2014 Australia/New Zealand Cruisetour

RLP

Hello Everyone :-)

I am trying to decide which cruise tour to book for 2014 and am leaning heavily toward the Diamond Princess, departing Auckland 16 January, 2014. Has anyone done the Australian itinerary? We have cruised 15 times but have never done a cruisetour. Thoughts?

Robin

Hello Everyone :-)

I am trying to decide which cruise tour to book for 2014 and am leaning heavily toward the Diamond Princess, departing Auckland 16 January, 2014. Has anyone done the Australian itinerary? We have cruised 15 times but have never done a cruisetour. Thoughts?

Robin

I require more info prior to answering on the Aussie content. The cruise tours elsewhere seem to be of good quality, will be doing one in china later this year.:D

Hi Robin,

I am with Mic and we need better and further particulars. I have done the Diamond Princess in both directions, as well as round trips out of Sydney and Melbourne.

They are all around the 13-14 day mark, main difference is the Diamond incorporates Hobart in Tasmania whereas the others usually don't.

Robin,

We did a 13 night New Zealand - Australia on the Diamond early this year. It was fabulous and I haven't found a better itinerary from anyone else. Definitely recommend Diamond Princess.

I would be interested also in hearing from someone that has actually gone on one of these cruisetours. Here is the description (for those that wanted more info) CRUISETOURS

Not sure I would really want to go to Ayers Rock (too much distance-i think) but for sure Great Barrier Reef and more Sydney time. Would like to get up into the mountains also. I am looking at this or a land tour of both OZ/NZ. Not sure which would be better.

I did this land/cruise tour this past January. We started the tour in Sydney. All I can say it was fantastic! 1st class all the way from the hotels to the tour guide. The tour guide was with us from when we arrived in Sydney, to when we boarded the Diamond after the tour. You won't regret it. We booked as soon as we came to do the Asia land/cruise tour March 2013

I did this land/cruise tour this past January. We started the tour in Sydney. All I can say it was fantastic! 1st class all the way from the hotels to the tour guide. The tour guide was with us from when we arrived in Sydney, to when we boarded the Diamond after the tour. You won't regret it. We booked as soon as we came to do the Asia land/cruise tour March 2013

I am glad you enjoyed our great country.:D

• 2 months later...
I am glad you enjoyed our great country.:D

I have always wanted to go to Australia. It's probably going to be several years before we are able to plan a trip, but I'm always looking at the current itineraries. While I would certainly enjoy seeing New Zealand, it seems to me that Princess spends too much time in New Zealand and too little time in Australia on their Australia & New Zealand itineraries.

Can anyone who has sailed Princess provide any feedback in this regard? Did you feel like you were able to see enough of Australia?

Thanks

I guess we were lucky as when we did Australia/NZ on Princess our itinerary was as follows:'

Sydney-Melbourne-Adelaide-Hobart-Fiordland-Dunedin-Christchurch-Wellington-Auckland

This was a good mix of both countries.

However, they do not offer this great itinerary at the current time.

I would be interested also in hearing from someone that has actually gone on one of these cruisetours. Here is the description (for those that wanted more info) CRUISETOURS

Not sure I would really want to go to Ayers Rock (too much distance-i think) but for sure Great Barrier Reef and more Sydney time. Would like to get up into the mountains also. I am looking at this or a land tour of both OZ/NZ. Not sure which would be better.

I agree Ayers Rock is too much distance for a short visit. Good idea to look at land tours, which go where you want to go, to compare.

Just one point, please take into account the weather. If you travel north in our summer (your winter), it will be our cyclone season, hot, humid and rainy (which makes the beautiful rain forests).

We will be doing the cruisetour on Feb1st 2013....the one that goes to Darwin right b4 the 14 day Diamond Princess cruise. About 4 years ago we did a pre-cruise tour in Thailand and Cambodia and also a post tour in Beiijing/Xian. Both tours were superb,lovely accommodation/food and excellent guides with very good English.

Hope this helps a bit

Archived