Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

If I read the deck plans correctly it appears that Big White 'Box' at the pool deck level is actually the forward elevator/stair column (and some restrooms), which also extends up to the next level. There appears to be a childs play area on the upper level of the 'Box'.

8512513899_25742d52fc_z.jpg

ueberfuehrung33-vi.jpg

Based on it being so enclosed, maybe it is a kids detention center or jail? Wonder if they would charge me to drop my kids off there for the week.

Elaine, We are staying in an aft suite, I would love to do a cabin crawl on our roll call...now if it would just pick up a bit! :D

And, WE are staying in an OA, one of the very front large windows on Deck 11,

for the Rotterdam and TransAtlantic. Count us in!

On March 10th the Norwegian Brakaway should be transferred across the river "Ems" in the North Sea. After the first test the ship goes to Eemshaven for last works into the Ship.

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/norwegian-breakaway-emsueberfuehrung-am-10-maerz-2013/

See this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37315123&postcount=1228

;)

For those who really like big pictures with many details :-) :

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=279&pid=9159#top_display_media

Andreas

I am one of those! Thank you so much for sharing ALL the great pictures. I need to remember to put high ratings on them. Sometimes I get so caught up in the pictures I forget to rate them.

Looking at this photo (and a great photo it is, thank you) I don't see much open deck areas on the sides of the ship, no lifeboats for that matter either, so where is all of this al fresco dining going to be taking place?

If you look at the deck just above the windows, you can see some rather thick looking pillars. These are what holds the lifeboats, which will actually be held outside the ship.

Directly above that deck is the outside dining area. It starts a little way along the ship, about where the main hull art ends.

I haven't really described it very well, but hopefully you can tell what I'm talking about.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=279&pid=9159#top_display_media

Andreas

Thanks Andreas, those of us overseas really appreciate the effort you put into documenting these launches.

Plus, your photography is excellent. :)

Stephen (from Canada)

If you look at the deck just above the windows, you can see some rather thick looking pillars. These are what holds the lifeboats, which will actually be held outside the ship.

Directly above that deck is the outside dining area. It starts a little way along the ship, about where the main hull art ends.

I haven't really described it very well, but hopefully you can tell what I'm talking about.

Thanks so much for helping me get my bearings

So, it looks like you will be able to walk from the forward elevators outside on deck 8, around the aft and down the other side back to the forward elevators. Is that how it looks to everyone?

How about deck 7. That is where the life boats will be, I think. From looking at the pictures, it looks like there might be a walkway behind the life boats inside the hull ... sorta a "hull promenade" like the "hull balconies." Do you think this will be passenger accesible, or crew/emergency access to the lifeboats?

Not sure I would want to stroll a hull promenade, if that is what it is, but just curious. :)

Thanks,

Brad

So, it looks like you will be able to walk from the forward elevators outside on deck 8, around the aft and down the other side back to the forward elevators. Is that how it looks to everyone?

How about deck 7. That is where the life boats will be, I think. From looking at the pictures, it looks like there might be a walkway behind the life boats inside the hull ... sorta a "hull promenade" like the "hull balconies." Do you think this will be passenger accesible, or crew/emergency access to the lifeboats?

Not sure I would want to stroll a hull promenade, if that is what it is, but just curious. :)

Thanks,

Brad

Yes, I think you will be able to walk right round the aft as you describe.

As for deck 7, it looks very like it is on the Epic. Public access with deck games. I actually quite like it out there, but I assume most don't, as it is usually very empty. On the Epic, one side is designated as being for jogging I think. A hull promenade is a very good way of describing it.

Andreas

Hey Andreas...thanks so much for all the incredible pictures!!! You have really made it feel like we are there!!! This is one of the best threads I have been on before...everyone is so helpful and so nice!!!! Thanks to one and all!!!

Archived