do you bring power strip/cord w/you on board?

socal4me

No I didn't. And no there aren't enough outlets in the room. Only one by the desk. However I had no problem juggling charging my iPad, cameras, and iPhone. And when they weren't charging I had my electric toothbrush plugged in all the time.

No, because I don't need one. I usually am solo. I can use the US outlet at the desk for my toothbrush, and the European outlet for my CPAP.

On the rare occasion that I am sharing the cabin, I do have a triple tap that gives us the equivalent of two more US outlets.

I was thinking of bringing one since we'll have two iphones, an ipad, and at least two cameras with us on future cruises. If there are no rules against power strips we'll probably take one next time out. Does anyone know for sure?

I have always used them. They are in plain sight and have never had anyone ask me not to use them. Not sure if they are legal, but haven't had a problem using them.

No, because I don't need one. I usually am solo. I can use the US outlet at the desk for my toothbrush, and the European outlet for my CPAP.

On the rare occasion that I am sharing the cabin, I do have a triple tap that gives us the equivalent of two more US outlets.

No, we have never taken a power strip but then again we don't take electonics other than our cell phones and camera. We're on vacation and leave it all at home..

We have two cameras, a video camera, cell phones (not used very much) and a travel computer notebook and have no problems with keeping everything charged. You just have to plan and pay attention to when and what batteries need to be charged. Like Ruth we also take along a 3-1 plug that can be used when we need more than one item charging at the same time. And it is much lighter and smaller than a full power strip.

We took one on our Panama Cruise and were glad we did. No issue's - no one said we couldn't have it. One of the larger issue's for me was having my laptop protected with the surge.

Do you bring power strip cord w/you on cruise vacation? do you find there are enough outlets in the cabin?

thanks.

Carol

Because of the various cameras, iPods, etc, this is what we bring:

s2v6g7.jpg

It multiplies 1 socket to 3 and has 2 USB ports.

:)

Yes, we take one on all our cruises. Just got off thenVolendam and there is only one outlet. We definitely needed it - 2 cameras, 2 phones, and iPad, and hair styler.

The hair dryer on the volendam fits in the European outlet, which was convenient. Others we met on the ship were regretting that they did not have one.

We used to bring just a 3-in-1 plug, a bit more industrial looking than Essiesmom posted. Now with all the electronics that beg to go along - 3-4 cameras & their batteries, kindle, tablet, phones, CPAP, etc - we need something a bit more heavy duty. The belkin mini-surge protector that shmoo posted goes too. As does an extension cord for the CPAP machine.

Just think, 10-15 years ago, we didn't have any of this....stuff. And we liked cruising just fine. Now I don't go anywhere without my kindle. :rolleyes:

We always take an extension for DH's CPAP, surge protector type, and there are never enough outlets so it comes in handy for the fan we always pre-order and the camera chargers.

Fan? What kind of fan are you pre-ordering? Details, please.

I get so very hot that the husband installed my very own Mitsubishi unit in the bedroom - it's a wonderfully cool 63F at all times. :)

Fan? What kind of fan are you pre-ordering? Details, please.

I get so very hot that the husband installed my very own Mitsubishi unit in the bedroom - it's a wonderfully cool 63F at all times. :)

We always request a fan, usually when booking. I can't sleep without some moving air, especially with my internal combustion problem:rolleyes::D It's always waiting in the cabin when we embark.

Since nobody has mentioned it . . .

We never bring a power strip because the ship will provide you one just for asking :) We've done this on our last 3 or 4 crusies with HAL and, most recently, on our July 31 cruise on the Eurodam. Just ask your room steward and he'll get you one.

Archived