How do we liven up this board?

Banditswife

Well, I have now checked in for my flights tomorrow and have boarding passes. Things are looking up.

Beth

will be thinking only positive thoughts for your cruisin' and sight seeing journey... stay safe and have fun - carol

Good morning. Up and about to shower and do final packing. I want to be on my way in two hours.

Some of us are beginning to be frustrated that Royal Caribbean hasn't kept us up to date with our cruise. There are daily updates on the website, but we've learned more from people on the Brilliance right now who are relaying what the captain is telling them. Nothing to be done now, but a letter to RCCL might be in order once I'm home.

Beth

hope Beth is ok - RCCl posted that the Brilliance is on schedule -

Hope Everyone has a nice weekend -- today I am a year older - yep, an Oldie Moldie Me...!!!ha!ha!

Hello to All --- carol

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y, CAROL!!!!

I hope you're having a great one. Any special plans?

hope Beth is ok - RCCl posted that the Brilliance is on schedule -

Hope Everyone has a nice weekend -- today I am a year older - yep, an Oldie Moldie Me...!!!ha!ha!

Hello to All --- carol

A BIG Happy Birthday!!! Hope you plan to celebrate ALL weekend! :D:D:D

Thank You all - been having a good day - had a nice dinner - specialty restaurant atmosphere at one of our local places here - THEN, we skipped dessert and went to Starbucks cuz my cousin sent me a gift card -- the special deal there is.... the card is one from Hawaii and has a Hawaiian scene on it - so we both had coffee and dessert....

THanks again!! oh -- I will celebrate all month- want to do it for the entire yr but that would be a little much... ha!ha!

Lynn - I am reading your 3rd book - the one about the pre-school kids... love it so far -

carol

Thank You all - been having a good day - had a nice dinner - specialty restaurant atmosphere at one of our local places here - THEN, we skipped dessert and went to Starbucks cuz my cousin sent me a gift card -- the special deal there is.... the card is one from Hawaii and has a Hawaiian scene on it - so we both had coffee and dessert....

THanks again!! oh -- I will celebrate all month- want to do it for the entire yr but that would be a little much... ha!ha!

Lynn - I am reading your 3rd book - the one about the pre-school kids... love it so far -

carol

What a nice surprise for me this morning to read your message! Thank you soooooo much, Carol!!!

just arrived in Boston one hour will be here a month. Still saying prayers got niece with leukemia. God speed chuck. Ps Ret from Hawaii on 29th

Hope to go on cruise early next year

Thank You for your prayers - unfortunately, the chemo for 7 straight days didn't work, Monday my cousin's doctor will talk to her about bone marrow procedure - appreciate your concern --

Have fun on your cruise - next yr is almost here!!! this yr has flown by so fast that your cruise will be here in no time!! carol

Thank You for your prayers - unfortunately, the chemo for 7 straight days didn't work, Monday my cousin's doctor will talk to her about bone marrow procedure - appreciate your concern --

Have fun on your cruise - next yr is almost here!!! this yr has flown by so fast that your cruise will be here in no time!! carol

Hi Carol

Sorry to hear about chemo. I hope bone marrow procedure works. Sandy caused some rain and wind in WNY, but no major damage. Isolated power outages due to downed trees. We lost internet and it was repaired yesterday--squirrels had eaten thru the wire.

Beth, I wish you a happy cruise. I hope it is not off topic to urge everyone to check yes on drivers license application to be an organ donor.

Two of my 3 grandchildren have Cystic Fibrosis, a genetic, incurable terminal disease of the lungs and pancreas. When their lungs fail, they will need a lung transplant or die.

I don't want this to be a downer. CF doctors tell my DD that there is very promising research and that there could be a cure in 5-10 yrs. They say that since Pat(now 5) and Julia(now 12) have been treated since birth, that will probably live longer than 37--median survival age.

Tom

Oh, Carol, I'm sooooo sorry to read that. I'll be praying for a successful bond marrow procedure.

Hi Carol,

My prayers will continue for you and your family.

Please, everyone get out and vote today; it is the right this country is based on!!

Have a good day all!! :D:D

Hi Carol,

My prayers will continue for you and your family.

Please, everyone get out and vote today; it is the right this country is based on!!

Have a good day all!! :D:D

I soooooo agree. I voted today!!!

I soooooo agree. I voted today!!!

voted too - a while back cuz we do the absentee forms - sooooo..... some were happy with the results and some were not happy with the results - can't please them all - but at least try to work together for the next 4 yrs so that Everyone will be happy and for Everyone's own good - carol

Just checking in to say hi; Hi!

