Ladies, tell me about the shampoo

mrsd912

DON'T WASH YOUR HAIR IN THE SHOWER!!

It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO THAT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight!

Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads: "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE"

PROBLEM SOLVED!! ;)

Argh! So that's what I've been doing wrong!!

I have crazy curly hair and it's picky when it comes to products so I bring everything I use from home. I do like to clarify one a wk so I tried the shampoo and it really dried my hair out. No question I was bringing my own conditioner (which i'm really more picky about anyway), but was really glad I brought my shampoo. DH noticed it made his scalp a little dry but he was okay with it.

My hair is colored too(of course, joke of the trade....NEVER trust a hairdresser that doesn't have colored hair....LOL:D) and it won't strip the color any more than a regular shampooing does anyway.....and some may need the conditioner for sure, but mine is so fine, that conditioners weigh it down and causes it to be flat, so I only use a small dab of a professional hair silk on mine after shampooing

What is professional hair silk? I too have fine, curly, colored hair, and am looking for something to use on my hair to let it just go curly, but not crunchy, while on the cruise. It usually curls better when it's humid, which I'm sure it will be.

DON'T WASH YOUR HAIR IN THE SHOWER!!

It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO THAT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight!

Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads: "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE"

PROBLEM SOLVED!! ;)

I'm so glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth when I read this.

Thanks for the Saturday morning laugh.

We all thought the shampoo was fine. It does not lather as much as my own brand, which is much better for your hair and the environment. I would like to know what kind they use. We brought our own conditioner. The in room hair dryer worked very well also. My hair looked better than it does at home! No dryness or friz.

I know Carnival supplies shampoo, but how decent is it?

I already planned on bringing conditioner, so that's a no brainer, but if the shampoo isn't bad then I can save a little space in my suitcase.

I don't mind the shampoo. Just bring a good conditioner. The less I have to pack the better. If you dont like the shampoo, just pick one up in the ports.:)

The shampoo on board is o.k. for my husband's hair, but I feel it's too harsh for mine. Also, my hair is color-treated, and as much as that costs, I'm not taking a chance on it stripping the color! So I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. My hairdresser gives me multiple sample sizes, so they don't take up much room in the suitcase. The body wash I use, and like.

I already planned on bringing conditioner, so that's a no brainer, but if the shampoo isn't bad then I can save a little space in my suitcase.

I think it depends. for me it works fine, but I have very thick and healthy hair. So for shampooing, simply washing hair, it is fine for me, and you already know to bring conditioner. I would also bring any other hair product that you reguarly use, ie gel, or any product for curly, body, or straighting, anti friz etc. But for me the shampoo works fine, so once less bottle to bring along, and also I like the shower gel. just bring any products you cant do without. Have a great cruise:)

Personally, I found both the shampoo and body wash to be just fine. Of course I am not picky about my shampoo, but still I felt perfectly clean coming from the shower. :-)

I have very fine, dry, straight, color-treated (color and high lights) hair, and my daughters both have naturally wavy, thick, oily hair. We all thought the ship shampoo was fine. My daughters both use conditioner we brought with us, and I use a professional grade hair silk. We all love the shower gel. :) I would suggest bringing one of those poufy balls - I forgot mine this last cruise, and the shower gel doesn't lather as well with a washcloth.

Edited by San_Antonio_Ex

Personally, I never use shampoo. Not on the ship; not at home. I realized I was stripping all the moisture out of my hair with shampoo, then using 2 conditioners and 3 serums to add it back in. (I have wavy hair, so it's naturally dry.) And, no. I don't use the stuff on the infomercial. Just a moisturizing conditioner found in any grocery store, and lots of (yummy, feel good) head massaging.

I found the shampoo to be fine. Would I use it everyday at home? No. But for a week it was perfectly OK.

There are so many different types of hair that no one can tell you what will happen to your hair if you use it, just because it had a certain effect on their hair, so it really depends. For my hair, conditioner is more important, so I'm good with the shampoo provided.

• 4 years later...

Ok, To bring or not to bring! I have some THICK hair and my girls have normal straight hair for being 10 but I'm thinking our issue is we're going to be in water probably most the time. It looks like the activity level might be the common denominator here. Anyone? I need some help here. I've not experienced Saltwater nor the ships water 🤔

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

If you're not experienced with how the shampoo on the ship works with yours or your daughters' hair, I'd suggest bringing your own... if you don't need it, no harm. But if you try the ship's shampoo and don't like it, you'll have a backup.

I personally don't mind it, but always bring my own conditioner. I also bring my own body wash, personal preference only. DH uses both provided by Carnival and doesn't mind them.

The water on the ship is softened (not salt) and if you're not used to that it can feel like you're not able to wash the soap off... and your hair may react a bit differently as well...

Ok, To bring or not to bring! I have some THICK hair and my girls have normal straight hair for being 10 but I'm thinking our issue is we're going to be in water probably most the time. It looks like the activity level might be the common denominator here. Anyone? I need some help here. I've not experienced Saltwater nor the ships water 🤔

Do you use the shampoo provided in hotels you stay in? If so and it works well for you, you'll probably be fine with the shampoo provided by the ship. But if you stay away from hotel shampoo, stay away from this, too.

I have hotel bottles of shampoo and conditioner that I bring along, although I have used Carnival's brand too; it worked out fine. We just came off the Carnival Pride, and DH always uses the Carnival shampoo and it works for him.

Bring your own.

I've started using shampoo bars when traveling now- go check out lush.com and take a look at their shampoo bars. Takes up very little space when packing (it is about the size of a pack of gum) and they have different types (for dry hair, oily hair, etc). They last approx. 2 or 3 months so it is worth it IMO. I still pack a leave in conditioner to keep the frizzies in check.

And I like the body wash provided in the cabins, but my DD has dry skin/eczema so I'll pack some aveeno for her.