140 points - Crystal Block ?

Hi

On our upcoming Oasis cruise in October, we will hit 140 points five days into our cruise.

Will we get a crystal block that says Oasis :confused:

Sheri

You should. We got ours on the Enchantment, on our 140th point day. If you don't get it, ask the Loyal Ambassador. Congratulations.

Gwen :)

We were supposed to get ours on Explorer this past March and didnt receive it so I asked the Loyalty Ambassador who claimed they changed the cutoff numbers for the blocks. I asked him to check with Miami as that was not what I had been led to believe I even showed it to him on the RCL C&A website. Oh well wasnt a big deal, I called C&A when I got home and they shipped me one in about 6 weeks. So.... if you dont get one on the ship and get the run around instead just wait till you get back and call C&A and they will send you one.

Mike

hmmmm... I am at 216 points and never received anything at either the 140 mark or the 210 mark.

You should definitely call C&A about the missing block at 210. You may or may not be entitled to the block at 140 also. The blocks used to start at 210 (actually 30 cruise credits) and they recently changed it to start at 140 (20 cruise credits). Anyone who was past 20 credits when they made the change did not get a retroactive block.

My DD recently hit 210 points while we were on Radiance....I had to remind the loyalty ambassador when I didn't see it half way thru the sailing.....she said she didn't have any notice of it but had it delivered to the cabin that evening after looking up her account......so I wouldn't count on this as an automatic thing....seems like you may have to chase it down yourself at times unfortunately. BTW....I never received one at 140 either.

You know they cost money so I think they want you to ask for it before you get it. If I wasn't on CC I would never know anything about the blocks. I had to ask the Loyalty Ambassador and then she said they didn't have any so they would ship it to me. I do really like my block so make sure to ask for one.

Have a great cruise!

E-Beth

hmmmm... I am at 216 points and never received anything at either the 140 mark or the 210 mark.

I looked through my notes to try to determine when the change was made to start the blocks at 20 cruise credits (140 points) and I didn't find anything conclusive. My best guess is June 2010 when they restored the ability to combine booking on board OBC with balcony discount. Patti would know for sure, but she's cruising now. So, if you earned 140 points (or 20 cruise credits) after June 2010, try mentioning that to C&A also.

Question from a "lowly" Gold member..... What is a "crystal block"?

It's a rectangular block of glass (crystal) about 2" x 2" x 4" with an etching inside of the ship one was on when the milestone was reached.

I know this is petty but I should hit 140 on the Legend next December assuming they do Diamonds in December. I usually cruise for the ship and not the ports and much prefer the larger ships but that cruise will be for the ports. Is there any way, if they forget on that cruise, that I could call later and get the block for the Allure which I will be on in a few days, or the Oasis? I just think it would be nicer to put on my mantle.

I know this is petty but I should hit 140 on the Legend next December assuming they do Diamonds in December. I usually cruise for the ship and not the ports and much prefer the larger ships but that cruise will be for the ports. Is there any way, if they forget on that cruise, that I could call later and get the block for the Allure which I will be on in a few days, or the Oasis? I just think it would be nicer to put on my mantle.

Sorry, you will get the Crystal block from the ship where you reached the milestone (even if they forget).

I looked through my notes to try to determine when the change was made to start the blocks at 20 cruise credits (140 points) and I didn't find anything conclusive. My best guess is June 2010 when they restored the ability to combine booking on board OBC with balcony discount. Patti would know for sure, but she's cruising now. So, if you earned 140 points (or 20 cruise credits) after June 2010, try mentioning that to C&A also.

On June 1, 2010 they started issuing them at 20 cruise credits...AKA 140 cruise points now.

Question from a "lowly" Gold member..... What is a "crystal block"?

Sailing on the Oasis Inaugurals last December we earned our 40th & 41st cruise credits, when I asked the Loyalty Ambassador about our 40th commemorative gift she said that they were not ready in time so they would mail them out :rolleyes:

Well true to their word FedEx delivered it last night, it is really neat did anyone else get one?

Thank you RCCL

Ron :)

IMGP0173.jpg?t=1267644824

Hi

On our upcoming Oasis cruise in October, we will hit 140 points five days into our cruise.

Will we get a crystal block that says Oasis :confused:

Sheri

Yes you should. We hit 280 on Oasis and got our ship on Tues or Wed of that week.

Well Darn! I never knew about these blocks! Of course I never got anything from C&A anyways. We'll be on the Allure in Nov. when we get our 140 credits, and now I know to look for it. Thank you for the info.

BTW, is it one per household, or one per C&A number?

Nice, but not the same thing. The ebay one is generic; the milestone gifts are etchings of the particular ship you are sailing on when you hit your milestone credits with the ship's name etched into the block.

Well Darn! I never knew about these blocks! Of course I never got anything from C&A anyways. We'll be on the Allure in Nov. when we get our 140 credits, and now I know to look for it. Thank you for the info.

BTW, is it one per household, or one per C&A number?

One per household...

What's really bad is that once you have a few of them you may start calculating when you'll earn the next one so you don't duplicate a ship you already have...

We were going to be one point short of getting one this December, so I added a 3 night cruise in order to be able to get one on Independence (which I don't have yet) instead of Brilliance (which I do).

It actually sounds pretty silly to say it out loud :o, but if anybody would understand it's my CC friends.

One per household...

What's really bad is that once you have a few of them you may start calculating when you'll earn the next one so you don't duplicate a ship you already have...

It actually sounds pretty silly to say it out loud :o, but if anybody would understand it's my CC friends.

Sad, but oh so true!

Our upcoming Oasis cruise in September will get us within two points of a milestone cruise. We thought about doing a B2B on Oasis but we already have the Oasis block so we will only do seven days and then choose either the Vision and/or Jewel in Oct./Nov because we don't have either of these ships in our collection.

Archived