Getting home to a broken house!!!

LOL!! I love this thread. It will be 2 years and 4 months between cruises for me. This is the longest time we have gone between cruises since we started cruising. Talk about PCD. I have come home 15 times and found my house broken in the exact some manner. Reality sucks!!!

Best cure is to always have a cruise booked. That'll show your house.

My husband no longer thinks it's cute :confused: .

When we come back from a cruise I pull out my room card and try to use it on the bedroom door and look at him and say " hunny can you go to the front desk...my card won't work". I complain about no chocolates on my bed that has not been turned down , the lack of towel animals and I try to sit at the kitchen table and wait for my waiter ( Thats the one he really hates ;)) .

I wind up having to 1.) start cooking all the meals and sittng down LAST ! 2.) making and turning down my own beds (and somethng about getting fat when I go for any chocolates:o) and 3.) washing and folding my own towels (no amimals just squares boring old squares :mad: )!

:p We need to form a weekly.....daily support group here on CC. PCD sufferers we will be gathering tonight at 7pm to discuss ways to cope with the troubling symptoms of PCD. Successful survivors of this condition please attend to lend support. :D

Yea this happened to us also. Took all 4 kids to the Caribbean, as we drove up to the house we both said “what happened to our cars”? Both cars stolen, computer, musical instruments, jewelry, etc. It turns out it was a friend of our daughter, along with others, who knew that we would be gone for a week. So if you have teenagers tell them to don’t advertize the trip outside of their very best friends. Also I wouldn’t post on facebook until you returned.

Oh no thats horrible! Glad they found out who did it.

Had a situation happen this winter on a b2b on Explorer. Second cruise, we were joined by friends of DW , who we knew would be there. DW ran into her in WJ at lunch on first day, and she asked my DW if she heard the news. Turns out, something got into the chimney and plugged it up, so when the furnace ran it pumped all off the into the house. When the person watching the dogs came to the house, he found it full of smoke and called the fire department.

DW immediately got on the phone and got the details and called our insurance agent. He said ,” enjoy your cruise and I will take care of it”. Insurance adjuster came into the house and when he saw the damage, he called Servpro and they started the cleanup. He also contracted with a paint contractor. He also contacted the furnace company to get the furnace functioning. The dogs are OK.

It was fortunate we were away because we had some of our clothes with us. The insurance brought in a laundry company who cleaned all of the clothes to be laundered for us.

The insurance agent, the adjuster, and the insurance company were great. As were all of the contractors they brought in .

I always get a house sitter... someone who comes and goes, turns different lights on and others off at different times, etc. They may or may not stay overnight, their choice but at least it looks as if someone is in and out, taking in the mail and newspapers. And I also have a very very nosy neighbor I ask to watch out for the place as well. It's the only time she ever comes in handy....lol

Yea this happened to us also. Took all 4 kids to the Caribbean, as we drove up to the house we both said “what happened to our cars”? Both cars stolen, computer, musical instruments, jewelry, etc. It turns out it was a friend of our daughter, along with others, who knew that we would be gone for a week. So if you have teenagers tell them to don’t advertize the trip outside of their very best friends. Also I wouldn’t post on facebook until you returned.

LOL!! I love this thread. It will be 2 years and 4 months between cruises for me. This is the longest time we have gone between cruises since we started cruising. Talk about PCD. I have come home 15 times and found my house broken in the exact some manner. Reality sucks!!!

Best cure is to always have a cruise booked. That'll show your house.

I feel your pain!!! I had to cancel my 2013 cruise, due to a massive lay-off at my company. I was out of work for a whole year!! My next cruise will be in 2014, when I'm confident I will have recovered financially enough to not feel irresponsible about taking a week-long vacation. (And I'll have LOTS of points to trade in!) I'll have gone 3 years and one month by then. It's painful. I LIVE for my yearly escape from reality (and from my broken house!)

I am so sorry that happened to you. Since you know the culprit, I hope you had your items returned.

Good point about Facebook. I never could understand people posting that they were out of town.

Just off the FOS on the 19th, has anyone else ever gotten home to realize your house is broken? Upon getting home I found out my kitchen did not have 24 hour dining service, my bed no longer is made when I reenter the bedroom, the living areas no longer have wonderful music.................:eek: OK WHAT IS UP WITH THIS!!!!

Ain't that a blip!:)

Archived