NCL Pearl Bowling Alley

CruisingLover

On the NCL website it says that kids 6 and older can use the bowling alley. I was wondering how strict they are on the age? The reason I ask is because my niece will only be 5 1/2 at the time (she will be 6 years old 1 month later). I'm not even sure she will WANT to bowl but I thought I would ask anyway :) Also, how many lanes are there and do we need reservations?

Thanks!

Tracy

As I recall, only two lanes, one on each side of the Bliss lounge. I'm thinking the price per game was $5. Wasn't often busy. I have trouble seeing a 5/6 year old being able to even lift a bowling ball, much less launch it the length of a bowing alley. The video game room might be more her interest...maybe.

It's actually four lanes (two on each side) and there is no need to book. In fact, I think it's first-come-first-served anyway.

The last price I got was three years ago and it was $5 per game and yes, that age is fine to bowl. There are lighter balls and bumpers available and the manager should be happy to help out.

I highly doubt they would stop anyone who is that close to age from bowling as long as they are physically able (size-wise). If not, they wouldn't have much fun anyway!

We had great fun bowling on the Pearl on our Alaska cruise. We had my 4yo and 7yo who bowled with the bumpers. No one ever asked about the age, but my (at the time 4yo) was about the same size as my 7 year old. :p

I really don't think anyone will question it. I think the point of an age requirement is so that someone doesn't have a baby trying to bowl.......we all know someone would try :rolleyes:

I enjoyed bowling a game on the Gem, just for the unique experience. All the ships offer free 'Wii' bowling, but it can't compare to the real thing as offered in the Bliss Ultra Lounges on the Gem and Pearl....

Interesting that RCI hasn't copied this unique to NCL feature, although they had those 'self-leveling pool tables'......

I enjoyed bowling a game on the Gem, just for the unique experience. All the ships offer free 'Wii' bowling, but it can't compare to the real thing as offered in the Bliss Ultra Lounges on the Gem and Pearl....

Interesting that RCI hasn't copied this unique to NCL feature, although they had those 'self-leveling pool tables'......

Probably the same reason as NCL hasn't added Flow-Riders. Every line has to offer something different!

On the Pearl last week, the bowling alley was on a first-come basis. It looked busy most of the time...probably due to the large number of families onboard. We had really wanted to try bowling at sea, but gave up on that idea as we did not want to wait around for our turn. Too many other things to do and enjoy!

I have this warped image of guests scattering as a large swell causes a ball to come back down the lane at the bowler. The ship movemnt does add a little of an extra element to the game.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

LOL!!!! Seriously though, I think if there was too much wave action, NCL would close it. Just like they close the pool in those conditions.

We had a blast bowling several times on the Pearl back in March. It was never crowded and never a line.

They have the 4 lanes (2 on each side) and one time when we went there, there was a little one bowling with their older sibling and parents with the bumpers on the lane.

I was concerned because we had our 3 year old with us and there was a sign saying adults only past a certain time (10pm???) and I was afraid they wouldn't let her in there, but they had no problem and said as long as we were bowling they didn't care. :)

Archived