balcony cabin on allure of the seas advice needed

Thanks for all your help so far. I didn't even realise you could view the deck plans thats brilliant. Must print it out and study were everything is. On the RC website it will not let me have deck 8 as an option does this mean that it's sold out already?

So I suppose my next question would be if I can't have deck 8 which is better 7 or 9?

Thanks again for all the advise.

Best website I've found for deck plans is cruise cheap dot com (type the web address as usual... first two words together). I am not recommending this online travel agency, just the ease I love in using their deck plans. We use a different agency. There is a link in the list at the left on the site for deck plans that you can click on. Scroll down to Royal Caribbean ships listing and go from there. No need to print out since these are so nice and large.

Having cruised on both the Allure and Oasis and been in both an oceanview balcony and a Boardwalk balcony, for a honeymoon I would recommend an oceanview balcony as others have said. We have totally enjoyed our Boardwalk balcony cabins, but the oceanview is more private.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! Have a wonderful honeymoon.

The RCCL Web site does not list all of the cabin options available. If you really want a certain cabin the best thing to do is to call RCCL or your travel agent and ask if it is available. They can also help you find an available cabin in a certain area (e.g. deck 8 oceanview balcony midship).

You can also do a mock booking. Go through the process online at the RCCL website. Go through the process as though you want to book your cruise. On the page where the cabin is being offered, there is a link for you to click on that reads "change your stateroom". A list of available cabins will show up and also a blank spot for you to type in a specific cabin number if not on the list.

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have stayed on the allure of the seas. I want to book for honeymoon but just wondering were the best balcony cabins are. I see there is central park ones boardwalk ones or seaview ones. Also whereabouts on the ship is best.

I think i would like to be away slightly from the elevator because people gathering there would be noisy ( or is it i have no idea). I suppose i don't want too be stuck beside a noisy crew room or under the nightclub bars etc. I'm 26 and will be out most nights to the all hours but like my own quiet space at the same time.

I have never been on a cruise before so really clueless.

Cabins near elevators are no more noisy than any other. Go for the ocean view near aft elevators. Easy down to the dining rooms or up to the windjammer.

Check out the

Hi,

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

We are just back from Allure on Sunday. Our balcony cabin was on deck 11 and right near the entrance to the stairwell ( I always book near the stairwell). I don't like walking through the long narrow passage way. So handy too for lifts. We were offered deck 8 at time of booking but we changed our minds as we thought it would be noisy so can't comment on that though. Can I just say that at the very end of deck 11 there is a balcony that overlooks the aquatheatre area. I used it most days and the most people using it at anytime - me and my husband. An occasional parent would appear to take a photo of kids climbing rock wall. I would go to central park for salad and roast beef sandwiches and my husband would go for the beer or wine. We'd meet back there for lunch. It was fun watching the divers practise, rock climbers, people watching etc. Then just lay back and read your book. Shaded or unshaded. There must be around 25+ loungers and chairs and we'd have our pick. Plus it was quiet. And when we wanted back to our cabin it was just along the corridor. Dont get me wrong, we'd head off to the pool to cool off and the we'd head back to what felt like our little piece of heaven. Yep deck 11 worked for us ;)

Hi,

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

We are just back from Allure on Sunday. Our balcony cabin was on deck 11 and right near the entrance to the stairwell ( I always book near the stairwell). I don't like walking through the long narrow passage way. So handy too for lifts. We were offered deck 8 at time of booking but we changed our minds as we thought it would be noisy so can't comment on that though. Can I just say that at the very end of deck 11 there is a balcony that overlooks the aquatheatre area. I used it most days and the most people using it at anytime - me and my husband. An occasional parent would appear to take a photo of kids climbing rock wall. I would go to central park for salad and roast beef sandwiches and my husband would go for the beer or wine. We'd meet back there for lunch. It was fun watching the divers practise, rock climbers, people watching etc. Then just lay back and read your book. Shaded or unshaded. There must be around 25+ loungers and chairs and we'd have our pick. Plus it was quiet. And when we wanted back to our cabin it was just along the corridor. Dont get me wrong, we'd head off to the pool to cool off and the we'd head back to what felt like our little piece of heaven. Yep deck 11 worked for us ;)

how do you get to the deck 11 balcony

Be aware that all ocean facing balconies allow smoking on both your and your neighbors' balconies - great if you smoke, not so great if you do not want smoke wafting over your balcony. Central Park and Boardwalk balconies do NOT allow smoking.

Any balcony will work for that. It's all about the challenge you know
Actually CP and Boardwalk balconies add an additional level of challenge to joining the Balcony Club and at the same time not get thrown off the ship.

Thom

how do you get to the deck 11 balcony

Aft lift to deck 11 look for cabin 11664 then go all the way back along corridor think it's about 34 cabins back and right at the end, turn left, glass door and voila. Your very or nearly very private balcony. Good luck.

P.S. if the sun isn't shining on that side head over to the other balcony.

Hope this helps?;)

We just got back 1 week ago. I recommend the Ocean View rooms for sure! The Boardwalk and Central Park are opened to the world and people can look at you from accross the way. Plus, the noise will be there. The boardwalk is especially noisey because of the Aqua theater nearby plus you can hear the music from a bar.

