Will not accept upgrade to anything less than Mini Suite

burm

I took the chance this time and booked, "Upgrade to a higher Meta only". I too had to ask if this option was available when booking. My only concern is could they replace my Mini with a Window Suite, which is technically a suite without a balcony?

I plan to call Princess today and clarify this issue. If that's the case I would change to No Upgrade acceptable.:eek:

I would guess that an upgrade from a mini to a WS would be considered a meta... I am not sure how you would be able to differentiate or deliniate a suite with a balcony vs. a suite without. It may be an "all or nothing" proposition.:)

I took the chance this time and booked, "Upgrade to a higher Meta only". I too had to ask if this option was available when booking. My only concern is could they replace my Mini with a Window Suite, which is technically a suite without a balcony?

I plan to call Princess today and clarify this issue. If that's the case I would change to No Upgrade acceptable.:eek:

Does the Grand have window suites that are a higher grade than a mini with balcony?!:eek:

That is the perfect example of why an upgrade is not necessarily an upgrade from the passenger's point of view. We would take the smallest, least expensive cabin with a balcony over a sumptuous suite without one.

But as the Upgrade Fairy appears to have blacklisted us, this will probably never be an issue.:p In any case, If given a window suite, i would then ask for a switch from a position of power - as a suite holder. If you really hated it they would likely do something for you with sufficient notice. If you made the discovery on boarding, it would possibly be too late if the ship were sold out.

Does the Grand have window suites that are a higher grade than a mini with balcony?!:eek:

That is the perfect example of why an upgrade is not necessarily an upgrade from the passenger's point of view. We would take the smallest, least expensive cabin with a balcony over a sumptuous suite without one.

Yes the Window Suites are technically a higher category than the mini-suites. But everything I have read here and on other forums inidcates that if the Window Suites are not sold out, a random very lucky person who booked an Oceanview--or in one case I read even an obstucted OV--gets a tremendous upgrade: suite privileges at one-third the price!

Yes the Window Suites are technically a higher category than the mini-suites. But everything I have read here and on other forums inidcates that if the Window Suites are not sold out, a random very lucky person who booked an Oceanview--or in one case I read even an obstucted OV--gets a tremendous upgrade: suite privileges at one-third the price!

It is good to know that Princess is aware that a person booking a balcony would not normally be happy with a move to a Window Suite, however more luxurious.

Thank you for the information. :)

I would hate to be moved, as one of the posts mentioned, to a less favorable location and they call it an upgrade. Now, this is a real option -- Princess rocks for doing this! This way, happy if they do, happy if they don't!! The only other option that would be nice is to upgrade to a Caribe Deck balcony -- but no complaints here. I am happy, happy, happy....either way -- if I get it or not.

I would hate to be moved, as one of the posts mentioned, to a less favorable location and they call it an upgrade. Now, this is a real option -- Princess rocks for doing this! This way, happy if they do, happy if they don't!! The only other option that would be nice is to upgrade to a Caribe Deck balcony -- but no complaints here. I am happy, happy, happy....either way -- if I get it or not.

The information that all you have provided on cruisecritic rocks, too!!

It is good to know that Princess is aware that a person booking a balcony would not normally be happy with a move to a Window Suite, however more luxurious.

Thank you for the information. :)

I beg to differ with you. Depending on where you are cruising to, a window suite is a wonderful upgrade. We were upgraded to a WS on the Golden when going to Hawaii. With all the sea days especially this was a great opportunity to live a suite life and the balcony was useless except for a very few days. We would take that upgrade again in a minute.

I beg to differ with you. Depending on where you are cruising to, a window suite is a wonderful upgrade. We were upgraded to a WS on the Golden when going to Hawaii. With all the sea days especially this was a great opportunity to live a suite life and the balcony was useless except for a very few days. We would take that upgrade again in a minute.

I am curious to see how many agree with you, so I have started another thread specifically to answer this question. :D

It is a good thing that we do not all have the same priorities.

Not to get off topic, but why was the balcony useless?

The question is what were you upgraded from to the WS? And as asked above why was the balcony useless?

my TA called me back to confirm I was in fact booked using META code, and I verified in fact that the TA can do this upgrade directly to my booking without calling Peincess.

Now can I just sit back and wait for my FULL suite upgrade fairy to come tapping on my screen:)

THANK YOU for all your help. This is why I love these boards. After my TA and a Princess rep told me it didn't exist, an email to Princess noting I was requesting a META upgrade, made all the difference. My booking is now marked META upgrade only. Thanks again...

:)

What email address did you use to request the meta-upgrade?

Thanks

Sharon

Has anyone ever booked a guarantee mini and gotten one on Emerald above Club Fusion? We are debating doing that but wondering about the noise. We have NEVER had anything nicer than a balcony and it's my husband's 65th bday.

Sue

I wouldn't worry too much about noise in those minis. We've been in them before and will be again on the Crown. On the starboard side, no noise at all. Some folks have said that on the port side directly above the Club Fusion stage they've heard some bass from the band but it usually stops by 11:00 PM. Those minis are our favorites, especially the last ones on each side with the longer balconies. I think it would be a very nice bday present for your hubby! :)

maybe i missed it .i know what the META means re upgrade but i didnt see what the letters META stand for.

Does not stand for anything.

"Meta" is a prefix from the Greek language. In this case, it means at a higher level.

Archived