Seniors

I remember the day DH turned 55 and we finally qualified for senior rates, wouldn't you know the cruise we wanted didn't have a senior rate. ::eek:

LOL - the cruise we are looking at has an incredible senior rate right now, and wouldn't you know, my husband is only 54.

Thank goodness for that senior rates. We had an inside cabin for our 10 day Hawaii cruise next month but a senior discount took the JS from $3249 to $1599. So for about $280 each we jumped up to a junior suite, not just the balcony but double C&A points. :)

Bill

After many cruises with RCI we have only been lucky enough to have been able to use the senoir rate once...The few other times it has been available eventually on our particular cruise...my original rate before it was offered was still lower.

Thank goodness for that senior rates. We had an inside cabin for our 10 day Hawaii cruise next month but a senior discount took the JS from $3249 to $1599. So for about $280 each we jumped up to a junior suite, not just the balcony but double C&A points. :)

Bill

WOW...Nice deal..Congrats on grabbing that one. Enjoy Hawaii.:)

LOL - the cruise we are looking at has an incredible senior rate right now, and wouldn't you know, my husband is only 54.

Will he turn 55 before the cruise departure date? If so, he would qualify.

Our personal experience has been good with RCI. In fact, our first RCI cruise was 4 weeks after my hubby turned 55. We were booked in a balcony cabin for an end of Alaska season 4 day cruise. It was a pretty nice rate, but then I noticed a fare reduction. I called the cruise line to ask about it and the booking agent I talked to said that we qualified (back in the day when you could get a reduction after final payment). Then she said, "Oh, I see your hubby will be turning 55 next month, and before your cruise date. We just added a senior discount to your cabin category. Hold on a minute." She came back on and had been able to reduce our fare to lower than an inside had been when we booked. Sweet.

beachchick

Where does it tell you tha tthere is a senior rate??? Didn't know to evfer look for one.

When you are doing a dummy booking, check all boxes that apply to you.

Senior, Resident, Military, Police or Fire, what ever you qualify for.

When the rates comes up it will say DEAL in a small yellow triangle in the upper right corner where it shows the rates. The box on the right that shows the rates, click on details and it will tell you what the special rate is.

It isn't always available and can be gone quickly! ;)

I have never been lucky enough to get a senior rate and I'm 63!:p

My favorite senior discount for travel is the US Senior National Parks Pass. You need to be 62 and it cost $10. (so you are good-to-go) It is good for life.

It gets you into all national parks free. :)

My favorite senior discount for travel is the US Senior National Parks Pass. You need to be 62 and it cost $10. (so you are good-to-go) It is good for life.

It gets you into all national parks free. :)

Thanks. I'm one year ahead of you 63 and the National Parks would be nice but I live in Louisiana and there are no National Parks around here that I would like to visit. Beside now that I have discovered :) cruising I can't think of any other vacation that I want to go on.

Thanks. I'm one year ahead of you 63 and the National Parks would be nice but I live in Louisiana and there are no National Parks around here that I would like to visit. Beside now that I have discovered :) cruising I can't think of any other vacation that I want to go on.

We have visted several national parks on cruises. Bar Harbor Maine, Virgin Island NP on St John, Key West, etc. I am going to 3 in Alaska.:)

Archived