But caution with the air conditioner in the rooms. :( They have it designed so that the rooom air conditioner will automatically shut off when you unlock your balcony door. By unlock, I mean you flip the lock switch. The person that stays inside of the room will uncomfortable in a matter of minutes. They are trying to show the world that Royal Carrb is energy concerned, but they are doing it at the expense of your comfort.

But caution with the air conditioner in the rooms. :( They have it designed so that the rooom air conditioner will automatically shut off when you unlock your balcony door. By unlock, I mean you flip the lock switch. The person that stays inside of the room will uncomfortable in a matter of minutes. They are trying to show the world that Royal Carrb is energy concerned, but they are doing it at the expense of your comfort.

So does that mean if hubby wants to sit outside on balcony i have to lock him out there in order to have air conditioning on in room while i shower/do hair?:confused:

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have stayed on the allure of the seas. I want to book for honeymoon but just wondering were the best balcony cabins are. I see there is central park ones boardwalk ones or seaview ones. Also whereabouts on the ship is best.

I think i would like to be away slightly from the elevator because people gathering there would be noisy ( or is it i have no idea). I suppose i don't want too be stuck beside a noisy crew room or under the nightclub bars etc. I'm 26 and will be out most nights to the all hours but like my own quiet space at the same time.

I have never been on a cruise before so really clueless.

We had an ocean view balcony on Deck 8 right behind the hump cabins. D8 Catagory. Loved it. So nice to leave our cabin and walk into Central Park which was one of our favorite places on the ship. We want to face the water, not an inside balcony view. So nice to have a nightcap out there or watch sailaway from a port out there. Perfect.

...or PORT and LEFT have the same number of letters. Of course this always refers to the fact that you are facing the bow (pointy end) of the ship. ;)

Thanks for posting that little tidbit of info. I was reading another post abt where the beds may be located (near the balcony or closet ) and was completely lost because I could not figure which direction they were referencing

:-) !

I must say we must have some good looking members here if other cruisers are spending there vacation gawking at the from accross the boardwalk:D

When I was on the Oasis we did not have that problem nor did I spend my time

checking out the nieghbors:)

The last few BW cabins have a great view of the ocean and the boardwalk.

I however have to disagree with the above poster about the large empty aft balcony on deck eleven.

This balcony is terrible !!! Don't waste your time going there,nothing to see no where to sit very crowded...I could go on and on:p

Congrats on your up comming wedding!!!

Reader

I don't know if Deck 8 is "better" than Deck 11, but it may be a little more convenient. I personally like Deck 6 aft. It's on Boardwalk level, one deck down to the promenade, 2 decks up to Central Park. It's all good!

Due to advice on this thread, I did switch to Deck 8 and from an oceanview and interior directly across to connecting boardwal balconies on Deck 8 (8315 & 8317). I had to pay a bit more for the switching, close to $600 for the two rooms in total. But the second room is bigger and the issue of having a smoke free balcony appealed to us. I guess we can still see the ocean from these cabins as well.

Due to advice on this thread, I did switch to Deck 8 and from an oceanview and interior directly across to connecting boardwal balconies on Deck 8 (8315 & 8317). I had to pay a bit more for the switching, close to $600 for the two rooms in total. But the second room is bigger and the issue of having a smoke free balcony appealed to us. I guess we can still see the ocean from these cabins as well.

Sounds like you made a good choice. You will be able to see the ocean to the right when you're on your balcony. Enjoy!!!

Sounds like you made a good choice. You will be able to see the ocean to the right when you're on your balcony. Enjoy!!!

Thanks again. It's costing us. But it moves the kids from their inside interior to where all of us can enjoy the action and some of the ocean. While we traded in our balcony that was called oceanview, I can get that on any cruise and these cabins look like fun. I wouldn't know the difference between decks 8 and 11. But if everyone here loves deck 8, I'll go with the flow. We haven't been on a Royal Caribbean ship in over six years and we're looking forward to this one.

We loved our oceanview balcony cabin on deck 8, although sometimes it was too hot to sit outside in the sun and eat breakfast on it. My parents had a boardwalk view balcony and said they would much prefer our oceanview one the next time. It is not as noisy as you might think near the elevators and it makes getting around the ship much more convenient. We liked deck 8 because it was in the middle, a couple decks down or a couple decks up to everything when the elevators were too crowded and we wanted to take the stairs.

I must say we must have some good looking members here if other cruisers are spending there vacation gawking at the from accross the boardwalk:D

When I was on the Oasis we did not have that problem nor did I spend my time

checking out the nieghbors:)

The last few BW cabins have a great view of the ocean and the boardwalk.

I however have to disagree with the above poster about the large empty aft balcony on deck eleven.

This balcony is terrible !!! Don't waste your time going there,nothing to see no where to sit very crowded...I could go on and on:p

Congrats on your up comming wedding!!!

Reader

You must have been very unfortunate going to the balcony when it was very crowded? And obviously we don't share the same opinion.

I could go into great depths regarding my choice to go to balcony on deck 11 but I wont!

And depending on what you want to look at?

WE enjoyed the peace and quiet and space.

It's your own decision, it's your vacation/honeymoon enjoy.

Each to their own.:rolleyes:

Archived