I would do it again. I can get fine dining like that at home. I would do QSine again simply because it was so much fun and I can't do anything like it at home. Fine dining it is NOT. Fun dining.

I did the QSine and Uber Steak House on Millie...what is the name of that restaurant? Anyway, I enjoyed both, but QSine was far and away my favorite. I've heard people say QSine is better with a large group...well, there were only 3 of us, and it's still the experience we talk about.

I think it also depends on how many days your cruise is. If it's longer than 7 days, any restaurant gets boring, even Blu.

It's worth the little extra to get a different dining experience IMO. I loved Qsine, we ate there twice.

I opted to try both in two weeks. It's our first Celebrity cruise, and my son was unenthusiastic about taking a coat and tie this trip, so I figured we'd give both a try on the formal nights.

Generally, when I cruise, I tend to hit up the specialty dining and pass on the MDR, simply because I have issues in loud, large, chaotic environments, so I really don't do well in the MDR. We're in Aqua Class, so I'm also looking forward to Blu the other nights.

If I could do only one it would be the Normandie....hands down....in fact Qsine is my least favorite of all the X Specialty Restaurants....just did nothing for me except get me VERY full with pretty much mediocre food....the exception to this would be if I was with a large group of people...Qsine has the potential to be fun under those circumstances...but if it's just the two of you...the Normandie, which I think is the BEST Specialty Restaurant at sea....either way...enjoy!!!

Both - that's what we are doing in September (other nights in Blu). On our last Summit cruise we ate in Normandie 3 different times and never tired of it. We loved Qsine on Eclipse and expect the Summit iteration to be just as excellent!!!

In both cases, the food and service are exemplary and the price is a bargain compared to land restaurants of comparable quality.

I have photos of food from both in my reviews and albums

We did both on our cruise last month on the Summit (2 couples)

Qsine the first night, and The Normandie the last.

LOVED the concept and the fun of Qsine. The food presentation, the way things were cooked, and the endearing staff made it worth while! If you go, make sure you have the lava crab...it is delicious!

LOVED The Normandie. Again the staff was wonderful and everything we ordered from the appetizers to the lobster tail, filet mignon and the dessert crepes made tableside was fantastic!

I would do both if you could, but whatever you decide, enjoy it!

Definitely do both! They are both extremely different, but very nice dining experiences and a big step up (as well as change of pace) from the main dining room. Qsine is fun, whimsical and quirky whereas Normandie is an elegant fine dining experience. The MDR is adequate (and I am impressed with what they do considering that they churn out so many thousands of meals on a tiny budget), but if you are used to eating in nice restaurants on land you will find that the MDR falls well short of the experience the specialty restaurants provide and is more of a nice banquet hall type meal.

We booked Qsine for a group of 10 roll call members on sail away nite

( everyone got a 20% discount) and had such a great time did it again (( using a specialty restaurant credit provided by Celebrity) with our own group of 4 and it was even better...but even at $40pp it is still the best deal on the ship for a fun and filling dining experience

I would book in advance for Qsine To secure an early reservation time because it really is a lengthy dining experience, not one that would wish to embark on at 8 or 9 pm at night. We were there for 3 hours (9 courses and 2 bottles of wine later we rolled out of there very happy!!).

I was on the Summit in May. I went to both Normandie and Qsine. Both were very good. If I had to choose one, I'd pick Qsine. Qsine is a blast....a new concept with fantastic cuisine. If you have to choose, look at the menus and pick the one that suits you. Don't forget to visit Bistro on 5...best deal on the ship.

We did both on a recent Summit cruise. Qsine the first night, Normandie the last night (and our anniversary). Would do both again in a heartbeat. Qsine more fun, Normandie more elegant. The service was exceptational in both restaurants. Given we're from the NY/NJ area we didn't think the up charge was too much for what we got. In Qsine get the Sangria pitcher and it will last all dinner for 2 people.

Archived