Who on the Boards Would You Most Like to Cruise With?

richsea

Hey - what about that Scottish guy with the kilts? We all loved reading his reviews!

And by far - Larry Simon always has the most informative, concise postings. I want to see if he is carrying a set of encyclopedia under his arm......or maybe an ipad........

And NOT Texed! We'd be fighting for the waffles! But I love how his posts show up at the greatest times!

And by far - Larry Simon always has the most informative, concise postings. I want to see if he is carrying a set of encyclopedia under his arm......or maybe an ipad........

I can confirm that Larry and wife Susie are as nice in real life as they appear to be on this board. I am lucky to have cruised or met with many from here and unlucky to have missed out with others (Texed, Host Andy to name just two).

Phil

This thread is one of the main reasons we love Celebrity...and CC!!!!:)

Our last 2 cruises have been on Princess (because we needed to be with some friends).......but we now wil settle on Celebrity from here on in!!!

Fun thread!

It's always a treat to finally meet people you've been chatting with. I've had the pleasure of cruising with Host Andy and near misses with Lois and Tuggers, but maybe one day it will work out.

I hesitate to name a lot of names for fear of leaving some out (in my next life I'm going to have more memory installed), but I must single out Larry Simon for his always patient and informative posts. He answers the same questions over and over again, always patiently and with the facts. I'm in awe! And Library Lady who keeps up the awesome S class spreadsheet--what a wonderful service that is to the rest of us. I think Ed would be fun to cruise with although we might have to duke it out for waffles! And I hope to cruise with Terry in a few years--then I know I'll have great photos!

This is a great community with lots of helpful people and great cruise companions. Thanks for starting the thread!

Fun thread! I hope to cruise with Terry in a few years--then I know I'll have great photos! This is a great community with lots of helpful people and great cruise companions. Thanks for starting the thread!

Yes, Linda! Look forward to traveling with you and others on our Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, 14 days, finishing in Auckland. We have a nice and active roll call going at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1614754

Welcome to any who want to join us for this trip and/or travel along via the web as we get prepared for that "adventure".

Agree on this being a fun thread with excellent people sharing on these CC boards. THANKS for the honor of your mention! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 97,264 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Not to copy others, but there are so many good and kind people on this board. My favorite "never cruised with" contributor, hands down, though is Larry Simon. I always want to know what he has to say - and am careful in my replies to be factual and kind, lest he think ill of me. He wouldn't say anything, but I think I try not to get snarky since I just know he will read it and disapprove.

Contributors we've cruised with are some fantastic people. Stacy - who organized our roll call on Equinox and taught me how to put together a roll call and Louise & others on our Silhouette trip - they made it a home away from home. It was like going on a cruise with a whole lot of friends.

I always enjoy TLC in Ohio's photos - we count on good advice and great pictures to illustrate in his posts. Oops - I think this Terry is a he - I think there were photos, but I don't know. Shouldn't assume.

Happy Cruiser 6143 has good things to say - positive good things.

There are others whose names escape me who make it more fun, too. So if I left you out - I apologize, but trust me I really really appreciate the good humored informative civil and kind people who post.

And to keep myself calm and happy, I just don't read the ones that start "Worst xxx ever" or "Don't you hate xxx" since they are rarely productive.

Thanks for this question.

Beth

What a great thread! It's so hard to single out people from among the great group on this board. Having said that my list would include LoisR, Denny01, LSimon, LibraryLady and Host Andy for sure. Also WVUFans (?) and TexEd. Just so many helpful, kind and generous people here.

Susan

New to Celebrity so I am not that familuar with the group of people you mentioned.

I have to say we always meet nice poeple while cruising.

Now Radio is a guy I have followed on the boards who has amazing reviews and I would love to meet him.

There are just SO many to note.... SO MANY that I've seen on here for the past 6-7 years whom I've come to respect their opinions, enjoy their posts, and appreciate their well-thought-out responses.. Of course, our minds tend to automatically grasp onto the ones that post on here constantly...some every single day.... and are subsequently fresh in our minds (relative to the ones who post sporatically).

The one person who gets my vote as being at the top of my list is PartyAllDaTyme - who has always, and consistantly, submitted posts that have been extremely well-written, clearly thought out, sensible, respectful, mediating (when necessary), amusing, and helpful to others.. Never one-sided or derogatory.. I always finding myself nodding to his posts, often commenting on his post being the absolute best contribution to the subject at hand..

And, I just KNOW that if I met him on a cruise he'd be a great guy to hang out with and have interesting discussions.... He even looks the type who knows how to "Party All Da Tyme"... when it's time for that) :)

- Rick

I would even go back to traditional dining if I could share a table with ASixth, Partyalldatime and Derf (where is he lately?) and their partners, though I think we would need someone to control us. :eek: I really enjoy their humour on these boards. :D

I would even go back to traditional dining if I could share a table with ASixth, Partyalldatime and Derf (where is he lately?) and their partners, though I think we would need someone to control us. :eek: I really enjoy their humour on these boards. :D

Yes, come to think of it, where IS Derf? :confused: We've been missing his dry, pithy sense of humor lately! ;)

I Danno and I used to chat back and forth alot. Cruisinchick (sp.?) Has always been fun on here. Wow. So easy to forget folks, but I surely hope we bump into eachother on board!

Andrew aka Blazerboy

WOW, I was just wondering what happened to Danno and Duck the other day, how funny you should mention Danno.

I am dying to sail you with too Andrew, and I believe we will be getting off Summit as you are boarding. Too bad. So close yet, so far!!

For me as a solo female cruise it is hands down Lois.

