To Pub Crawl or Not to Pub Crawl That is my question??

Kris1979

Or go to the Smallest Bar in KW and really get to meet some people. SB in KW ( 2 seats) Yellow Awning and LYAO. If you are the first ones there get a drink and call-out the passersby to Join in.

Some just look at you like your Crazy ( well maybe a little), some join in and have a good time.

We personally do our own crawl, t-shirts you can get anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be doing the pub crawl in about a week! Like others have said, it will be nice to mingle with people from the ship and hopefully make some friends as KW is our first stop. It seems like a good deal, price wise (I am all about a free shirt!), and perfect for two early-twenty year olds who have never been. I will definitely let you know how it is when we get back!

I'll be doing the pub crawl in about a week! Like others have said, it will be nice to mingle with people from the ship and hopefully make some friends as KW is our first stop. It seems like a good deal, price wise (I am all about a free shirt!), and perfect for two early-twenty year olds who have never been. I will definitely let you know how it is when we get back!

Have fun!!! and you better come back with a report..... or ELSE :eek: :p

LOL I think this is the one excursion hubby and I have decided we are definitly going to do, since it is just the two of us ( possibly a daughter or two depending on thier financial status at cruise time :p) Normally we cruise with 10 of our closest friends, but this year we all booked different cruises :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

To answer the question - DEFINITELY! We went on the Pub Crawl last Tuesday and it was definitely one of the highlights of the cruise. We got off the boat and walked around the port for a little bit and then headed back near the dock to meet up with the others. They gave out the shirts. Don't have a picture of mine, but i've attached the graphic. It is on the front and it is huge and colorful. Almost worth the $40 on the shirt alone!

We were broken into 3 groups and our tour guide was Jo. She was fabulous. She'd stop us before we got to the bar, tell us what we could get (beer, what their special was, etc). She also would point out certain places along the way which was nice. The bars we went to were (please correct me if i'm wrong in the names!) The Lazy Gecko, something about a tree that was directly across the street, Flying Monkey (AMAZING frozen drinks - had 2!), some bar near the Harbor, then ended at Rick's which was next to the treehouse bar. There was a conch blowing contest after the 4th bar which was hilarious and fun. We also took a group picture at this time. I've attached our group picture too. We got 2 for $20, but it's a nice memory to have. The photographer said to make a funny face, so i don't know if she made a pose or it was all the alcohol but it's interesting that we're all making the same face, haha.

I know a lot of people say you can do your own, which obviously you can, but for $40, to have 5 included drinks and a t-shirt, I think it's a great deal! If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

666123041_PubCrawlPhoto.jpg.2142aa1605aeb622cd7eb86b1969098e.jpg

1175309726_PUBCRAWL.jpg.e44b9b0f229a51af493b73d38ab33d1a.jpg

Cruising of the Conquest in December and trying to figure out if we should the Pub Crawl offered as an excursion or see KW on our own and make our own little pub crawl out of our day. Ideas or thoughts???

Not sure what you have decided, but we did it on our own twice. Had a blast both times. Do not miss Irish Kevin's-- it was our favorite place both times. The green alligators are yummy and pack a punch.

Have fun in Key West.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anybody done the crawl with an under age guest? My son is only 19 and doesn't drink (that will change at Senor Frogs in Nassau though! :D), but this sounds fun. Can he come along? Would he pay the same price?

Greetings

If you purchase the tour through the cruise line they will probably have age restrictions and not sell the tour ticket for use by a minor. Also there may be a problem with a minor "tagging along" since it is illegal in Florida for a minor to be at a bar. They are allowed at tables when accompanied by adults, but not at the bar. In Key West a minor hanging near the bar with his parents may be overlooked, but you never know.

Good Sailing

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody done the crawl with an under age guest? My son is only 19 and doesn't drink (that will change at Senor Frogs in Nassau though! :D), but this sounds fun. Can he come along? Would he pay the same price?

http://www.keywestwalkingtours.com/

This info is from their official web page Q&A.

Q: Are there any age restrictions for your tours?

A: There are no age restrictions for the Taste of Key West tour. The legal drinking age in the State of Florida is 21; therefore you must be 21 years of age to purchase a ticket for the Pub Crawl.

Q: What is your reservation/cancellation policy?

A: You must be at least 21 years of age to participate. Tours will run rain or shine. Voucher is valid for redemption only. It is non-transferable, has no cash value, and may be redeemed only once. Key West Promotions, Inc. will not refund any unused or partially used tickets. No refund for no-shows. A full refund is given if Key West Promotions must cancel a tour. Customers may cancel with a full refund with a minimum of 48 hours advance notice. Cancellations within 48 hours are non-refundable; however, they may be transferred to another date if space is available.