Nothing really going here; it is going to be a quiet weekend. It is dreary outside so it fits.

The only thing I have planned is a jewelry party at my niece's home.

Hope all are good and have a great weekend. :D

Been a quiet weekend for me - at the tail end of my 'flu' -- finally, two nights of no coughing -- feeling so much better but still babying myself -

Beth is on her way home = that went by fast!

Carol

Hi Carol

Sorry to hear about chemo. I hope bone marrow procedure works. Sandy caused some rain and wind in WNY, but no major damage. Isolated power outages due to downed trees. We lost internet and it was repaired yesterday--squirrels had eaten thru the wire.

Beth, I wish you a happy cruise. I hope it is not off topic to urge everyone to check yes on drivers license application to be an organ donor.

Two of my 3 grandchildren have Cystic Fibrosis, a genetic, incurable terminal disease of the lungs and pancreas. When their lungs fail, they will need a lung transplant or die.

I don't want this to be a downer. CF doctors tell my DD that there is very promising research and that there could be a cure in 5-10 yrs. They say that since Pat(now 5) and Julia(now 12) have been treated since birth, that will probably live longer than 37--median survival age.

Tom

Great news about your Grandkids - I am sure research will find a cure faster -- will pray for that - ditto on the organ donations-- very important --- carol

Been a quiet weekend for me - at the tail end of my 'flu' -- finally, two nights of no coughing -- feeling so much better but still babying myself -

Beth is on her way home = that went by fast!

Carol

I'm sooooo glad to hear you're feeling better, Carol. It's really tough shaking the cough. I am FINALLY over mine, too. Here's to healthy days!!!

Lynn

I'm sooooo glad to hear you're feeling better, Carol. It's really tough shaking the cough. I am FINALLY over mine, too. Here's to healthy days!!!

Lynn

Thank You - I remember last yr, after my flu shot (again) I caught a cold while we were in Los Angeles - two days later, we flew to NJ to meet Patty and Gang for our cruise on the Silhouette - I was coughing for another 3 days and I felt so bad coughing at the dinner table - then at the shows -- I had my pockets stuffed with Ricola and other cough drops - at night I would cough until Narce figured out that he should leave the doors open to the balcony and like magic, my coughing Stopped!!! ah-- all I needed was some fresh tropical air!!!

Beth is due back from her cruise on the Brilliance - she had a great time --

carol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!!

AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE --

GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT CRUISE - WHAT A NICE PRE-BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION...

OH - i AM SURE IT WAS A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION AS WELL...

GLAD TO HAVE YOU HOME - NOW ONNNNNNNNNN TO YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE!!

CAROL

Hi everyone. Yes, I am home, and yes, today I am a year older. I've done absolutely nothing which is quite okay.

Carol, in the midst of being at sea, I missed your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you had a great day.

Some brief notes about the cruise:

• Cape Liberty's port had sustained some damage during Sandy, but the port folks managed to set up temporary quarters for check-in which worked just fine. Passengers from previous cruise were able to disembark, we embarked and sailed away right on time.
  • Seas were a bit choppy still as we headed south. The rocking and rolling lulled me to sleep.
  • Our Meet 'n Mingle had 147, and the staff did a good job. Our roll call sponsored several events on the three sea days - slot pull, cabin crawl, group lunch in the dining room, poker run. Mostly the same 20-30 people participated.
  • Quite a few people on board from NJ, NY and New England. Some of them still had no power when we left, so they headed to their cabins and showered as soon as they got on the ship.
  • Then four islands in four days: St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Tortola and St. Thomas. I took a private tour on St. Kitts that was excellent and a ship's tour on Tortola that was good. Stayed on board at St. Maarten and just walked around the port on St. Thomas.
  • Disembarked in San Juan, and I stayed 2 nights in a small, older hotel in the middle of Old San Juan. Not the best hotel but incredibly good staff and excellent location.

I still love the Brilliance, but she is showing her age. She goes into dry dock next spring for refurbishment and enhancements which will help.

There were also a few issues with crew members' attitudes. I was totally surprised. Didn't keep me from enjoying myself at all though.

Cruised with two of the women who have booked the Presidential Suite on the Freedom OTS next year. Fun to meet them in person and to see how well we got along.

Arrived home last night and am ready to go again, but it will be March before I do. I'm also glad to be home with my three kitty babies.

Beth