I would have never even sailed on a Celebrity ship or visited the Celebrity thread had it not been for her posts on the solo cruisers thread.

She is very inspiring and she helps a lot of women make the decision to try cruising after death or divorce leaves them without a cruising partner........

She is so classy and I can't say enough about her......

Thanks to Lois I've done five Celebrity cruises since 2010.....and it has become my preferred cruiseline :)

I also enjoy the posts of all of the other people mentioned on this amusing thread:)

:cool:I'd rather sail with SailawayJack than anyone I know. He is handsome, intelligent, always buys me drinks, travels with his beautiful wife, opens doors for old ladies (even if they are younger than him), waits for elevators to empty before getting in, has plenty of wine in his room at all times, and throws the best sailaway parties.

Signed: SAILAWAYJACK:cool:JACK I$ $AILING AGAIN

You're in luck, we always take select dining! :D

Here's a short list :rolleyes:

richsea, louise1809, Sheeng, dolittle, MicCanberra, Karynanne , Partyalldatime, LauraS, Host Andy, Lsimon, dkjretired, richsea, ~Nereus~, cosaraquis1, Lois R (who we have cruised with),TLCOhio, celebrity, CarolRick, librarylady19, Lard Greystoke, Nebr.cruiser, Blazerboy, wwcruisers, runnerandme, Desertbelle, Denny01, DC2OC (and the Boston Terrier :D) , Massnatives, excitedofharpenden, denims, Happy Cruiser 6143, New Hampshire, bbappel, satchiesmom, Hart10, Rick-cruiser, skippyy, ClairetoCruise , u2cruiser, CruisingChick, cherylroslyn, sailawayjack, Jack Diamond, BridgeMaven, CathyCruises, Kevnzw..., portofrome, wino, all UK posters, all Aussie posters, vagabondage, kitty9, teajak, Derf, and curtdesilets (who we just cruised with!)

I am sure I have missed too many more.

richsea, louise1809, Sheeng, dolittle, MicCanberra, Karynanne , Partyalldatime, Lsimon, dkjretired, richsea, ~Nereus~, cosaraquis1, Lois R (who we have cruised with),TLCOhio, celebrity, CarolRick, librarylady19, Lard Greystoke, Nebr.cruiser, Blazerboy, wwcruisers, runnerandme, Desertbelle, Denny01, DC2OC (and the Boston Terrier :D) , Massnatives, excitedofharpenden, denims, Happy Cruiser 6143, New Hampshire, bbappel, satchiesmom, Hart10, Rick-cruiser, skippyy, ClairetoCruise , u2cruiser, CruisingChick, cherylroslyn, sailawayjack, Derf, and curtdesilets (who we just cruised with!)

Ditto on this list for me. Off hand I'd add: Jack Diamond, BridgeMaven, CathyCruises, Kevnzw..., portofrome, wino, all UK posters, all Aussie posters, vagabondage, kitty9, teajak; and, later, I'll remember more. I enjoy reading the boards, meeting people, and like all opinions and personalities.

-Marisa

richsea, louise1809, Sheeng, dolittle, MicCanberra, Karynanne , Partyalldatime, Lsimon, dkjretired, richsea, ~Nereus~, cosaraquis1, Lois R (who we have cruised with),TLCOhio, celebrity, CarolRick, librarylady19, Lard Greystoke, Nebr.cruiser, Blazerboy, wwcruisers, runnerandme, Desertbelle, Denny01, DC2OC (and the Boston Terrier :D) , Massnatives, excitedofharpenden, denims, Happy Cruiser 6143, New Hampshire, bbappel, satchiesmom, Hart10, Rick-cruiser, skippyy, ClairetoCruise , u2cruiser, CruisingChick, cherylroslyn, sailawayjack, Derf, and curtdesilets (who we just cruised with!)

Right back at ya!!!

I am still always waiting to sail with you so that I can find out what "A Sixth" means......LOL

Krazy Kruizers

All Morning Doves

All who post on "What are you having for dinner".

:) Many Many More CC Posters .... too many to name

Lois is very nice in person.

But let's all remember that sailawayjack is handsome, intelligent, always buys me drinks, travels with his beautiful wife, opens doors for old ladies (even if they are younger than him), waits for elevators to empty before getting in, has plenty of wine in his room at all times, and throws the best sailaway parties.

:p:D

Well, gawrsh, thanks Rick-criuiser, u2cruiser, A Sixth?, and anyone else who'd include lil ol' me, and I'd be happy to sail with any of you. I'm almost scared to name my list for fear I'll leave someone off, but the ones that come to mind would be Lois R (again-- hope DW and I would have more time to spend together with her the second time around), Lsimon, Denny01, Host Andy, Orator (again-- was so friendly and helpful to a couple of relative noobs on our first X cruise), derf5585 (still around, posting mostly on roll calls lately-- think he migrates to whatever board he has a cruise coming up on). Anyone not listed, please don't take offense-- I'm just trying to limit it to the really special people.

Really, the list would include almost everyone here. There's very few posters that would have me saying, "Ugh. You mean that one's on this cruise?" And of course they shall remain nameless. And of course they don't include you.:rolleyes::cool:

One of my fantasies would be for Celebrity to put together a special Cruise Critic cruise featuring the Celebrities of the Celebrity Cruise Critic board. I think it might be a boon to sales-- I'll bet there would be more than a few folks that would book it, just to meet and rub elbows with some of the folks that hang out here. Being Celebrity celebrities, they would of course be given free suite accommodations for themselves and their SO. If anybody cares to get a grass roots campaign going, I'm all in favor of it. Just remember to mention my name to X.:D:eek::rolleyes:

Archived