• 3 weeks later...

Just did the Pub Crawl excursion in Key West on 11/6 and we really enjoyed our guide ( Beau) However, the drinks that come with the crawl were not the best. They even had smaller cups for the crawlers. In Rick's I ordered a Bud light and he serverd it to me in a Pespi cup maybe 8oz. This didn't ruin our crawl, however rest your mind if you think you will get hammered on this excursion! :D

Just did the Pub Crawl excursion in Key West on 11/6 and we really enjoyed our guide ( Beau) However, the drinks that come with the crawl were not the best. They even had smaller cups for the crawlers. In Rick's I ordered a Bud light and he serverd it to me in a Pespi cup maybe 8oz. This didn't ruin our crawl, however rest your mind if you think you will get hammered on this excursion! :D

Thanks, in a way its good to know we wont be getting hammered :p How do the T_shirts look :D

• 2 weeks later...
To answer the question - DEFINITELY! We went on the Pub Crawl last Tuesday and it was definitely one of the highlights of the cruise. We got off the boat and walked around the port for a little bit and then headed back near the dock to meet up with the others. They gave out the shirts. Don't have a picture of mine, but i've attached the graphic. It is on the front and it is huge and colorful. Almost worth the $40 on the shirt alone!

We were broken into 3 groups and our tour guide was Jo. She was fabulous. She'd stop us before we got to the bar, tell us what we could get (beer, what their special was, etc). She also would point out certain places along the way which was nice. The bars we went to were (please correct me if i'm wrong in the names!) The Lazy Gecko, something about a tree that was directly across the street, Flying Monkey (AMAZING frozen drinks - had 2!), some bar near the Harbor, then ended at Rick's which was next to the treehouse bar. There was a conch blowing contest after the 4th bar which was hilarious and fun. We also took a group picture at this time. I've attached our group picture too. We got 2 for $20, but it's a nice memory to have. The photographer said to make a funny face, so i don't know if she made a pose or it was all the alcohol but it's interesting that we're all making the same face, haha.

I know a lot of people say you can do your own, which obviously you can, but for $40, to have 5 included drinks and a t-shirt, I think it's a great deal! If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

How many bars in all do you go to? This will be our 3rd time in Key West and we haven't done this or the trolley tour yet and was considering doing both.

My friend and I debated about doing this--Key West is our last stop and we will be in port for 8 hours--we felt we could pace ourselves better hitting many of the featured bars without the time restrictions of the crawl--the tshirt is quite nice though

• 1 month later...

I just booked the Pub Crawl for our cruise on the Ecstasy in two weeks. We have been to Key West several times, both by boat and car and this will be our first Pub Crawl! We are excited since our ship arrives at noon and we will still be able to enjoy Key West at Sunset in Mallory Square after the crawl. I will make sure to give a full report when we return.

I just booked the Pub Crawl for our cruise on the Ecstasy in two weeks. We have been to Key West several times, both by boat and car and this will be our first Pub Crawl! We are excited since our ship arrives at noon and we will still be able to enjoy Key West at Sunset in Mallory Square after the crawl. I will make sure to give a full report when we return.

I just booked the crawl today for our cruise in Feb. I will be looking for your full report :D and if possible a picture of the t-shirt, they might be different than those posted from last year.

has anyone tried to book directly with the company? i thought last year i booked through them but their website is saying book through CCL, which is $40p/p....i think the price went up from last year as well. still gonna do it just trying to save a buck if i can LOL

Went on the Pub Crawl in Oct with friends. Not a big drinker but the Flying Monkey frozen drinks were wonderful, mixed two together and had a dirty banana! Yum, Yum will be going there on my own is 4 weeks. They also had one that is supposed to be like m'shine, a lot of people got that.

Went on the Pub Crawl in Oct with friends. Not a big drinker but the Flying Monkey frozen drinks were wonderful, mixed two together and had a dirty banana! Yum, Yum will be going there on my own is 4 weeks. They also had one that is supposed to be like m'shine, a lot of people got that.

Hi Anamanxs,

Were the T-shirts the same as what is posted in this thread?

DW and I, along with a couple of friends will be doing the Pub Crawl next Tuesday coming into Key West on Carnival Magic. Will try to remember to post some pics and comments when we return.

Pete

That would be awesome thanks, and have a great time!!

Archived