E1 vs D1 balcony cabin

twonpcb

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 categories? RCI website says there is 15 sqare feet of difference but I cannot see any difference in pictures. Is the D1 wider? Longer? Both?

On Voyager/Freedom class, the D1 is slightly longer, and has a 3 person couch vs a 2 person couch on the E1.

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 categories? RCI website says there is 15 sqare feet of difference but I cannot see any difference in pictures. Is the D1 wider? Longer? Both?

1. longer

2. the additional berth in an E1 is a pullman bed (or beds)

3. the additional berth in a D1 is a sofabed

(there are rare exceptions)

4. because of the additional length, the sofa in the D1 is only a loveseat in the E1

We were in an E1 for the first time on our last cruise, and didn't find it noticeably different than the D's we've been in previously. We only had two in the cabin, though...perhaps it may feel noticeably smaller with more?

With the longer length in the D cabins comes a bigger vanity as well with more drawer and storage space.

I did notice the difference between the two on Radiance. I had to book my parents in an E near the elevators and we were in a D aft. I thought the difference was quite noticable.

Deb

I am glad to hear that we will have a full size sofa instead of a love seat in the D category. We have our first D2 cabin this December. We usually have a Jr. Suite or above because we love the double cruise reward points you get with them. But since we want to go on a B2B we knew that we couldn't afford a J.S. for two weeks so we were just such as happy to have a stateroom with a balcony.

On the ships I've been on the E1 has the loveseat by the balcony and the D1 has the bed by the balcony. We cruise mostly out of Galveston since we live in Texas and therefore sail on Voyager class ships. I do everything I can to book one of the corner aft E1 cabins on deck 7 as they have huge balconies which makes the smaller room not an issue. Hope this helps.

On the ships I've been on the E1 has the loveseat by the balcony and the D1 has the bed by the balcony. We cruise mostly out of Galveston since we live in Texas and therefore sail on Voyager class ships. I do everything I can to book one of the corner aft E1 cabins on deck 7 as they have huge balconies which makes the smaller room not an issue. Hope this helps.

We LOVE Galveston, especially staying at the Harbor House and parking at EZ Cruise. We never had a corner AFT "yet" but I finally was able to get have a Grand Suite corner AFT for our RCL's January 2014 cruise out of Galveston.

We LOVE Galveston, especially staying at the Harbor House and parking at EZ Cruise. We never had a corner AFT "yet" but I finally was able to get have a Grand Suite corner AFT for our RCL's January 2014 cruise out of Galveston.

Are you sure you're cruising out of Galveston? Navigator will be out of Galveston in January 2014 and there isn't a Grand Suite corner aft. There is on the Serenade out of NOLA.

Royal's pictures of staterooms are rather generic. The difference between the D's and E's on any of the ships that I've been on is space. The D's will have a full size sofa/sofabed and the E's have a very small "loveseat" sized couch/wide chair.

Whether or not the bed or the couch is by the balcony door has just been random, I believe.

Royal's pictures of staterooms are rather generic. The difference between the D's and E's on any of the ships that I've been on is space. The D's will have a full size sofa/sofabed and the E's have a very small "loveseat" sized couch/wide chair.

Whether or not the bed or the couch is by the balcony door has just been random, I believe.

I think the sofa/sofabed/chair also has to do with whether it's a connecting cabin or not. The other thing I notice is being able to walk around the end of the bed without bumping into it in a "D" cabin!

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Our favorite cabin!

It won't help some.

We are just glad there are cruisers that love

their humps.:)

Edited by ssb

Are you sure you're cruising out of Galveston? Navigator will be out of Galveston in January 2014 and there isn't a Grand Suite corner aft. There is on the Serenade out of NOLA.

It is New Orleans but when CaribeDiver mentioned Galveston I got all excited because we do love Galveston. Even though I am halfway between New Orleans and Galveston, Galveston is still my favorite port.

It is noticeable if you go back and forth between cabins. We have stayed in D1s while Friends stayed in E1s. Going between the Cabins you could feel that the E1s were more cramped.

It honestly feels like more than just 15 sq feet more. Unless there is a significant price difference, I would opt for the D1 (or D2)

It is New Orleans but when CaribeDiver mentioned Galveston I got all excited because we do love Galveston. Even though I am halfway between New Orleans and Galveston, Galveston is still my favorite port.

We love Galveston because we can drive there in about 8 hours. Now that RCI has a ship going out of NOLA we can also drive there in about the same time. I love the Serenade. We had 1602, right next to your GS, last year. The balcony is great. I know you'll have a wonderful time. Enjoy!

• 3 years later...

We just finished a cruise on Serenade of the Seas in an E2 on deck 8.

Above us were D cabins on deck 9.

On the balcony I noted that the deck 9 cabin extended an additional 2 plus feet above our balcony. Their balcony then extended an additional 2 feet beyond our balcony.

So from this I gather D cabins are 2 feet longer (same width) and balcony is essentially the same.

On the balcony I noted that the deck 9 cabin extended an additional 2 plus feet above our balcony. Their balcony then extended an additional 2 feet beyond our balcony.

So from this I gather D cabins are 2 feet longer (same width) and balcony is essentially the same.

Yes, good answer. On a 4 year old thread. ;)