**PICTURES** Revitalized Rhapsody of the Seas

Wow, great photos. The ship looks stunning. Reminds me more of Celebrity decor. Is RCI revitalizing all of their older ships? If so, anyone know what their schedule is to do this?

The schedule for the revitalization plan is:

Already completed: Radiance, Splendour, Liberty, Freedom, Grandeur, Rhapsody, Mariner

Future: Serenade- 12/4/2012, Enchantment- 12/16/2012, Legend- 2/7/2013,

Independence- 5/3/2013, Brilliance- 5/14/2013, Vision- 10/23/2013, Navigator- 12/2/2013, Adventure- 2/3/2014, Voyager- 5/28/2014, Explorer 12/22/2014, Jewel- 5/1/2016

Wow as I was typing away asking for pics of Radiance/Rhapsody family OV cabins... look what appears... I swear I searched and nothing useful came up... do you have any other pics of the Family OV's... like a wide shot of the whole room?

THANK YOU!

Edited by Beth C

Wow as I was typing away asking for pics of Radiance/Rhapsody family OV cabins... look what appears... I swear I searched and nothing useful came up... do you have any other pics of the Family OV's... like a wide shot of the whole room?

THANK YOU!

It was very hard to get a wide shot of the whole FO room as it was a bit chopped up.

THANK YOU!

Beth-- apparently a few pics didn't upload to Webshots... Here's the full Family Oceanview- Cat FO--- this is cabin # 4032

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

These cabins are actually larger ( longer ) than the other oceanviews, but have a different configuration with the bed parallel to the window.

That's good to know, thanks.

My beautiful waterfall under the centrum stairs is gone...boohoo:(

But she does look gorgeous...wow, how much do you think they spent, it almost looks like a different ship throughout. I remembered some of the leather couches like in Schooner Bar look the same but almost everything else is brand new.

Wow, great photos. The ship looks stunning. Reminds me more of Celebrity decor. Is RCI revitalizing all of their older ships? If so, anyone know what their schedule is to do this?

Here's the flyer with all of the dates and exact changes expected. Some of the changes will likely be adjusted as they see what works and what doesn't.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf?cid=int_0082

I attened a ship tour and lunch onboard Rhapsody and since there seem to be so few of the ship post- revitalization, I took over 100 picture of all public areas, cabins and suites... enjoy.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/583175796LwpqjL?vhost=travel

You might want to go back and check the labels on some of your pictures. I know in at least one of them a grand suite is labeled as a owner's suite. Or maybe you've fixed it by now. I questioned another one or two although I don't remember which ones.

Gina

Great pictures!

For anyone who knows, will all of the Vision class ships see similar re-designs?

We've never been on the Rhapsody before, but just having sailed the Enchantment- it appears that 2 major changes in the Centrum area- a total redesign of the stairs going to deck 4, and then a glass roof.

Are those new, or can we expect similar changes on other Visions ships?

Now I'm even more excited about our trip in February!!!

My beautiful waterfall under the centrum stairs is gone...boohoo:(

But she does look gorgeous...wow, how much do you think they spent, it almost looks like a different ship throughout. I remembered some of the leather couches like in Schooner Bar look the same but almost everything else is brand new.

According to RCCL-- they spent $54 million on Rhapsody

Great pictures!

For anyone who knows, will all of the Vision class ships see similar re-designs?

We've never been on the Rhapsody before, but just having sailed the Enchantment- it appears that 2 major changes in the Centrum area- a total redesign of the stairs going to deck 4, and then a glass roof.

Are those new, or can we expect similar changes on other Visions ships?

Now I'm even more excited about our trip in February!!!

All of the Vision ships should have a similar design in the Centrum. They mainly took away the stairs around the Centrum's upper levels.. now the only way to travel between decks is to use the main stairwell. The glass roof was always there. The redesigned the main Centrum stairs between the elevators, added a stage for the band and carpeted over the area. The Champagne Bar was opened up to make the R Bar, and a lof of the light marble was replaced with the silver/gray scroll pattern around the different levels.... the Centrum is the most dramatic change in the whole ship-- very dark now, and I'm sure it will look even better at night all lit up.

All of the Vision ships should have a similar design in the Centrum. They mainly took away the stairs around the Centrum's upper levels.. now the only way to travel between decks is to use the main stairwell. The glass roof was always there. The redesigned the main Centrum stairs between the elevators, added a stage for the band and carpeted over the area. The Champagne Bar was opened up to make the R Bar, and a lof of the light marble was replaced with the silver/gray scroll pattern around the different levels.... the Centrum is the most dramatic change in the whole ship-- very dark now, and I'm sure it will look even better at night all lit up.

I really like how the Centrum is laid out in your photos- the set up we had was kind of broken up with a bunch of smaller areas, but it was hard to really use as "private" areas- especially with the big events they did.

With what you posted, the big band night will be awesome! And can incorporate the bar area much better layout, it appears.

Thanks, again, for the pictures.

Great photos!!! Such a tease before we are on the Rhapsody Aug 23.....thanks for sharing!!!

I seriously hope you mean Aug 24th, or I'm in trouble! (We also need only ONE more person to sign up for the meet & greet, if you haven't already. Here is the link to our forum about this cruise)

These are great pictures, thank you so much! We are leaving on my first (husband's third) cruise in 25 days on this beautiful ship in a balcony for our 10th anniversary. We are counting the days!

The schedule for the revitalization plan is:

Already completed: Radiance, Splendour, Liberty, Freedom, Grandeur, Rhapsody, Mariner

Future: Serenade- 12/4/2012, Enchantment- 12/16/2012, Legend- 2/7/2013,

Independence- 5/3/2013, Brilliance- 5/14/2013, Vision- 10/23/2013, Navigator- 12/2/2013, Adventure- 2/3/2014, Voyager- 5/28/2014, Explorer 12/22/2014, Jewel- 5/1/2016

Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the pictures. I am looking at the 13 night Hawaii cruise on the Rhapsody (love the itinerary!) and the price of the balcony cabins is a bit pricey. I was struck by your pictures of the Category F cabins. I priced them on the RCI website and the price was more my speed. However, they are listed as "accessible" rooms. Can anyone book those or are they reserved for the handicapped? They do not show the wheelchair icon like the other accessible rooms, just on the description.:confused: ....and will I be happy without a balcony?!?:eek:

Those are the new Category F.. standard oceanview without balcony. These cabins were built on decks 7 & 8 where the library and Crown and Anchor study used to be.

Do you know the cabin numbers of these are? My TA does not know - tried to get me into a Category F on Deck 2 (handicapped room)! I think they are cabins 7082 - 7088 & 7582 - 7588 on Deck 7 and 8042 - 8048, 8542-8548 but I am not sure.:confused:

• 4 months later...
I attened a ship tour and lunch onboard Rhapsody and since there seem to be so few of the ship post- revitalization, I took over 100 picture of all public areas, cabins and suites... enjoy.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/583175796LwpqjL?vhost=travel

Where Have the photos Gone ? web sit says its closed

• 2 weeks later...